Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Dec 12, 2020 at 9:04 PM Post #9,181 of 9,829
Thanks! Just used a third party “buyer/shipping company” to get something from taobao for me so I’ll look into this.

I was seriously considering it before I could get my CC to work. I did some research and the company seems reliable with the main caveat being that sometimes shipping costs were high...but this is a given. Beyond that it seems like a good "better than nothing" option if you really want a piece of gear.

Dec 13, 2020 at 1:07 PM Post #9,183 of 9,829
Dec 13, 2020 at 1:08 PM Post #9,184 of 9,829
Man I can't wait. I don't want to rush my friend or anything but I'm really hoping he drops it off at DHL ASAP :)

Dec 13, 2020 at 1:12 PM Post #9,185 of 9,829
Been wanting to buy another Andromeda after selling my Andro version 3 a few months back. Undecided yet whether to search for MW10 or Andro2020

i bought the Andro 2020 a few months ago. It’s the most expensive audio purchase I’ve made to date. The reviews I read before buying were very positive...I only wish I’d heard other Andromeda’s so I could lend a comparison. It’s definitely a lot different than other IEM’s I own (which was kind of the point of buying) but I’m used to bass heavy signatures.

Dec 13, 2020 at 1:13 PM Post #9,186 of 9,829
Well, it’s been almost 6 months to the day since I sold my Andromeda S, and 3 months since I’ve had a Campfire IEM in my possession which is like an eternity in this hobby for me haha... So I was very excited when the postman delivered this little care package this morning

B9CD14AD-773F-447D-8F99-D9E68AB291A3.jpegBD0E4AF6-EF78-4E82-B8B9-A421AA03AFD8.jpeg
I really enjoyed the Andromeda S’ detailed and clear mids, famous sparkly treble and enormous soundstage. However, I felt that the bass was too boxy and had that typical BA feel, which ultimately became a dealbreaker for me.

But I’ve been lurking this thread and seeing all the talk about the MW10 being the best sounding Andromeda to date, so I had to give them a shot to see if this model could win me over.

And the short answer is - yes! These sound amazing! Campfire have really knocked this one out of the park. The detail retrieval, mids, treble, and bass are all excellent. A massive improvement over the S to my ears.

These are fantastic IEM’s. Nicely done Campfire :D

Will gather my thoughts over the coming week to share some better impressions, and maybe do some comparisons with my other gear if anyone’s interested :)

I’m kind of blown away by how these look. Where did you buy them from?

Dec 13, 2020 at 5:42 PM Post #9,187 of 9,829
I’m kind of blown away by how these look. Where did you buy them from?

They were a special only for Campfire's Japanese distributor, Mixwave.

A few of them have trickled across the ponds to the US and UK as a result of being resold, but that's pretty secondhand is pretty much the only way to get them.

Congrats to @Rockwell75 for landing a well-deserved unicorn!

Personally speaking, from being able try the OG, to the S, to the 2020, I'm very happy with my Golds. A chance to get/trade for the MW10s would be the only thing that would really convince me to let go of them (outside of perhaps, getting to trade a ZMF for them).

They also work as a great alternative to the MESTs, which I ended up letting my OG Solaris for.

Dec 13, 2020 at 5:45 PM Post #9,188 of 9,829
They were a special only for Campfire's Japanese distributor, Mixwave.

A few of them have trickled across the ponds to the US and UK as a result of being resold, but that's pretty secondhand is pretty much the only way to get them.

Congrats to @Rockwell75 for landing a well-deserved unicorn!

Personally speaking, from being able try the OG, to the S, to the 2020, I'm very happy with my Golds. A chance to get/trade for the MW10s would be the only thing that would really convince me to let go of them (outside of perhaps, getting to trade a ZMF for them).

They also work as a great alternative to the MESTs, which I ended up letting my OG Solaris for.

Thanks if they look half as good in person as the 2020 did then they will likely take the crown for the most beautiful IEMs I've ever seen/owned. Blue is my favourite color and gold is my favourite color to pair it with.

Edit: They'll be a great partner for my Solaris too.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2020 at 5:47 PM Post #9,189 of 9,829
Am enjoying the new Andro Golds very much on the DX max single ended, can hardly catch sleep, caught in the music :robot:
Waiting for Black Friday and see if I will order some Balanced cables cheap for the DX max and my freshly ordered Qudelix-5k
Just wanted to share some impressions for my current setup Ibasso dx220 max using ifi iematch balanced impedance adapter and Andro Golds.
Hiss wasn't strong before but is now reduced to almost zero. Dynamics increased and any harshness completely removed.
This combo is for my taste even besting my top Full Size Cans Denon Ah D9200 in terms of even frequency response in the mids, soundstage and live feeling.
Only downside if you want: it is eating amplifier power.
Before without Ifi adapter I have been listening on Mid Gain, never turning up over 8 o'clock. Now I am on high gain at 10 o'clock.
Last remark: with the newly arrived Spiral Dots I am having best wearing comfort and still best frequency recognition from lows to highs

Attachments

• DCE1C264-0286-4C78-A9DE-CE2BEDED1FB2.jpeg
    DCE1C264-0286-4C78-A9DE-CE2BEDED1FB2.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 13, 2020 at 5:53 PM Post #9,190 of 9,829
Hurrah! IEMatch is a necessity with basically any Campfire IEM with a source that doesn't have a black background.

Dec 13, 2020 at 6:08 PM Post #9,191 of 9,829
BA00F4BF-4E17-46D9-B3A6-66C6662B7356.jpeg9F5031FC-3EA3-476E-A7D5-F7B03403F861.jpeg3766B7B2-7C89-42A0-867D-BFF1024E3C01.jpeg

CA MW10 is the IEM i listen to most often.

and it certainly looks beautiful.

The cable is Superlitz which the OG Solaris has, a move away from the usual Litz the other CA IEMs use.
i tried the Superlitz on other CA IEMs and it was not as good a fit as the stock, same as MW10 -tried the usual litz and the CA choice of Superlitz was again correct.
(First pic is original cable, later cable is the 4.4mm version and i have cut out the memory wire).

The first pic i have seen online used by someone to sell their MW10. Boooo! Cheeky!!

Me:
from my cold dead hands...

F5A72F5A-E63F-4251-BFC4-137436E73DC3.jpeg

some nice dap pairings shown also.
iBasso DX220 amp8ex
DX220 Max - either output - both are great
Cayin N6ii with E02 module
-Using Spiral dots++

photos: iphone se. excuse the spam. *Raise the Rockwell excitement :)

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2020 at 9:35 PM Post #9,192 of 9,829
A few of them have trickled across the ponds to the US and UK as a result of being resold

And now Australia too :p

Listening to MW10 right now with my Lotoo Paw S1 and it's making me wonder whether I even need any other audio gear. I haven't listened to any of my other IEM's for a while as I can't get enough of these.

Dec 13, 2020 at 10:16 PM Post #9,193 of 9,829
And now Australia too :p

Listening to MW10 right now with my Lotoo Paw S1 and it's making me wonder whether I even need any other audio gear. I haven't listened to any of my other IEM's for a while as I can't get enough of these.

Psh, stop making me even more jealous of the land down under.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back