Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Nov 29, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #3,331 of 9,829
Well, I placed my order with the BF sale discount, I think it's fair to assume that that won't change.

(Before I placed the order the page said there was just 1 left in stock, after I placed the order the page said it was out of stock)

Thanks!  I hope they will eventually sell some B stock units again at a discounted price.

Nov 29, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #3,332 of 9,829
Honestly, I don't think that's marketing at all. Aside from the memory wire (which I just personally hate memory wire, not a knock on the cable), the Litz cable that came with my Nova was indeed the best stock cable I've ever used. It's certainly one of the best cables I've used to date, if not the best. Would easily have to put thought into buying one (since I otherwise wouldn't ever spend so much on a cable) if there was a 2-pin variant.

The converastion was in several threads concerning an earlier post by a busy Ken in the ref 8 thread that spread to the other Campfire threads.(see the ref 8 thread for it).

This is just a stitch in time post to seal the conversation and confirm what Ken actually intended to say originally.

Just saving us all many more future multiple posts and disinformation.

I dont think anyone was claiming it was a marketing ploy.

Yes, the Litz is truly a wonderful cable.

Regards
Expat

Nov 29, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #3,333 of 9,829
The converastion was in several threads concerning an earlier post by a busy Ken in the ref 8 thread that spread to the other Campfire threads.(see the ref 8 thread for it).

This is just a stitch in time post to seal the conversation and confirm what Ken actually intended to say originally.

Just saving us all many more future multiple posts and disinformation.

I dont think anyone was claiming it was a marketing ploy.

Yes, the Litz is truly a wonderful cable.

Regards
Expat

Oh no, I wasn't implying it was a marketing ploy, nor that it was meant to be a marketing ploy. Rather that unlike some other companies, Campfire Audio's products do what they say it will.

Their Litz cable is something else; it not only has great audio qualities (of which I won't get into), but it has incredible ergonomic quality as well, being both strong and supple while having minimal microphonic properties.

Nov 29, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #3,334 of 9,829
I really like the Litz cable that comes with the Andromeda. The right angle plug, sound presentation and overall suppleness of the cable makes it my go to cable when I'm out and about. I won't say that it's my best cable, but it fits every need I want in a cable and provides what I look for overall...but in a smaller, lighter form factor. I just removed the memory wire for my own personal preference. 

Nov 30, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #3,338 of 9,829
  Yeah I messaged the guy! Hoping for the best, just hope he isn't put off due to my lack of activity here since i'm mostly a lurker. I absolutely loved listening to my roommate's Jupiters and I can't imagine Andromedas sound

By all accounts, the Andromeda is quite different from the Jupiter. Good luck though
beerchug.gif

Nov 30, 2016 at 8:25 PM Post #3,340 of 9,829
Yeah have the Jupiter, Andromeda and Nova and yes they are all quite different beasts.

I have reviews up for each of them
wink.gif

1ea4c3e68be9312ccd56fe7c7501e4cb.jpg

Ah awesome! I loved reading your review, I pulled the trigger on some Jupiters, I am so excited! I've heard that people have sold their desktop set ups for iems, I hope that doesn't happen for me because I love my LCD 2's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back