Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jan 17, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #6,601 of 9,829
I did notice a negative difference with Mojo. Took it from dark to too dark. I love my Mojo but not with my Andro S.
Interesting. I would have expected the IEMatch to brighten the Mojo + Andro combination. I agree that the Mojo makes the Andromeda sound very dark (has to be that near zero output impedance of the Mojo).

Andro S with ifi nano idsd black label directly out of iematch works really well.
I thought it was a bit too bright and thin. To me it sounded like the IEMatch output was closer to the Ultra setting than the High.

I take it the andro works well with idsd micro black label? Any inbalance on low volume with andro?
For me the micro with IEMatch on High was quite a bit better than either outputs of the nano. There is some imbalance at very low volume, but I think if you use it with IEMatch set to High, then the volume is reduced enough that you can get sufficiently low volume without getting into the imbalanced band. On Ultra there's even less of a problem but the sound isn't as good in my opinion. I do like my music pretty loud though, so my understanding of what low volume means might not match yours.

Jan 17, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #6,602 of 9,829
Thank you @candlejack I need to find me a Micro black label.

Jan 17, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #6,603 of 9,829
After reading page after page on here and checking tracking 20x a day over the last week, my Andromeda S will arrive today finally! I'm so excited and feel like I'll have everything I need. Andromeda S and Rhapsodio Solar on my WM1A for more critical/relaxed listening, ZX300 and DUNU DK3001 for crazy bass fun when I'm at the gym/hiking/snowboarding/anything I don't want to risk my higher end stuff with.. and my Eikons for listening at the desk! 21 year old me would have crap their pants if they knew I'd ever have such nice audio equipment.

Jan 17, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #6,604 of 9,829
Andro S with ifi nano idsd black label directly out of iematch works really well.

I thought it was a bit too bright and thin. To me it sounded like the IEMatch output was closer to the Ultra setting than the High.

If I'm not mistaken l, the IEMatch port on the Nano has a 4 Ohm output impedance. I was very interested in that DAC/amp, but that was an absolute dealbreaker considering I'd be using it with my Andromeda S.

Jan 17, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #6,605 of 9,829
With andro or andro s does anyone notice a difference between iematch on high and the earbuddy? In theory they should be the same. 2.5 ohm vs. 2.7 ohm.

Jan 17, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #6,606 of 9,829
20190117_092758.jpg let the tip rolling commence! Gathered so many sets over time

Jan 17, 2019 at 1:19 PM Post #6,607 of 9,829
let the tip rolling commence! Gathered so many sets over time
The Andromeda S are pretty fantastic. Enjoy the honeymoon, domnule Cojocaru. :)

Jan 18, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #6,609 of 9,829
My Spiral Dots and Symbio Ws showed up today. Spiral Dot ML is now by far my favourite tip with the Andro S. The Symbio M don’t fit well and don’t really seal so the bass is sucked right out, the L is too big and hurts a bit. I took the foams from the L and put them in a pair of Spiral Dots and those are ok but I prefer the SD as they are.

Jan 18, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #6,610 of 9,829
My Spiral Dots and Symbio Ws showed up today. Spiral Dot ML is now by far my favourite tip with the Andro S. The Symbio M don’t fit well and don’t really seal so the bass is sucked right out, the L is too big and hurts a bit. I took the foams from the L and put them in a pair of Spiral Dots and those are ok but I prefer the SD as they are.

I too have found the ML spiral dots to be the best for my Andro S.
From the tips that came in the box only the 4th biggest Final Audio tips got a good seal. I was happy with them but wasn't really getting the air that people praise the Andromeda's for. So I ordered the ML spiral dots hoping they would be around the same size as the Finals so I could get a good seal. They are and I was blown away by the sound - and still am!

Jan 18, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #6,611 of 9,829
I too have found the ML spiral dots to be the best for my Andro S.
From the tips that came in the box only the 4th biggest Final Audio tips got a good seal. I was happy with them but wasn't really getting the air that people praise the Andromeda's for. So I ordered the ML spiral dots hoping they would be around the same size as the Finals so I could get a good seal. They are and I was blown away by the sound - and still am!

