Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Oct 25, 2018 at 8:14 PM Post #6,091 of 9,829
Stopped by Definitive Audio today, on the way back from an interview, because I wanted to share Andromeda-S with one of the employees. Last year, he "humored" me by listening to Vega, and then quickly apologized for looking down upon the product. He was so impressed that i wanted him to hear another product. Sadly, not there. But...

I got to listen to the Focal Utopia, Sony Z1R, and Audeze LCD-4 on both the Sony amplifier TA-ZH1ES and the McIntosh MHA150.

The Focal Utopia was seriously impressive. The imagine and textures amazing. Didn't care for the LCD-4, and downright disliked the Sony Z1R (even from its own amp). I really though that I'd want a set of cans one day, because they sounded so much better than my IEMs. That was until... I plugged Andromeda-S into the Sony amp (it had a 3.5mm jack). Holy crap! I've only been listening on my mobile equipment, but hadn't heard through anything truly high end. Andro-S blew them all out of the water. I get insane detail and imaging that easily competed with Utopia. It was a clear reminder that, for now, I'm at my end game for ears, but now need much better source hardware. These scale insanely well. Woohoo!

Oct 25, 2018 at 11:10 PM Post #6,092 of 9,829
Hello, i am kinda new to IEMs but is a long time home audio hobbyist.. i am thinking of buying either the Green Andro or the Andro S, and was wondering if there is anyone who prefers the Green over the S? I have tried the Green and found them to be the best IEMs that I have tried so far.. I will never be able to demo the S because no demo unit seems available anywhere in Southeast Asia..

The price difference between the two is around USD $200-300.. The S is more expensive down here in SE Asia.. Price difference is not the issue though.. I just don't want to buy the S yet end up preferring the Green..

Cheers Fellas!

I just looked bassaudio's website, yeah you are right, andro S is more expensive (2 million IDR, ~131 USD).
I got my Andro S from them. So far so good. Finally got a perfect ear tips, the sony triple comfort.

Oct 26, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #6,094 of 9,829
So the Solaris is up on the CA site now :ksc75smile:

As you mentioned the Solaris, thought I'd post this here - been lucky enough to get a review unit from Ken which arrived first thing this morning. As such, first knee jerk impressions of the Solaris are now up on Audio Primate after 6 solid hours with these things in my ears. This is way too short a time to make a proper assessment of an IEM, so treat these like show impressions and please don't read too much into any of this - Ken has also asked for these to be burned in for at least a week (and given some decent reasons for doing so, which I'll post up in the main review to avoid starting any discussions here!) - this is just my initial thoughts and a few nice pics.

TL:DR - I think these could be REALLY special. Time will tell!

https://audioprimate.blog/2018/10/26/campfire-audio-solaris-unboxing-and-initial-reaction/

Oct 26, 2018 at 4:41 PM Post #6,096 of 9,829
Should be interesting to see how the Andromeda stacks up to the Solaris, the lack of deep bass is probably one of my few complaints about the Andromeda but I love that treble

Oct 28, 2018 at 11:08 PM Post #6,099 of 9,829
As you mentioned the Solaris, thought I'd post this here - been lucky enough to get a review unit from Ken which arrived first thing this morning. As such, first knee jerk impressions of the Solaris are now up on Audio Primate after 6 solid hours with these things in my ears. This is way too short a time to make a proper assessment of an IEM, so treat these like show impressions and please don't read too much into any of this - Ken has also asked for these to be burned in for at least a week (and given some decent reasons for doing so, which I'll post up in the main review to avoid starting any discussions here!) - this is just my initial thoughts and a few nice pics.

TL:DR - I think these could be REALLY special. Time will tell!

https://audioprimate.blog/2018/10/26/campfire-audio-solaris-unboxing-and-initial-reaction/

wow. I was saving for Andro, then this Solaris come up..
what is your impressions compare to Polaris, since it is the Hybrid type. .?
and compare to Andro Green.

Oct 29, 2018 at 12:00 AM Post #6,100 of 9,829
wow. I was saving for Andro, then this Solaris come up..
what is your impressions compare to Polaris, since it is the Hybrid type. .?
and compare to Andro Green.

Not directed towards me but I see you have the Polaris on your sig. I'd rather not move to CA different lineup if I were you and just go straight to Solaris which is a direct upgrade from Polaris and Dorado.

Oct 29, 2018 at 12:13 AM Post #6,101 of 9,829
Not directed towards me but I see you have the Polaris on your sig. I'd rather not move to CA different lineup if I were you and just go straight to Solaris which is a direct upgrade from Polaris and Dorado.

I see.. Thank you for the info,
I was aiming for Andromeda because looking for more balance IEM as additional. I love the Andro sound signature
Still using my Polaris as my daily gear. Already talk to local re seller in my town, said that will be available mid December... probably just wait until then, if possible there will be demo unit for it..

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2018 at 5:28 AM Post #6,102 of 9,829
@foand ta - Polaris is one of the few CA models I've never heard, so can't comment there. I did habe the Dorado for a while, and the Solaris is a "level up" from that, with a very different signature.

Much more familiar with the Andro, and from memory, the Solaris adds body athickness to the lower end and midrange, while keeping some of the unique Andro flavour and air/sparkle up top. It's a more substantial sound, and feels more 3D. Layering and soundstage both appear to be top notch, although I haven't finished burning my Solaris in yet (Ken recommends 5+ days), so won't make a final comment there.

They are both different in approach, but I would personally lean towards the Solaris. Best bet is to wait for a demo model in December to check for yourself - it is a very impressive sounding in-ear.

Oct 29, 2018 at 12:47 PM Post #6,103 of 9,829
A couple of days into my time with the Andro S and I've gotta say-- I didn't think that things could get much better after I got the Jupiter, but here we are. While I don't think the Jupiter is without its place (I find it a little more comfortable across long listening sessions because it's not as...taxing on the brain?), that "sparkle" in the Andro's treble that people always rave about brings so much new life to a lot of my music. The cymbals and bells across tracks are a particular highlight and most songs feel a bit more "full bodied" in general.

Of course, now there's the Solaris, so who knows if the Andro will ultimately be my summit. But I'm very satisfied as of now.

Oct 29, 2018 at 6:17 PM Post #6,105 of 9,829
Previously they did special colored editions of the Andromeda for specific international dealers. They then sold the extras on http://aloaudio.deals/campfire-audio/.

The Andromeda S was the first special edition that they sold on their regular site and was announced when available to order. They do drop hints on new models before release, the Equinox and Solaris was examples of this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back