Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Nov 12, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #3,226 of 9,829
I am thinking about pure gold or pure silver cables. Is the treble going to be too high or over prominent? This is something I fear.

That's going to depend on the quality of the silver wire used if you choose to go that route. All I know is that my Andro's never hit so hard as when I started listening with my current set-up. 

Nov 12, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #3,228 of 9,829

That's going to depend on the quality of the silver wire used if you choose to go that route. All I know is that my Andro's never hit so hard as when I started listening with my current set-up. 

Also how they build the cable. Norne is using Litz. What i notice is Litz brings the current faster to the phones if you use better quality materials.

You will have faster and harder bass.

Nov 12, 2016 at 8:41 PM Post #3,229 of 9,829
Also how they build the cable. Norne is using Litz. What i notice is Litz brings the current faster to the phones if you use better quality materials.

You will have faster and harder bass.

I can't comment on the specific changes that litz brings because it's not just about the enamel coating, it's also about the configuration, but something we can all agree on is how they all tend to look beautiful, especially because they're oxidation free :grimacing:

Nov 13, 2016 at 2:49 AM Post #3,230 of 9,829
Also, anyone looking for a relatively affordable yet excellent way to drive the andromeda, you have got to try out the dragonfly red. There's just something about the way they pair up, absolutely wonderful.

Nov 13, 2016 at 2:58 AM Post #3,231 of 9,829
Also, anyone looking for a relatively affordable yet excellent way to drive the andromeda, you have got to try out the dragonfly red. There's just something about the way they pair up, absolutely wonderful.

+1, best pairing I've heard with them yet, regret selling mine.

Nov 13, 2016 at 8:31 PM Post #3,236 of 9,829
I love it and i hope trrs balanced on both zx2 and go v2+ reduces the hiss. I don't like adding something to the chain like a resistor or ifi match unless i absolutrly have to (may change the sound sig in certain ways).

Nov 13, 2016 at 8:42 PM Post #3,237 of 9,829
I love it and i hope trrs balanced on both zx2 and go v2+ reduces the hiss. I don't like adding something to the chain like a resistor or ifi match unless i absolutrly have to (may change the sound sig in certain ways).

From my experience, balanced output usually doesn't reduce the hissing (comparing SE vs BAL of the same source), and in some cases makes it even worse due to increased power.  And yeah, impedance adapters and buffers can mess sound sig of multi-BAs

Nov 13, 2016 at 9:38 PM Post #3,238 of 9,829
From my experience, balanced output usually doesn't reduce the hissing (comparing SE vs BAL of the same source), and in some cases makes it even worse due to increased power.  And yeah, impedance adapters and buffers can mess sound sig of multi-BAs
let hope zx2 fairs Better because it only had an extra ground...for pseudo balanced. Cable will come tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back