Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Dec 21, 2020 at 7:43 PM Post #9,271 of 9,829
Dec 21, 2020 at 9:46 PM Post #9,272 of 9,829
I've been playing with different tips with my Andromeda and so far I'm a big fan of ADV Eartune Fidelity U, really adds a lot of bass and body, and it's very balanced in that the background chorus and main singer is all present. Tried spiral dot and it sounds like a worse version of eartune for me, a lot of subbass and highlights the background music very well, but main singer takes a back seat (sounds further back). Sedna light was kind of neat in that it removes all the bass so top end has more clarity... but you end up missing some parts of the music. For example on harry style watermelon song I hear a deep voiced chorus in background with eartune, but its missing with sedna light. So sedna light is all about clarity for main singer and background noise is all filtered out.

Dec 24, 2020 at 10:07 AM Post #9,273 of 9,829
Since getting my MW10 I’ve become mildly obsessed with the idea of hearing some other Andromeda’s to compare them.

Hoping one of the Andro experts could please help me by explaining what the main differences are between versions 1-3. Were they just cosmetic upgrades or were they tuned differently as well?

Many thanks in advance :)

EDIT: I found @ExpatinJapan ‘s excellent comparison on his website which covers all the differences.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2020 at 10:12 AM Post #9,274 of 9,829
Since getting my MW10 I’ve become mildly obsessed with the idea of hearing some other Andromeda’s to compare them.

Hoping one of the Andro experts could please help me by explaining what the main differences are between versions 1-3. Were they just cosmetic upgrades or were they tuned differently as well?

Many thanks in advance :)

Incidentally in a thread over at headphones.com a member who has multiple Andros made the following comparison with Focal headphones.

"MV10 in the direction of Utopia
The “golden” in the direction of Clear
The “originals” in the direction of Stellia"

Unfortunately he doesn't have or compare with the 2020 which to my ears is the closest to the MW10 of all of them. My gut and impressions of others suggest to me that the MW10 is the 2020 with improved technicalities as well as more sub-bass and top end sparkle.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2020 at 10:25 AM Post #9,275 of 9,829
Incidentally in a thread over at headphones.com a member who has multiple Andros made the following comparison with Focal headphones.

Unfortunately he doesn't have or compare with the 2020 which to my ears is the closest to the MW10 of all of them. My gut and impressions of others suggest to me that the MW10 is the 2020 with improved technicalities as well as more sub-bass and top end sparkle.

Thanks for sharing that man :) although I haven’t heard any focal headphones so I don’t really understand the references unfortunately lol.

I’m definitely keen to try out a 2020 in the near future. I’ve set my sights on trying the earlier models first, seeing as they can be picked up a fair bit cheaper on the used market.

Dec 24, 2020 at 11:57 AM Post #9,276 of 9,829
Thanks for sharing that man :) although I haven’t heard any focal headphones so I don’t really understand the references unfortunately lol.

I’m definitely keen to try out a 2020 in the near future. I’ve set my sights on trying the earlier models first, seeing as they can be picked up a fair bit cheaper on the used market.

Having listened to all the tunings (you can read my impressions if you search in this thread, I did a side by side comparison), I would say just stick with the MW10. Probably the best tuning, and ppl who have heard all of them such as @ExpatinJapan @audio123 and @KuroKitsu might agree :)

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2020 at 12:19 PM Post #9,279 of 9,829
If anyone is looking for a fantastic condition mw10 I'll be posting mine up soon ... only selling because iems seem to trigger my tinitus. Meanwhile I don't get these triggers with headphones, even with the utopia who some describe as having piercing highs /shrug

Dec 24, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #9,280 of 9,829
If anyone is looking for a fantastic condition mw10 I'll be posting mine up soon ... only selling because iems seem to trigger my tinitus. Meanwhile I don't get these triggers with headphones, even with the utopia who some describe as having piercing highs /shrug
I'm guessing they will sell quite fast... I may potentially be interested myself. I'll keep an eye out.

Dec 24, 2020 at 2:01 PM Post #9,281 of 9,829
AG and MW10 are the 2 imposters in an Andromeda only game of Among Us

Dec 24, 2020 at 2:05 PM Post #9,282 of 9,829
AG and MW10 are the 2 imposters in an Andromeda only game of Among Us

Gah...that game...half the kids my school are obsessed with it. I think the AG is the only real impostor...if anything the MW10 is the Andro 2020 after hitting the gym and eating right for a few weeks then splurging on a makeover and mint outfit. In many ways the MW10 feels like the spiritual sibling to my SE Solaris.

Dec 24, 2020 at 4:09 PM Post #9,283 of 9,829
Christmas came a day early-- I received the Canadian VE tour package and also a Leonidas for my MW10. Canada Post exceeded expectations for me today.

98F17A90-E0FA-4343-82EE-33D8CDF3F210.JPEG

Dec 24, 2020 at 5:10 PM Post #9,284 of 9,829
That’s really funny coincidence.
Because I do have Andro Golds and Focal Clears. Love them both :wink:))

Dec 24, 2020 at 5:28 PM Post #9,285 of 9,829
Having listened to all the tunings (you can read my impressions if you search in this thread, I did a side by side comparison), I would say just stick with the MW10. Probably the best tuning, and ppl who have heard all of them such as @ExpatinJapan @audio123 and @KuroKitsu might agree :)
I went back and read your impressions. They were excellent, thanks for sharing them :)

I’m still curious to hear the other models though. I guess it’s just part of the fun for me in this hobby. I like to hear them for myself and play around with sources/cables etc.

I’ve got a v1 on the way and I re-bought another Andro S. Now I’m on the hunt for a gold :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back