Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jun 10, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #1,456 of 9,829
  Hey Guys,

Just got my Nova's as well...

I am having some trouble with the tips, memory foam good isolation but fit is not great. Silicon good fit but poor isolation...

I have the yamaha EHP100's and use those tips which work OK, but not perfect.

What aftermarket tips are you guys using on the campfire stuff??

Thanks!!

I'm using small Spinfits on mine as well.

Jun 10, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #1,458 of 9,829
For anyone who got the Nova from Massdrop, does Massdrop ship on the exact date that is listed on the product page? Or a little bit after? thx.

If you are talking specifically about the Nova drop...they all have shipped. But the answer is no, that is usually their best estimation and then they email you and put it on the discussion page of the item you purchased when it has shipped.

Jun 10, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #1,459 of 9,829
  For anyone who got the Nova from Massdrop, does Massdrop ship on the exact date that is listed on the product page? Or a little bit after? thx.

You'll just have to pay attention to updates on the discussion page. It all depends on whether there are any production delays or not. If everything goes off without a hitch, then Massdrop can usually get things shipped from their warehouse within a few days of their original estimated ship date. That was exactly the case with the Novas; they estimated end of May and they got things shipped out of the warehouse at the head of June. And now a lot of us have gotten the Nova, including me.

Jun 10, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #1,461 of 9,829
Well.....look what the Postman brought to me today....haven't even listened to them yet...:hugging:

Jun 10, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #1,462 of 9,829

As stated above, Massdrop shipped as promised, but in my case once DHL handed off to USPS, the Postal Service decided to go old school and use mules....took four days to get from St. Louis to WC Missouri....I could have ridden my bicycle there and back quicker...

But, I have them!!!

Jun 10, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #1,464 of 9,829
Hey Guys,

Just got my Nova's as well...

I am having some trouble with the tips, memory foam good isolation but fit is not great. Silicon good fit but poor isolation...

I have the yamaha EHP100's and use those tips which work OK, but not perfect.

What aftermarket tips are you guys using on the campfire stuff??

Thanks!!

Go with SpinFit ,I highly recommend it.

Jun 10, 2016 at 6:02 PM Post #1,466 of 9,829
It helps him get the IEMs into his ears.....you don't use a little olive oil to grease your $500 IEMs?  You are totally missing out!

Lol, the things I could say...but I'd rather listen!

Jun 10, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #1,467 of 9,829
All about that EVOO!

Seriously, though, a water based lubricant such as OtoEase, Pjur, etc. is great to use for harder-to-insert IEMs.

Jun 10, 2016 at 6:14 PM Post #1,468 of 9,829
Just arrived home with a pair of Campfire Audio Andromedas, and have to say I am very impressed. Had the chance to compare with the Noble K10 (I was ready to buy these), and the Campfire Audio Jupiter. Here are some quick comparisons:

Campfire Audio Jupiters - If I had never heard the Andromeda I would likely have been happy with the Jupiter, but in side by side comparison the Jupiter has a boosted mid range that did not work for me. The Andromeda is better balanced, has better bass weight and a larger sound stage with much greater depth. If you can push the budget a bit, the Andromeda is a clear winner.

Noble K10 - I am sure I will get some flack for this, but the K10 underwhelmed me. Some of it may be sticker based, but overall I found the K10 detailed and refined, but lacking in emotion. The Andromeda trailed behind slightly in detail retrieval and instrument separation (it was close), but I found the soundstage more natural with the Andromeda. I found the K10 was a bit quicker in the mid bass, and had better treble extension, but the Andromeda drew me in more. I was able to achieve a better fit with the Andromeda which was very important to me and likely resulted in a better experience.

Test unit was my AK 100 II and tracks were:

24/96 Porcupine Tree in Absentia - Trains
Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here 24/96 from Immersion Edition
Infected Mushroom IM the Supervisor - Noon

Well done ALO on a fantastic IEM!

Jun 10, 2016 at 6:47 PM Post #1,470 of 9,829
  I will report back tomorrow, i am going to minidisc with my Orion to try both the AK300 and the Orion along side my NOVA. I will be taking both the stock cable and a balance cable to check performance changes.

Orion to me is a purist approach to sound reproduction. WIthout comparing it to other IEM with multiple BA I will never say it lacks anything. Only when I heard a different sound my brain starts wanting a different variation on Orion. 

will be good to hear your thoughts, let us know

Users who are viewing this thread

Back