Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Feb 14, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #8,686 of 9,829
I see that I have pleased the gods through my sacrifice (of both my wallet and my blood/sweat/tears through tedious A/B/C/D/E/F testing).
To what do I owe this great honor, oh Lord @Currawong !?!? :o2smile:

1581712304707.png

Feb 15, 2020 at 8:24 PM Post #8,688 of 9,829
Anyone? What about if that search is extended to open-backs? @KB ?

I haven’t had my ZMF Verite Closed long enough to do a real comparison. That said, I own them and the Golds. I like a warmish, musical approach with some bass. Boththe gold and VCs fit that description well for my tastes.

Feb 16, 2020 at 3:33 AM Post #8,690 of 9,829
Hey guys

I have Massdrop plus iem and i don't like them at all and i have my favorite full-size headphone LCD-X and i wanna buy high end iem , Andromeda's got my attention but I can't audition them so if anyone have the two and can compare them in terms of SQ that'll be great : ).

Feb 16, 2020 at 6:48 PM Post #8,691 of 9,829
Has anyone tried the ALO Pure Silver Litz cable with the Andromeda SE Gold's? I bought this cables on the holiday sale and swear the high frequencies are more pronounced.

I've tried it on my greens. First time I've ever heard a pronounced change with a cable swap. Changed them out for Forza audioworks copper cable as soon as I could. Did not like the silver cable at all.

Feb 16, 2020 at 7:01 PM Post #8,692 of 9,829
Has anyone tried the ALO Pure Silver Litz cable with the Andromeda SE Gold's? I bought this cables on the holiday sale and swear the high frequencies are more pronounced.
I didn't try them on the Andromeda SE Gold but did test the on Andromeda White and didn't care for the sound. Highs were too harsh for me on the WM1Z.

I did try the DHC Clone Silver on the Andromeda SE Gold on the WM1Z and again didn't care for the sound as it made them too bright. But this cable sounds great with the Solaris SE on the WM1Z.

Feb 17, 2020 at 2:03 AM Post #8,693 of 9,829
I've tried it on my greens. First time I've ever heard a pronounced change with a cable swap. Changed them out for Forza audioworks copper cable as soon as I could. Did not like the silver cable at all.

Any opinion of Forza Audioworks balanced cables for Andromeda green v2? I'm using a copper one from Linsoul and although I'm very satisfied with the sound, it is true that I find it too thick. Thank you!

Feb 17, 2020 at 10:31 AM Post #8,694 of 9,829
Any opinion of Forza Audioworks balanced cables for Andromeda green v2? I'm using a copper one from Linsoul and although I'm very satisfied with the sound, it is true that I find it too thick. Thank you!

It's made well and is a pliable, mobile friendly cable. Not stiff at all compared to some other aftermarket cables. Not quite as ergo friendly as the stock smoky litz cable that came with my Andros.

Feb 19, 2020 at 3:03 PM Post #8,696 of 9,829
Hi All,

I have a pair of Andromeda Gold SEs and had a recent mishap. I'm using a DX160 via 4.4 balanced and had a short blast of music at full volume. Would say it was about 2 seconds or so. Is it likely that this would damage the drivers? I don't "think" it did any damage but I can convince myself that I hear some distortion at certain frequencies, but that could just be in the recording. I ran a few sweeps and didn't hear any issues.

Is it obvious when a BA driver is damaged? If so, what does a damaged BA sound like? Would the damage be obvious in a frequency sweep?

Would sending them to Campfire for a check up be recommended?

Thanks!

Feb 22, 2020 at 2:25 AM Post #8,697 of 9,829
Hey guys, I'm avoiding getting the 9038s as per the information that it's not intended for sensitive iems, but can't decide which dongle to go for instead to pair with my green Andromedas. I have the Ref 8 balanced cable also, so would the DC01 be my only option considering I need 2.5mm and low impedance?

Thanks.

Mar 13, 2020 at 1:48 PM Post #8,699 of 9,829
Man I was really hoping for news about new Andromeda's by now. I was in Japan when the MW10's came out and wanted a pair but the price was way to high. Ken hinted he may release a version outside Japan with the same specs but its been crickets since then. This sucks, anyone hear anything else about this?

Mar 13, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #8,700 of 9,829
I haven't posted in this thread for a while, but I now use the A&Ultima SP2000 in SE for the Andromeda. IMO, I would go with the SE for this DAP since the SE OI is around 1.5 ohms hits the perfect balance between bass, mids and treble to my ears. To me, the 1 ohm balanced would tilt towards bassy side which IMO is way up north of neutral. I was using Mojo with <1 ohm before, but the bass can become a bit loose on some tracks while the SP2000 on SE remained tight, fast and incredibly punchy/deep. Oh, not only it has zero hiss with Andromeda, it also has plenty of power even in SE enough to blow your ears out with 3V RMS output

11200945.jpg

View attachment 3J3A3735.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back