Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Sep 19, 2018 at 6:36 AM Post #5,776 of 9,829
I've been highly considering selling all of my gear to buy the Andromeda S after hearing the Andromeda's when I visited Melbourne earlier on in the year. However, being a long-time vegan, I personally cannot buy them morally due to them shipping with a leather case. I'm sure I could make other arrangements if I were buying from Campfire Audio directly, but being in Australia, I'm a little more limited for options. This isn't intended to be a negative post about leather either - I understand that the majority of people would see this as a high quality case to match the Andromeda's and the price point. It's just a shame that the only realistic way I will obtain the Andromeda's (and not the S version) is second hand and leave the case with the seller.

Sep 19, 2018 at 6:58 AM Post #5,777 of 9,829
I've been highly considering selling all of my gear to buy the Andromeda S after hearing the Andromeda's when I visited Melbourne earlier on in the year. However, being a long-time vegan, I personally cannot buy them morally due to them shipping with a leather case. I'm sure I could make other arrangements if I were buying from Campfire Audio directly, but being in Australia, I'm a little more limited for options. This isn't intended to be a negative post about leather either - I understand that the majority of people would see this as a high quality case to match the Andromeda's and the price point. It's just a shame that the only realistic way I will obtain the Andromeda's (and not the S version) is second hand and leave the case with the seller.
Message CA and explain your situation. I’m sure they would swap cases for you and give you the black Vega case as it’s not leather :wink:
That way you still get to have a nice case,
Sorted

Sep 19, 2018 at 7:08 AM Post #5,778 of 9,829
Message CA and explain your situation. I’m sure they would swap cases for you and give you the black Vega case as it’s not leather :wink:
That way you still get to have a nice case,
Sorted
Thanks for the suggestion but it's not that easy unfortunately. After shipping and taxes it comes in at around $1,750AUD, when the price through official retailers here in Australia is $1,599.

Sep 19, 2018 at 11:11 AM Post #5,780 of 9,829
Thanks for the suggestion but it's not that easy unfortunately. After shipping and taxes it comes in at around $1,750AUD, when the price through official retailers here in Australia is $1,599.
Kudos on knowing where your integrity is. I'm not vegan, but can appreciate moments where personal integrity dictates a certain kind of behavior. You're in a predicament, because acquiring the case and selling/trading it, is likely outside your integrity, too. Sometimes, we just have to pay more for certain, special work arounds. It would be great if CA were able to accommodate your kind of request, should you make it. Have you gone deeper into this particular problem? Are there certain conditions that could have been met, by the maker of the case, that wouldn't violate your integrity, and would allow you some wiggle room? What are Good luck!

Sep 19, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #5,783 of 9,829
7E55AC03-D49F-49AF-9105-E2BEE52A9C4F.jpeg I got mine yesterday, sounds superb! Nicely Done!

Sep 19, 2018 at 1:38 PM Post #5,784 of 9,829

Hey Jayden,

We are happy to ship a PU leather or canvas zipper case to our AU dealer and you can swap this out for the leather in the store.

Sorry we were not able to make this a option.

Cheers,

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Sep 19, 2018 at 2:19 PM Post #5,786 of 9,829
I got mine yesterday, sounds superb! Nicely Done!

I hope you're kidding. You better check your privilege and give us more than that one picture! (impressions, pics, anything) :)

Sep 19, 2018 at 6:17 PM Post #5,788 of 9,829
Hey Jayden,

We are happy to ship a PU leather or canvas zipper case to our AU dealer and you can swap this out for the leather in the store.

Sorry we were not able to make this a option.
This is both incredibly generous, and helpful. I've heard nothing but excellent things about your customer service, and this is just another example of it.

I have some gear I need to sell first, but I will be in contact with you soon. I'll also verify with Addicted to Audio that this is something they're able to do. Thank you very much!!

Sep 19, 2018 at 7:08 PM Post #5,789 of 9,829
This is both incredibly generous, and helpful. I've heard nothing but excellent things about your customer service, and this is just another example of it.

I have some gear I need to sell first, but I will be in contact with you soon. I'll also verify with Addicted to Audio that this is something they're able to do. Thank you very much!!

No sweat, just PM me when your ready. Happy to help.

Cheers,

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Sep 19, 2018 at 9:12 PM Post #5,790 of 9,829
No sweat, just PM me when your ready. Happy to help.

Cheers,

Ken
Your dedication to your craft and your clientele is the perfect icing on the cake.

Tomorrow can't come soon enough. My friend ordered them for me, but will be leaving town tomorrow. Lucking, we both know our FedEx driver, and the driver has known us for years, so he's going to just drop it off at my place. Woohoo!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back