Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Oct 18, 2016 at 3:38 AM Post #3,061 of 9,829
From my understanding the silver cable is already premium, and many reviewers have stated that there is no real upgrade from using aftermarket cables. Props to the ALO team for that. Dunno what the AM3 output impedance is , but it seems the andro likes io of 2-3, like zx2 or iphone. With chord mojo with almost 0, it'll be too bassy ><.

Thanks for the info.
Does balanced cable make noticable improvement to andro? Too bad andro package only comes with 3.5 but not both 2.5 and 3.5 on jupiter.

Oct 18, 2016 at 4:06 AM Post #3,062 of 9,829
Balanced i think depends more on the source. If the source has better balanced than se then yes. For zx2 yes. For qp1r or chord mojo...no because they are single ended. Iphone no. I heard that the new silver cable is much better than the tinsel cable because it is less tangly. I wouldnt be surprised if they release a balanced version of the silver litz soon. :)

Oct 18, 2016 at 5:28 AM Post #3,063 of 9,829
My review of the Andromeda has been posted - http://www.head-fi.org/products/campfire-audio-andromeda/reviews/17093

Simply wonderfully tuned IEM.  Impressed!

Oct 18, 2016 at 11:54 AM Post #3,064 of 9,829
Went to try Andromeda with Effect Audio Eros II+ cable.

The space becomes so huge. The bass hit faster and harder.

Down point is its quite thick.

Oct 18, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #3,065 of 9,829
And a new flagship announced. Lol. Campfire Audio Vega

Oct 18, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #3,066 of 9,829
The Vega sounds like it'll be interesting; specifically designed dynamic driver, might compliment rather than overshadow the Andromedas considering the warmer tonality that Jude described. I'm honestly just glad Campfire isn't choosing to price their IEMs at stratospheric prices.

Oct 18, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #3,067 of 9,829
The Vega sounds like it'll be interesting; specifically designed dynamic driver, might compliment rather than overshadow the Andromedas considering the warmer tonality that Jude described. I'm honestly just glad Campfire isn't choosing to price their IEMs at stratospheric prices.

I think it will be a nice compliment too. I can't wait to order them. 

Oct 18, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #3,069 of 9,829
Here's the link - http://www.head-fi.org/t/823337/campfire-audio-vega-and-dorado-and-lyra-ii-head-fi-tv

I've also added my thoughts on the Dorado, which is amazing as well. 

Cheers 

Oct 18, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #3,070 of 9,829
  Here's the link - http://www.head-fi.org/t/823337/campfire-audio-vega-and-dorado-and-lyra-ii-head-fi-tv

I've also added my thoughts on the Dorado, which is amazing as well. 

Cheers 

There is a TON of information in that video... it'll take a very long time for me to research and understand.

However, what I noticed right away is that instead of using fasteners to attach the two halves of the shells, it now looks glued/epoxied... This is a step backward to me from a mechanical perspective. I did also notice the housing is now smoother, which I think most people will like.

Oct 18, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #3,072 of 9,829
  Oh... just got my Andro yesterday... 

Hey Guys,

Before I go on and talk about the 3 new models I want to talk about what people consider "best" IEM and or "flagship". We at Campfire Audio really wanted to do things from a different angle than our respected competition. We want to have a healthy variety of musical perspectives to offer, not just the same old sound re hashed. In this effort we have been working hard on these dynamic driver IEMs. I have stated and still very much feel that IEM audiophiles will lean to a balanced armature camp or a dynamic driver camp and each technology will bear totally different fruits to your ear. I strongly feel this is the case with the Vega vs Andromeda vs Dorado, all 3 are in the end zone so to speak and one will be your personal "best" and or your personal "flagship". Yes the costs are all different but these reflect the cost of difficulty in making them appear
smily_headphones1.gif
. So each of these has something uniquely awesome to that particular model to offer.

Thank you all for your support.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Oct 18, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #3,073 of 9,829
@KB: Hi Ken, will you be publishing your in house measured frequency response curves for the new IEMs?

Hey Guys,

Before I go on and talk about the 3 new models I want to talk about what people consider "best" IEM and or "flagship". We at Campfire Audio really wanted to do things from a different angle than our respected competition. We want to have a healthy variety of musical perspectives to offer, not just the same old sound re hashed. In this effort we have been working hard on these dynamic driver IEMs. I have stated and still very much feel that IEM audiophiles will lean to a balanced armature camp or a dynamic driver camp and each technology will bear totally different fruits to your ear. I strongly feel this is the case with the Vega vs Andromeda vs Dorado, all 3 are in the end zone so to speak and one will be your personal "best" and or your personal "flagship". Yes the costs are all different but these reflect the cost of difficulty in making them appear
smily_headphones1.gif
. So each of these has something uniquely awesome to that particular model to offer.

Thank you all for your support.

Ken

In that case, I'd suggest putting the Dorado in its own category, so the top bar on the campfireaudio.com page reads something like

Dorado // Vega LyraII // Andromeda ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back