Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Nov 10, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #3,211 of 9,829
Nov 10, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #3,216 of 9,829
Nov 10, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #3,217 of 9,829

I thinking about silver cable :sunglasses:

Definitely do a high purity silver cable. The added bass impact will really surprise you. 

It all depends, not every pure silver cable will perform the same, even heavy gauge premium high purity silver.  Have here with me TWag v4 and Thor II+, the same gauge pure silver wires, 4 separate conductors, and yet Thor II+ actually adds more rumble to low end, while TWag v4 goes for more analytical/revealing upper mids/treble sparkle.

Ref8 is very good, great balance of low end and top end refinement.  Per the question above, Ref8 will have a little more memory effect and slightly more microphonics, while original ALO SPC Litz is softer and "quieter".

Nov 10, 2016 at 1:51 PM Post #3,219 of 9,829
I thinking about silver cable :sunglasses:

If you were not satisfied with the SPC, we do have pure silver and other wires that may interest you that perform better.

PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/
Nov 10, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #3,220 of 9,829

It all depends, not every pure silver cable will perform the same, even heavy gauge premium high purity silver.  Have here with me TWag v4 and Thor II+, the same gauge pure silver wires, 4 separate conductors, and yet Thor II+ actually adds more rumble to low end, while TWag v4 goes for more analytical/revealing upper mids/treble sparkle.

Ref8 is very good, great balance of low end and top end refinement.  Per the question above, Ref8 will have a little more memory effect and slightly more microphonics, while original ALO SPC Litz is softer and "quieter".

Personally I like pure silver especially with the Andro because of its beautiful pristine sound and it will only add to the sound quality but not detract from it.  But Twister6 is correct, not all pure silver are the same.  I like the Silvergarde or the Therium from Norneaudio.  I also have the Crystal cable which seems to open up the Andro even more but Crystal cable is a bit pricey.  My TWag is a bit like Twister6's experience, it will increase the treble sometime resulting in too much treble or too bright.  Good luck with your research.

Nov 12, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #3,221 of 9,829

Hi
You've tested a lot of cable, cable for Andromeda Can you introduce the best?
I have three cable, but I am looking for the best
1:Stock cable alo audio andromeda
2:Gold plated copper EXO plussound
3:Silver plated copper X8 plussound

Nov 12, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #3,222 of 9,829
I've got several silver cables and nothing compares to Norne Audio's Silvergarde IEM. I believe you and I are listening to the same gear. 

Nov 12, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #3,223 of 9,829
I've got several silver cables and nothing compares to Norne Audio's Silvergarde IEM. I believe you and I are listening to the same gear. 

I am thinking about pure gold or pure silver cables. Is the treble going to be too high or over prominent? This is something I fear.

Nov 12, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #3,224 of 9,829

I am thinking about pure gold or pure silver cables. Is the treble going to be too high or over prominent? This is something I fear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back