Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jul 24, 2018 at 10:17 PM Post #5,402 of 9,829
Not sure what everyone’s preference for tips is but I really like Spinfit CP100 large size. Really brings out the much needed bass and tones down the treble a bit.

Jul 25, 2018 at 6:27 AM Post #5,406 of 9,829
Just demoed the Andromeda with Iphone 7 + Lightning.

No hiss but sounds bassy/muddy/muffled. Will the iEMatch solve the issue?

What tips did it have on it? The gels increase the bass from what I have noticed. The included marshmallow ones really tighten the bass with slight smoothness of treble. I am testing spiral dots today. Treble is increased. Bass is slightly elevated of the marshmallows.

Jul 25, 2018 at 8:17 AM Post #5,407 of 9,829
Honestly the Andromeda sounds pretty decent straight from an iPhone dongle. No hissing either. Good tip on the volume limit trick for better incremental steps on volume control. Plus you get the convenience of not carrying a DAP around also.

Jul 25, 2018 at 9:11 AM Post #5,408 of 9,829
Just demoed the Andromeda with Iphone 7 + Lightning.

No hiss but sounds bassy/muddy/muffled. Will the iEMatch solve the issue?

To my preference, Andromeda + lightning = one of the worst pairing where it sucked the magic that the Andromeda is known for.

OTOH, iPod Touch 6th Gen in airplane mode retained all of Andromeda’s quality including that well extended subbass while having zero hiss

Jul 25, 2018 at 1:28 PM Post #5,410 of 9,829
They are working on custom ear tips. A few members already have them.

Jul 26, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #5,411 of 9,829
Ya, so the MadarinES Symbio W tips are actually pretty good for the Andro. I had fit issues with the Andro before which led me to return it but I read about the Symbio W and bought another one.

It's pretty comfortable (if you find your right size), seals isolation surprisingly very well on the subway considering it's not pure foam (it's a silicone/foam hybrid) and has a nice balanced sound.

I have a UPOCC MMCX cable being built at the moment and we'll see how that sounds. Been trying to increase the impedance of my DAP's output (0.6 Ohms) with IEMatch and a pure copper cable. See how it goes.

Jul 26, 2018 at 10:06 AM Post #5,412 of 9,829
I have a UPOCC MMCX cable being built at the moment and we'll see how that sounds. Been trying to increase the impedance of my DAP's output (0.6 Ohms) with IEMatch and a pure copper cable. See how it goes.

Have you looked into Linum cables. They have three different cables with the following resistance .75 Ohm, 1.5 Ohm, and 2 Ohm. I haven’t tried their cables but I thought it interesting that they advertise their cables based on the resistance. It would be nice if more companies did the same!

Jul 26, 2018 at 10:10 AM Post #5,413 of 9,829
Have you looked into Linum cables. They have three different cables with the following resistance .75 Ohm, 1.5 Ohm, and 2 Ohm. I haven’t tried their cables but I thought it interesting that they advertise their cables based on the resistance. It would be nice if more companies did the same!

That's quite interesting and will be something I'll look into :)

Jul 26, 2018 at 10:18 AM Post #5,415 of 9,829
Is there an IEM out there that has the mids and treble of the Andromeda but with more punchy, possibly heavier bass?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back