Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jun 27, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #1,771 of 9,829
I hve tried it using mojo and dx80 as transport and it sounds great!!! The waves from marty friedman's tsunami becomes more alive...... But I dont want a separate dac I want a good Dap....because I hate carrying too many things..:)

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk
ye I understand that. I imagine the Andromeda to sound very immersive. Are vocals crystal clear?

Jun 27, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #1,772 of 9,829
I love my andromeda...when I want to here at one instrument I can easily focus on it..I really love the bass..wow! Especiall when I play the red hot chilli peppers! And the soundstage OMG!!! Googoo dolls Boxes album is like your in a Live concert!!!! And the acoustic samurai album of paul gilbert dancing queen...is so life like!!! But what I dont like is my Dap. I feel that its not bringing the full potential of andromeda.... :frowning2: I want to try the questyle qp1r.....

I think, that Opus will be better to try. I got those two side by side just for short time, but if I have to take one, it will be Opus. Much better UI, compact size and really great sound.

Jun 27, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #1,773 of 9,829
I hve tried it using mojo and dx80 as transport and it sounds great!!! The waves from marty friedman's tsunami becomes more alive...... But I dont want a separate dac I want a good Dap....because I hate carrying too many things..:)

ye I understand that. I imagine the Andromeda to sound very immersive. Are vocals crystal clear?

Yes!! Vocals are realistic

Jun 27, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #1,774 of 9,829
I've been listening to these for a week now. The Andromeda has excellent clarity, including in the vocal range. I didn't hear that the vocal range was either brought forward or recessed.

Jun 28, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #1,776 of 9,829
Few more days and many more hours prove, that CA Nova are earphones, which for sure worth to try. My first impressions were not entirely positive, but now I have to submit, I was wrong and I'm happy, that I give it time. Few weeks back I got a chance to try for some short time Campfire Jupiter and I was absolutely fascinate. I never hear that sweet trebles before. An other few days before my experience with Jupiters I purchased Nova on Massdrop and I was eager to try them. When finally package arrive last Friday and I put them to my ears and let music play... Well it was not what I expect. Sound was dull and I miss resolution and separation, proper bass kick and sweetness of trebles. So yes, I was a bit frustrated. I let Nova burn over few nights with different sources and I give an other run of try yesterday and today. Sound changed, it grow up, dullness is gone. Resolution, separation, etc is still not perfect, but today it hit me. Nova should not be compared to other IEM in class. Nova is class on its own. Nova have no ambition have deepest bass or sweetest trebles. Nova will be your every day companion, you will take Nova to your office, on travel and Nova will be always faithfully there for you. Ready to give you joy of music as long every day as you need. You will be not tired with their fit, with fatiguing sound with anything. So yes, there are better IEM on the market, but honestly there always will be someone or something better. For me are Nova Simply clever - these are Škoda ( Czech car maker ) catchword, but it fit for Nova as well.

Jun 28, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #1,778 of 9,829
  Few more days and many more hours prove, that CA Nova are earphones, which for sure worth to try. My first impressions were not entirely positive, but now I have to submit, I was wrong and I'm happy, that I give it time. Few weeks back I got a chance to try for some short time Campfire Jupiter and I was absolutely fascinate. I never hear that sweet trebles before. An other few days before my experience with Jupiters I purchased Nova on Massdrop and I was eager to try them. When finally package arrive last Friday and I put them to my ears and let music play... Well it was not what I expect. Sound was dull and I miss resolution and separation, proper bass kick and sweetness of trebles. So yes, I was a bit frustrated. I let Nova burn over few nights with different sources and I give an other run of try yesterday and today. Sound changed, it grow up, dullness is gone. Resolution, separation, etc is still not perfect, but today it hit me. Nova should not be compared to other IEM in class. Nova is class on its own. Nova have no ambition have deepest bass or sweetest trebles. Nova will be your every day companion, you will take Nova to your office, on travel and Nova will be always faithfully there for you. Ready to give you joy of music as long every day as you need. You will be not tired with their fit, with fatiguing sound with anything. So yes, there are better IEM on the market, but honestly there always will be someone or something better. For me are Nova Simply clever - these are Škoda ( Czech car maker ) catchword, but it fit for Nova as well.

Now you make us proud owners of the Nova! They are indeed fantastic and keep on improving with passage of time. I wasn't much of a fan of its sound when I first tried it but now I feel as though more and more musical details are revealed the more I listen. Maybe Andromeda will also fall on our hands one of these days. Cheers! 
beerchug.gif

Jun 28, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #1,779 of 9,829

Well said! I am thoroughly in love with my Nova.

