Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Nov 14, 2016 at 12:39 AM Post #3,243 of 9,829
Have they tweaked the shape of the shell and the finish? Comparing the images currently on the CA site with some older product shots...

The overall geometry is not changed, however, 2 of the sharper angles on the inner surface of the iem are smoothened out by replacing them with facets to help with comfort for those who have a close fit.

Nov 14, 2016 at 1:49 AM Post #3,244 of 9,829
  Have they tweaked the shape of the shell and the finish? Comparing the images currently on the CA site with some older product shots...

Try this link for photos.

http://hisonicears.weebly.com/andromeda.html

Scroll to the bottom of the page to see a Jupiter/Andromeda side by side, under the header "COVER FOR SHELLS REVISED FOR ANDROMEDA/NOVA ONLY". The two facets are exactly as @WCDchee described.

Nov 16, 2016 at 11:06 PM Post #3,246 of 9,829
  It's called the iFi IEMatch. Works wonder.

It only works on certain sources. Like ZX2, it doesn't work and completely kills the andromeda's soundstage. For something like the Geekout v2+ it works fine.......as IO of 2.5 is ok. It only works with sources with near 0 io. From the ZX2, it really kills the sound....I wouldn't recommend it for everything.

Nov 17, 2016 at 2:35 AM Post #3,247 of 9,829
The hiss depends on your source.. Dragon fly red has no hiss even when iphone volume goes up all the way... completely  black. I have tested all the portable amps at Stereo Singapore (and they carry alot of portable amps) and I can say the Dragon fly red and IFI Micro dsd are the best so far. These 2 amps give plenty of deep bass, treble with huge soundstage. The Mojo is good if you prefer a smoother and less treble.. the Mojo makes the Andro an overly warm IEM. If you like to have the most treble and less bass, just plug straight to iphone. 

The Andro completely change its tonality depending on your amp.. I have never seen an IEM changes that drastic by changing amp... If I blind test someone using Mojo and Dragonfly red, he would ave thought its a diff IEM.

Forget all of Ibasso amps or some unknown amps from china.. they are no match for Dragonfly red and IFI.. and most hiss..

Nov 17, 2016 at 7:36 AM Post #3,248 of 9,829
The hiss depends on your source.. Dragon fly red has no hiss even when iphone volume goes up all the way... completely  black. I have tested all the portable amps at Stereo Singapore (and they carry alot of portable amps) and I can say the Dragon fly red and IFI Micro dsd are the best so far. These 2 amps give plenty of deep bass, treble with huge soundstage. The Mojo is good if you prefer a smoother and less treble.. the Mojo makes the Andro an overly warm IEM. If you like to have the most treble and less bass, just plug straight to iphone. 

The Andro completely change its tonality depending on your amp.. I have never seen an IEM changes that drastic by changing amp... If I blind test someone using Mojo and Dragonfly red, he would ave thought its a diff IEM.

Forget all of Ibasso amps or some unknown amps from china.. they are no match for Dragonfly red and IFI.. and most hiss..

thanks for the suggestions!!

Nov 17, 2016 at 7:53 AM Post #3,249 of 9,829

Absolute falsehood. DFR I demoed yesterday hissed MORE than out of the iPhone's headphone adapter. It's no way 'completely black'. The sound was good, but the hiss was there.

Nov 17, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #3,251 of 9,829
I think with the andromeda, most people just have to accept that it's going to hiss on most sources, like it or not.

The only time I hear anything that resembles hiss with my QP1R is at high volume (30 / Low Gain) at the very beginning of a track, that reminds of the lead in on a vinyl track. I hear nothing in the space between tracks, and at lower volumes I don't even hear the "lead in."

Nov 17, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #3,252 of 9,829
The only time I hear anything that resembles hiss with my QP1R is at high volume (30 / Low Gain) at the very beginning of a track, that reminds of the lead in on a vinyl track. I hear nothing in the space between tracks, and at lower volumes I don't even hear the "lead in."

I've heard the questyle with many IEMs, most of which far less sensitive than the andromeda. I've heard the questyle hiss with most of these, and definitely the andromeda :)

Nov 17, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #3,253 of 9,829
wish I was you...I can hear the hiss on anything just by plugging them in :frowning2:

Nov 17, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #3,254 of 9,829

Absolute falsehood. DFR I demoed yesterday hissed MORE than out of the iPhone's headphone adapter. It's no way 'completely black'. The sound was good, but the hiss was there

I went back and re-test in a very quiet room and turn on the volume at full blast.. I can hear more like a sense of space instead of a hiss. very very very tiny almost non-existence and I have to really look for it. When music come on even at volume 1 on iphone, and on soft passage like a flute with a black background.. Its not noticeable anymore. 

Nov 17, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #3,255 of 9,829
I tested it again, this time outside when there is no one in the day time on a quiet environment. I cannot hear the hiss anymore even at full blast volume. The background sound of earth moving is louder than the hiss of DFR. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back