Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jun 18, 2019 at 1:09 AM Post #7,036 of 9,829
I wouldn't call the SXC 8 brighter. When I hear brighter, I think more pronounced highs. The SXC 8 is more revealing with additional details that make the soundstage more 3D without introducing any high end harshness.

Thank you again for this reply and sorry if I ask again: the SXC 8 is compared to the Ref-8 "more revealing with additional details" – meaning that the cable is not warmer or brighter than the Ref-8, but just that it reveals more the treble, mids and bass… can you confirm that? And if it has more revealing treble, under this aspect it would be brighter than the Ref-8, right?
Sorry if I ask so, but I must be sure of the cable because I could not change it just so if I don't would like it. – and sorry for my english :wink:.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #7,037 of 9,829
Thank you again for this reply and sorry if I ask again: the SXC 8 is compared to the Ref-8 "more revealing with additional details" – meaning that the cable is not warmer or brighter than the Ref-8, but just that it reveals more the treble, mids and bass… can you confirm that? And if it has more revealing treble, under this aspect it would be brighter than the Ref-8, right?
Sorry if I ask so, but I must be sure of the cable because I could not change it just so if I don't would like it. – and sorry for my english :wink:.
Your understanding is correct.

Jun 18, 2019 at 10:30 AM Post #7,039 of 9,829
2nd time after wearing these for longer than usual sessions at the the office moisture got in them and distorted the sound on one side. They dried out in a few hours but now I am going to be paranoid. Thinking of moving to the Sony M9's. Seeing they are a darker more bassy version of Andros. How much darker? I really like the sparkle of the Andro's. Anything else anyone would recommend. I would like something with a bit more thump if I switch.

Jun 18, 2019 at 7:13 PM Post #7,040 of 9,829
Hi all, i just pulled a trigger on the andromeda. Im just curious if this can be drive with es100? I mainly wanna use it with bluetooth at office.

I will do with other amps too if i need it.

Jun 19, 2019 at 12:46 AM Post #7,041 of 9,829
Hi all, i just pulled a trigger on the andromeda. Im just curious if this can be drive with es100? I mainly wanna use it with bluetooth at office.

I will do with other amps too if i need it.

The Andromeda is very easy to drive, and the output impedance in the ES100 is low (0.5-1 ohm reported), so that should be fine, and has plenty of power for this purpose. I do find my andromeda S to sound a bit better with better amps but the difference isn’t has huge as for some of my headphones.

Jun 19, 2019 at 10:50 AM Post #7,043 of 9,829
The Andromeda is very easy to drive, and the output impedance in the ES100 is low (0.5-1 ohm reported), so that should be fine, and has plenty of power for this purpose. I do find my andromeda S to sound a bit better with better amps but the difference isn’t has huge as for some of my headphones.

I used the es100 with my andromeda as well, sounds really good. an upgrade over just using the iphone dongle for sure

Yesss! Cant wait

Jun 19, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #7,045 of 9,829
New Andro user. Was researching sources to pair these with. Sony ZX2 and ZX300 seem to be the overwhelming favourites. Anything else I should be looking into?
I can definitely say the ZX300 (balanced) is a great pairing, virtually no hiss and great balanced open sound.
If you want a little more low end then I can say the DX220 works well, especially with the Amp8 (what I replaced my ZX300 with).

Jun 19, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #7,046 of 9,829
New Andro user. Was researching sources to pair these with. Sony ZX2 and ZX300 seem to be the overwhelming favourites. Anything else I should be looking into?
A&K SP1000M gold is so damn good with Andromeda

Jun 19, 2019 at 6:14 PM Post #7,049 of 9,829
Has anyone here tried the Andromedas with the ibasso DX220?
I use it with my Andromeda S and it is a really nice match if you like the sound with low output impedance source, no hiss that I can hear at all.
With the Amp8 you get back a lot of the air that's usually found with output impedance above 1 ohm but keep the sub bass, it's the best I've heard the Andromeda S.

For reference I used to own a ZX300 and have an RME ADI-2 DAC.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2019 at 6:48 PM Post #7,050 of 9,829
I use it with my Andromeda S and it is a really nice match if you like the sound with low output impedance source, no hiss that I can hear at all.
With the Amp8 you get back a lot of the air that's usually found with output impedance above 1 ohm but keep the sub bass, it's the best I've heard the Andromeda S.

For reference I used to own a ZX300 and have an RME ADI-2 DAC.

Thank you! I’m getting my DX220 on Friday and can’t wait to hear it with the Andromedas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back