Jun 28, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #1,780 of 9,829

I feel like i am missing something.  Having had my Nova's a few days, i have been left utterly disappointed.

My only other decent headphone reference are my HD650, which i have no shame in saying i am in love with.When putting in my Nova's i was hoping for a similar experience... but...  here is a rundown of my complaints:

1) Everything feels muddy.  Kind of hard to put to words, but the vocals just sound like everything is passing through a filter of sorts. The clarity just feels lacking.
2) The highs.... being frank, i can find some of them ear piercingly shrill and uncomfortable.; to the point i have had to stop listening because they hurt so much. I have tried a few tips, including the included Comply and some Spiral Dots from Amazon.The highs still get piercing in uncomfortable and unenjoyable ways at times.
3) The base is lacking in detail, but can be overpowering in presence.  Not as horrible as the shrill highs, but also not pleasant.
4) The fit and finish leaves something to be desired.  For the price, i expect the seams to be better than they are on my set... not a dealbreaker, but another complaint about the package.

Given the people liking these, i feel like i am doing something wrong.. but i just keep going back to my 650's which never fail to put a smile on my face.  For phones that cost as much (or more), i expected something at least as good.  And frankly, i feel what little i gain in portability (i am used to lugging my 650s around, so....) is not worth the trade off in unpleasantness.

I would love to hear some tips on what i am doing wrong; but at this point, i feel like i am ready to just sell and move on...

Jun 28, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #1,781 of 9,829
FWIW I wasn't really that impressed by the Nova's either when I heard them compared to all the rest of their lineup (particularly the Andromeda, which was so fantastic) but I'm not trying to rip on what's a new headphone for a lot of people. But yes I found them to be congested and unbalanced.

Jun 28, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #1,782 of 9,829
I feel like i am missing something.  Having had my Nova's a few days, i have been left utterly disappointed.

My only other decent headphone reference are my HD650, which i have no shame in saying i am in love with.When putting in my Nova's i was hoping for a similar experience... but...  here is a rundown of my complaints:

1) Everything feels muddy.  Kind of hard to put to words, but the vocals just sound like everything is passing through a filter of sorts. The clarity just feels lacking.
2) The highs.... being frank, i can find some of them ear piercingly shrill and uncomfortable.; to the point i have had to stop listening because they hurt so much. I have tried a few tips, including the included Comply and some Spiral Dots from Amazon.The highs still get piercing in uncomfortable and unenjoyable ways at times.
3) The base is lacking in detail, but can be overpowering in presence.  Not as horrible as the shrill highs, but also not pleasant.
4) The fit and finish leaves something to be desired.  For the price, i expect the seams to be better than they are on my set... not a dealbreaker, but another complaint about the package.

Given the people liking these, i feel like i am doing something wrong.. but i just keep going back to my 650's which never fail to put a smile on my face.  For phones that cost as much (or more), i expected something at least as good.  And frankly, i feel what little i gain in portability (i am used to lugging my 650s around, so....) is not worth the trade off in unpleasantness.

I would love to hear some tips on what i am doing wrong; but at this point, i feel like i am ready to just sell and move on...

And how many hours you have on them? I have nearly 60 and sound is changed from my first try. I think they magic is not clarity, separation, etc, Nova is not highend. Nova is very well crafted starting point in to serious listening or every day modest listening. If I do not like to take my K10U on bike to the forest, Nova can do the job and I can enjoy both, bike and music.

Jun 28, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #1,783 of 9,829
And how many hours you have on them? I have nearly 60 and sound is changed from my first try. I think they magic is not clarity, separation, etc, Nova is not highend. Nova is very well crafted starting point in to serious listening or every day modest listening. If I do not like to take my K10U on bike to the forest, Nova can do the job and I can enjoy both, bike and music.

As info, burn in is not required for BA Drivers, there should be no change to the sound no matter how long you use them. The differences, real or imagined, would have to be pure placebo effect (i.e. believing they sound better after your brain adjusts to their sound signature)

Jun 28, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #1,785 of 9,829

Its sad you feel that way, im gutted for you bud.

I recently bought the Vibro labs Aria universal and well it sounds awesome. Check out the thread and reviews for it, its actually goin on a US tour with a 20% discount plus money back guarantee. It sounds great from my phone, paired with mojo, sound is real high end. Plenty of vocal clarity with nice soundstage and plenty of high and low end extension

Users who are viewing this thread

Back