1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova

First

Back
557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566
568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577
Next

Last
  1. Darksoul108
    Thanks, it's been very helpful.

I'm using an Onkyo DPX 1A. Probably one of the lesser used daps by most folks. Had always had a preference for a wide range of music but gravitate towards vocals. Example of other genres that I listen would include singers like Sarah Brightman, Andrea Bocelli, to R&B and jazz.

Listening preference I prefer something more revealing, tight bass and a wide soundstage.

You are right that I would still be buying blind and that it’s easily resold. The notion that the MW10 might follow a neutral tuning similar to the c/2019 q4 is probably a good guess in the right direction. I have friends in Japan, hence will be asking them to help me with the purchase as he comes back into where I am located regularly so no issues on that.

Will go ahead and hope that stocks are available.

Thanks very much and once again your response has been very helpful!

ExpatinJapan likes this.
  2. ExpatinJapan
    Glad i could help (even though i think i was not fully explaining well enough).
    But i think the basic information is there.

i put the Mixwave article through a translation so that may help you too
    https://www.headpie.net/2019/12/blog-post.html?m=1

i dont know how many units of each are going to be on offer 500-700 at a guess. Like the Solaris SE.

if its a Japan release it might be pre order bookings - and not first come first served on the day. So be mindful/careful of that.

3. Darksoul108
    Thanks, I believe its 500 units and will be asking my friend to pre-order, not sure if will get allocated though.

ExpatinJapan likes this.
  4. ExpatinJapan
    Good luck my friend

5. ranfan
    Pre-ordered the Q4, and now waiting until release next Wednesday :) I was looking for IEM that can portray clear natural mids during Portafes, and found C 2019 / Q4 to be my favourite. The flatter (less bass) tuning brings the best of the midrange, rendering it beautifully. I like how clean the Q4 sounds. The Andromeda (blue) was also good if you like more bass, but I like the Q4 better. I could hear the blue Andromeda also sounding more balanced/neutral slightly compared to the emerald green model. The vocals sounded denser and more centered a bit.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    ExpatinJapan likes this.
  6. frapp2latte
    Which store / website did you preorder from? :slight_smile:

7. KB Contributor
    Just wrapped up eEarphone show here in Tokyo, celebrating our 10 year anniversary with our super awesome Japanese distributor Mixwave, great show as always.

Ken

5CD2B094-99A0-4002-B017-F8B51CC1A7D0.jpeg

ALO Audio Stay updated on ALO Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.aloaudio.com/
    audio123, Currawong, Aslshark and 4 others like this.
  8. Darksoul108
    Ken, keen to purchase the MW10. Can help?

Colors likes this.
  9. KB Contributor
    hey Darksoul,

I am not sure we pre sold them all to Mixwave and they in turn distributed them all through their network in Japan. We are not selling any of them directly to end users. I have over the years become very close to the management at Mixwave so we wanted to do something special with Mixwave to celebrate our very close relationship over the years. I apologize for not making this model available globally. The tuning of the MW10 is my favorite tuning, ultra dynamic, so will consider it for a permanent version possibly... stay tuned.

Thank you,

KB

ALO Audio Stay updated on ALO Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.aloaudio.com/
    audio123, ranfan and ExpatinJapan like this.
  10. Darksoul108
    Thanks Ken, from a business perspective I understand and applaud that. Am trying to get my sources in Japan to order and crossing finger that I can get hold of it. On behalf of the other global fans, I’m sure there will be plenty that will be keen when you have a permanent version out.

:)

11. BeerNuts
    Wow ive been in and out of both e-earphones in Osaka recently and I saw nothing about a new limited Andro coming out. Not even pre-order signs or anything, this is kinda out of the blue. Maybe they won't carry them. Also holy heck at that $1700 usd price tag for the MW10.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    ExpatinJapan likes this.
  12. Darksoul108
    On the websites and a whopping 185k JPY Yen price tag. :scream:

13. BeerNuts
    wow you're right haha, didn't check the website ive just been in and out the stores. Leaving in a week so I could have that sweet tax free but my god $300 more than brand new Solaris.

14. ExpatinJapan
    :)

But fair enough the release date was just announced this week
    https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cam...romeda-and-nova.805107/page-566#post-15359735

15. BeerNuts
    ah 2 days ago! yeah that would do it, ive been doing some other stuff in town. I also did not know there was a headphone show in Tokyo I was missing! I would have caught a train if I knew.

I wonder if I can get a listen to them in store, gonna have to try and work that out.

First

Back
557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566
568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577
Next

Last