Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Mar 27, 2018 at 12:57 PM Post #4,906 of 9,829
Mar 28, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #4,907 of 9,829
You are going to/should/may hear more detail and resolution using a dedicated elemental cable and source, but in my opinion, nothing can beat the sheer versatility of the UE Jaybird Cable.

Moe - by any chance, have you tried the Shure BT cable? It is in the same price range and it seems there might not be any sort of hiss issues with the 535 which is very sensitive also.

Mar 28, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #4,909 of 9,829
Moe - by any chance, have you tried the Shure BT cable? It is in the same price range and it seems there might not be any sort of hiss issues with the 535 which is very sensitive also.

interested here, too

@M3NTAL - I have not. If you (or anyone) has one, you can send it to me for short-term loan if you don't mind. You can PM me.

Mar 29, 2018 at 10:45 AM Post #4,913 of 9,829
For me definitely (!!) Andromeda: brighter, more clarity and energy! (I tested both personally). The IE800s are too dark.

They said that for years about the HD600. Neutral can sound dark. I'm not saying anything here, but the Andro graph is a bit strange; (I was/am interested in these, BTW ). But I know how neutral monitors can really turn people off. You do an A/B and the difference is glaring. Music itself is based on dynamics.

To each their own.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2018 at 3:14 PM Post #4,914 of 9,829
IME Andro sounds dark with Mojo while it’s bright with iPhone 6s. You would need a DAP that’s in between such as the NW-WM1A or Z or QP2R to get the right tonality of the Andromeda

Mar 30, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #4,915 of 9,829
IME Andro sounds dark with Mojo while it’s bright with iPhone 6s. You would need a DAP that’s in between such as the NW-WM1A or Z or QP2R to get the right tonality of the Andromeda
Or the cheaper Questyle option would be the QP1R. The 2R has balanced output and a bit more power, but the Andro's are fine even on the LOW GAIN setting of the 1R. No need for much power to drive them. Then there is always the rumored background hiss from different sources. I've never detected any hiss with the QP1R/Andro combo, but I'm old...lol.

Apr 2, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #4,916 of 9,829
Anyone knows the current price of used Andromeda? I'm planning to sell mine because it is not getting enough usage. It's the best IEM unrivaled in terms of sound, but I found myself digging speaker setups more frequently.

Apr 7, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #4,918 of 9,829
Apple users can use the lightning dongle to darken the sound too. It’s my preferred way with my 6s+

Apr 8, 2018 at 11:27 PM Post #4,919 of 9,829
hi all... looking to purchase the Andromeda in a few days. Anyway, has anyone tried the not-so-expensive balanced cables being sold on AliExpress and paired them with the Andros? I have one (a 4.4mm terminated mmcx) that i'm using with another IEM and will look to continue using them with it but not sure if this has some positive/negative impact to it? And also most folks i see have pricey balanced cables so I wanted to check if that should be fine considering how sensitive these are. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back