Yeah, I was also using the 4th largest final and did not like them, after those I was using a double flange that was was for a set of PowerBeats and it was pretty good. Best I can tell for both the Jupiter and the Andro is they like wide bore with very little space between the end of the nozzle and the tip so there is very little between the nozzle and your ear. The Final's sit further away from the nozzle and are a smaller bore.

Jan 18, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #6,612 of 9,829

I also have the same problem with the symbios. The medium tips gives me the best seal for a while but eventually pops out of my ear a bit and eliminates the seal. Also gets painful after a while. The small tips on the other hand are too small so the bass sucks right out too. Did some modification however to get in between the small and medium tip size i want. I got the foams from the small tips and transferred them to the medium tips. That way there is a little gap for my inner ears to adjust on to the eartips. This works wonders for me. Im getting the exact bass i want and the right amount of highs too. Higher frequencies sounds more detailed compared to the stock marshmallow foams i used to use. Might want to try this out. Theyre pretty comfy too.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2019 at 7:01 PM Post #6,613 of 9,829
Picked up a new cable from a fellow Headfier and just giving it a try out with the Andro’s. It’s very similar to the SXC-8, slightly thinner, less microphonic and a different weave. Sound wise, can’t really hear any difference but will do some further A/B testing in the next few days.
What I will say is hats off to @majo123 for making an extremely most excellent product, I’m sitting here listening to my DX200Ti/Amp8/Vega and playing Goldfrapp Black Cherry 16/44. That Vega bass coming through Ibasso’s Amp 8 is something else. This is a bass with so much texture you can reach out and touch it.
I’ve also tried this cable with my Andromeda S with the same DAP/amp module and the sound is very similar to my Woo Audio WA2 with my Ibasso SR1.
The Andromeda S is with this set up is all I’m looking for, if I had to stick with this combo for the rest of my life, I’d be happy to do that.
I’m seriously impressed with this cable and will certainly be looking at his next cables and wouldn’t mind having similar cable from him in a single ended 3.5 for the Mojo.
3EE22711-63F0-44D9-A967-663B5F7E8EB8.png
8B1D512C-9AC8-45B8-AD61-362EDDFF4BC3.png
FCBA28D4-2A20-4309-9B9F-E8ABBB4C8395.png
8088487C-BF9B-407E-B5E0-51B7B2499087.png
34DAE733-5461-4227-AD47-EC26B7072D1A.png
On the left is the SXC-8, on the right is Majo’s :L3000:

Jan 18, 2019 at 8:47 PM Post #6,614 of 9,829
I also have the same problem with the symbios. The medium tips gives me the best seal for a while but eventually pops out of my ear a bit and eliminates the seal. Also gets painful after a while. The small tips on the other hand are too small so the bass sucks right out too. Did some modification however to get in between the small and medium tip size i want. I got the foams from the small tips and transferred them to the medium tips. That way there is a little gap for my inner ears to adjust on to the eartips. This works wonders for me. Im getting the exact bass i want and the right amount of highs too. Higher frequencies sounds more detailed compared to the stock marshmallow foams i used to use. Might want to try this out. Theyre pretty comfy too.

You sir are a genius. The medium foam in the large Symbio is perfect. Comfortable, great seal, and compared to the SD ML is just a bit brighter (in a good way).

Jan 18, 2019 at 8:59 PM Post #6,615 of 9,829
You sir are a genius. The medium foam in the large Symbio is perfect. Comfortable, great seal, and compared to the SD ML is just a bit brighter (in a good way).

Thanks! I just thought about it this morning and tried it. Might as well put them to good use then just letting them sit and be another useless purchase. Haha glad they worked for you too. Tried it the other way around too, medium foam to small silicone tip but it still didnt give me the right seal i wanted. And yes the higher frequencies sound a bit brighter compared to foam but in a really good and detailed way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back