Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Dec 17, 2019 at 10:09 PM Post #8,521 of 9,829
I am wondering why nobody has complained about the strange name „2019 / Q4“ so far? Why on earth???:k701smile:

Obviously because they’ll be releasing a new Andromeda every quarter from now on :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Dec 17, 2019 at 10:13 PM Post #8,522 of 9,829
Obviously because they’ll be releasing a new Andromeda every quarter from now on :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:wink: Q1/2020 inccccc (slight cosmetic change + uh..one more driver).

On a side note, the ZX300 + Andro OG has unusually good synergy. It's almost as if they designed the OG using the ZX300 as source...

(1A good too, but ZX300 has that something special).

Dec 17, 2019 at 10:40 PM Post #8,523 of 9,829
:wink: Q1/2020 inccccc (slight cosmetic change + uh..one more driver).

On a side note, the ZX300 + Andro OG has unusually good synergy. It's almost as if they designed the OG using the ZX300 as source...

(1A good too, but ZX300 has that something special).
I know Ken has the ZX300 and WM1Z and the Kann Cube. I would almost be certain he has a lot of the other top players for testing.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2019 at 11:11 PM Post #8,524 of 9,829
Seeing as we are waiting for consumers (and some show listeners reports to filter in) i collected a few impressions from Japanese users on Twitter to balance and expand on opinions already offered:

9AEB149A-FBFE-47BF-8088-04BDE2BA2C25.jpeg

Show report judging by the posted date.

AD5D71D4-84C2-4691-8854-E53C8A9BD07E.jpeg

Today they begun to be sold.
Pre orders and first in first served i guess.

shops have only been open for two and half or so hours in Japan.
Search Twitter for ‘MW10’ and ‘C/2019 Q4’ for buyers comments over the next week.

A27E7C9D-0162-44F1-B290-3CCE699721D0.jpeg

Show impressions from last weekend judging by the photos. (I did not go due to a busy family weekend).

C51D14C8-F887-45AB-B925-CC940494C8B3.jpeg A4DC0350-9D75-4319-9FD8-C0618EDD3361.jpeg 4A59A99D-75EF-4669-90CF-AFF42C4EDF39.jpeg

Japan only release...So Head-fi reports/impressions might be limited.

but we are enthusiasts who like to read whatever we can...

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2019 at 11:20 PM Post #8,525 of 9,829
Thanks a lot! Seems like it keeps and expands on core characteristics of the Andro - super wide soundstage, good separation/layering + high treble extension (without fatigue).

Dec 17, 2019 at 11:29 PM Post #8,526 of 9,829
The cable plays a part, but a small part. (I am listening to Andromeda V3 with a Superlitz Cable now).

its largely the Ceramic TAEC and the special tuning.

resulting in a more full, dynamic sound.

and you say retaining the traditional Andro OG good points.

Dec 18, 2019 at 5:15 AM Post #8,528 of 9,829
So I found them in Osaka at the e-earphones denden town store. Umeda didn’t have them.

Been listening for about an hour and I am very impressed. These are the best andros yet for sure. I’ve had green and golds and these have the best sound stage and signature by far. Very easy listening no super bass like the golds. In fact I think they are quite close to my Solaris. I am very impressed and the temptation is there but $1700 is way to rich for my blood for a limited andro. I walked to the used section of the store and I can get a normal green andro AND a S for the same price.

I also want to mention that on this trip I didn’t bring any hifi with me, so my dap is back in the states. I was able to test with a iPhone 11 pro + Apple dongle and a macbook 12”. Using the IPhone was actually amazing, zero hiss, these have to be the best sound I’ve ever had out of an iPhone pairing. Stunned really, and I wish I could hear them on the 4.4 on my dap it must be insane. The macbook 12” had some slight hiss that you couldn’t notice after the music started. It did not sound as good as with the iPhone.

I really want a pair so take note Ken you have a buyer for sure. But I have no idea how much of the pricing is the “limited” branding partnership and 500 run. I don’t need any of that. I want my headphones for the sound the put out not how pretty they look, what exotic gold you used, or how limited they are. Gold screws or silver screws don’t change the sound signature and I know I am paying so sort of premium on those screws. Make a normal one Ken and I’ll be your first pre-order.

Attachments

• 6A8219D0-1D22-44A8-A6CE-6E10D660CA69.jpeg
    6A8219D0-1D22-44A8-A6CE-6E10D660CA69.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 18, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #8,532 of 9,829
So I found them in Osaka at the e-earphones denden town store. Umeda didn’t have them.

Been listening for about an hour and I am very impressed. These are the best andros yet for sure. I’ve had green and golds and these have the best sound stage and signature by far. Very easy listening no super bass like the golds. In fact I think they are quite close to my Solaris. I am very impressed and the temptation is there but $1700 is way to rich for my blood for a limited andro. I walked to the used section of the store and I can get a normal green andro AND a S for the same price. Or a tia fourte and still have $500 to spare.

I also want to mention that on this trip I didn’t bring any hifi with me, so my dap is back in the states. I was able to test with a iPhone 11 pro + Apple dongle and a macbook 12”. Using the IPhone was actually amazing, zero hiss, these have to be the best sound I’ve ever had out of an iPhone pairing. Stunned really, and I wish I could hear them on the 4.4 on my dap it must be insane. The macbook 12” had some slight hiss that you couldn’t notice after the music started. It did not sound as good as with the iPhone.

I really want a pair so take note Ken you have a buyer for sure. But I have no idea how much of the pricing is the “limited” branding partnership and 500 run. I don’t need any of that. I want my headphones for the sound the put out not how pretty they look, what exotic gold you used, or how limited they are. Gold screws or silver screws don’t change the sound signature and I know I am paying so sort of premium on those screws. Make a normal one Ken and I’ll be your first pre-order.

$1,200 for a used Tia Fourte? Really?

Dec 18, 2019 at 9:33 AM Post #8,533 of 9,829
$1,200 for a used Tia Fourte? Really?

I could swear there was a pair right in front of my face at the store when I posted that. I went to their site to find them to link for you but they are not there and all cost more for the pairs they have. Maybe I glanced at the wrong model, I was doing the post in store. Ill edit the original post because yeah that seems crazy. They do often sell damaged or sets missing parts and all that but its probably more a case I wasn't paying attention.

Dec 18, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #8,534 of 9,829

Been listening for about an hour and I am very impressed. These are the best andros yet for sure. I’ve had green and golds and these have the best sound stage and signature by far. Very easy listening no super bass like the golds. In fact I think they are quite close to my Solaris. I am very impressed and the temptation is there but $1700 is way to rich for my blood for a limited andro. I walked to the used section of the store and I can get a normal green andro AND a S for the same price.
I really love that blue color and I'm sure they sound great but, like you, I can't spend more than $1,500 for these. I already have the original Andro and the Vega (which cost me about $1,500 but for both).
It's a shame, why Campfire Audio? :frowning2:

Dec 18, 2019 at 11:36 PM Post #8,535 of 9,829

Thanks for the impressions.

Let's make them available in NA!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back