Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jan 12, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #6,571 of 9,829
omg, I didn't think my ex1000 was that good. Maybe i should cancel selling my ex1000 to fund for an Andromeda and be happy with what I have now.:ksc75smile:
There is a popular modification to ex1000 by removing stock filter from nozzle. My impressions were based on that. In fact I haven't heard original version ever, bought already modified one.
It should improve clarity and dynamics from what I have heard. Try google it, might be that it has already been described in this thread.

BTW. sold my Andromeda to buy second pair of EX in case they stop manufacture them

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2019 at 8:04 PM Post #6,572 of 9,829
You rating Fiio FH5 higher than Andro ,Atlas,SE846 tells me all i need to know.

Glad to hear I can help! The three biggest issues are the fit ( rough edges), the hiss ( that is typical of several CA IEM's) and most importantly to me is the lack of sub-bass on the Andro. I listen to a lot of EDM etc. where bass can extend very low, and on the Andro it wasnt audible. Gosh even the $150 DMG easily played the deep bass extension ( including the Fiio FA7) without issue. No doubt other genres will suit the Andromeda, but don't be so short sighted on 1 IEM when again there are plenty others out there that are even better.

Jan 13, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #6,573 of 9,829
Sitting here listening to my Andromeda S with the Ibasso DX200Ti/Amp8 and the bass is plentiful with a real texture and slam when called for. The fit is great and zero hiss !! If I want crazy bass, I just change over to the Vega lol
Some people do have issues with the fit but this is true of a lot of iems. I have Ibasso’s IT01/03 and the Andromeda fit me better and that was unexpected especially with the IT01 as it has no sharp angular edges.
The Andromeda is an extremely well engineered iem.

Jan 14, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #6,574 of 9,829
The Andromeda’s are designed to be worn with the cable over the ear, correct? I always found this a bit uncomfortable and with the right tips don’t have issues with fit or comfort or IEM movement with the cable down.

Is it possible to wear these with a cable down? Does it require another cable or does the physical design of the Andromeda’s prevent people from wearing cable down?

Jan 14, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #6,575 of 9,829
Is it possible to wear these with a cable down? Does it require another cable or does the physical design of the Andromeda’s prevent people from wearing cable down?

You can absolutely wear the Andros cable down. Just swap the left and right housings so the cable attachment points downward and attach the left cable to right shell, etc., so the channels don't get reversed. The nozzle angle is slightly awkward in the ear canal this way, but it was comfortable enough and gave me no issues. I much prefer wearing my iems cable down.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #6,576 of 9,829
I just sold my full setup, He6 and the big Denon 70W amplifier for a setup with the Andromeda.

Well, i don't have the feeling i'm loosing much Between a He-6 at its full potential and the Andro, i did'nt quite expect that i have to say.

The bass is obiously less textured but the highs are more detailled on the Andro, and the intimate sound of the iems give me more a immediate pleasure.

I wish i could compare them with the Oriolus.

Jan 14, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #6,577 of 9,829
I just sold my full setup, He6 and the big Denon 70W amplifier for a setup with the Andromeda.

Well, i don't have the feeling i'm loosing much Between a He-6 at its full potential and the Andro, i did'nt quite expect that i have to say.

The bass is obiously less textured but the highs are more detailled on the Andro, and the intimate sound of the iems give me more a immediate pleasure.

I did the same. Sold my LCD2/Burson Soloist and only have the Andro S/FiiO Q5. Don’t miss the LCD2 at all. I had second thoughts when I only had the Jupiter, before the Andro showed up but after the first listen with them, I was over that.

Jan 14, 2019 at 4:51 PM Post #6,578 of 9,829

You certainly were not using the HE-6 at its full potential, then. As good as the Andro are, they don't come close to the realness of the HE-6, once modded.

Jan 16, 2019 at 5:54 AM Post #6,582 of 9,829
You can absolutely wear the Andros cable down. Just swap the left and right housings so the cable attachment points downward and attach the left cable to right shell, etc., so the channels don't get reversed. The nozzle angle is slightly awkward in the ear canal this way, but it was comfortable enough and gave me no issues. I much prefer wearing my iems cable down.

I just tried wearing the Andromeda cable down, and it is a perfect fit for me! It doesn't look awkward at all.

Why have I not thought of wearing this way before? This is a game-changer. Thanks!

Jan 16, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #6,584 of 9,829
Just in case somebody else is wondering about Anromeda's versions I've tried to make a simple picture example from info I've found on the internet, hope it helps :)
Does anybody know if there was supposed to be any intentional change in the tuning going from version 1->1.5->2.0?

(I'm not talking about the change in tuning with the S version - just the regular v 1.0, 1.5 and 2.0.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back