Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jun 5, 2016 at 7:39 AM Post #1,337 of 9,829
Nobody like nova ? :frown: people only talk about andromeda :frowning2:

Should be a bunch of write-ups on here in the next fortnight or so when the Massdrop for the Nova delivers (due next week hopefully) and people start writing it up. Apart from a few lucky reviewers, no one else seems to have got their hands on one yet! :wink:

Jun 5, 2016 at 7:55 AM Post #1,338 of 9,829
Can i get any review about nova ? Is nova really better than orion ?

I have owned both the Nova and Orion and would not say one is "better" than the other. They each have very different SQ and will appeal to different tastes in presentation. The Nova has more weight and impact whereas the Orion has a more open and airy sound. Likely the Nova will appeal more to those favoring rock genre's and the Orion to those who tend to more jazz and acoustic genres.

The Nova should appeal to those who thought the Orion bass to be overly "polite". I personally considered the Orion tonal balance to be especially accurate for both male and female vocals.

Jun 5, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #1,339 of 9,829
I have owned both the Nova and Orion and would not say one is "better" than the other. They each have very different SQ and will appeal to different tastes in presentation. The Nova has more weight and impact whereas the Orion has a more open and airy sound. Likely the Nova will appeal more to those favoring rock genre's and the Orion to those who tend to more jazz and acoustic genres.

The Nova should appeal to those who thought the Orion bass to be overly "polite". I personally considered the Orion tonal balance to be especially accurate for both male and female vocals.

thanks so much :), 350$ for a1 single BA make me consider ><!

Jun 5, 2016 at 9:19 AM Post #1,340 of 9,829
The A8 is my favourite model in the series.

I personally am not a big fan of the A12 or he A10, My friends and I found the A12 bass to be way muddy, and the A10 to have a Much lacking bass extension. But of course that's personal :)

Same here. I met up with a friend who had the U12. I honestly didn't even think it was close. I thought the Andromeda pretty much creamed it. Sooooo much better balance, energy and clarity on the Andromeda. Then again the U12 is far from my cup of tea. It's way too bassy and polite in the upper midrange and treble, and has limited genre versatility due to how colored the signature is. Haven't heard U10, but SGS has told me it's also way bassy so I don't think the 1964 line is for me.

Jun 5, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #1,341 of 9,829
Same here. I met up with a friend who had the U12. I honestly didn't even think it was close. I thought the Andromeda pretty much creamed it. Sooooo much better balance, energy and clarity on the Andromeda. Then again the U12 is far from my cup of tea. It's way too bassy and polite in the upper midrange and treble, and has limited genre versatility due to how colored the signature is. Haven't heard U10, but SGS has told me it's also way bassy so I don't think the 1964 line is for me.

My thoughts exactly on the Andromeda vs U12.

Jun 5, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #1,342 of 9,829
Jun 5, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #1,343 of 9,829
The A8 is my favourite model in the series.

I personally am not a big fan of the A12 or he A10, My friends and I found the A12 bass to be way muddy, and the A10 to have a Much lacking bass extension. But of course that's personal
smily_headphones1.gif

You said the A12 bass is muddy, but you like the A8? I thought the A8 has even more bass than the A12?

Jun 5, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #1,344 of 9,829

So the U12 has more Bass than the Andromeda? Damn that sucks then, I was gonna place an order for the Andromeda directly from Campfire Audio website, but if it doesn't have enough Bass, then I might pass.

Jun 5, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #1,345 of 9,829
So the U12 has more Bass than the Andromeda? Damn that sucks then, I was gonna place an order for the Andromeda directly from Campfire Audio website, but if it doesn't have enough Bass, then I might pass.

IMO, the Andromeda has "just right" bass. Nicely balanced with the rest of the audio spectrum.

Jun 5, 2016 at 4:22 PM Post #1,347 of 9,829
IMO, the Andromeda has "just right" bass. Nicely balanced with the rest of the audio spectrum.

I thought Andromeda sounded very nicely balanced and natural. When I listened to Androneda, K10U, U10, and U12 in succession, Andromeda was my clear favorite. I was surprised and came back to Andromeda to confirm. Yup, Andromeda was definitely my clear favorite. Wish I could afford Andromeda, but for now I've got a kitchen remodel on the horizon. If I get a nice end of year bonus, though...

All that said, it doesn't mean others won't prefer K10, Maestro, Solar, U10, U12, Zeus, etc...

In fact, I'd love to hear Andromeda vs Maestro and Zeus one of these days :wink:
:beerchug:

Jun 5, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #1,348 of 9,829
I thought Andromeda sounded very nicely balanced and natural. When I listened to Androneda, K10U, U10, and U12 in succession, Andromeda was my clear favorite. I was surprised and came back to Andromeda to confirm. Yup, Andromeda was definitely my clear favorite. Wish I could afford Andromeda, but for now I've got a kitchen remodel on the horizon. If I get a nice end of year bonus, though...

All that said, it doesn't mean others won't prefer K10, Maestro, Solar, U10, U12, Zeus, etc...

In fact, I'd love to hear Andromeda vs Maestro and Zeus one of these days
wink.gif

beerchug.gif

But what makes you like the Andromeda over the others? Is it the Mids, Bass, etc?? And also, is the Mid more forward on the Andromeda than the U12?

Jun 5, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #1,349 of 9,829
But what makes you like the Andromeda over the others? Is it the Mids, Bass, etc?? And also, is the Mid more forward on the Andromeda than the U12?

I was just reiterating what I've said already in this thread after the Portland meet in early May where I tried those four (along with the other Campfire Audio IEM) in succession. In short, I found that to my ears using the Lotoo PAW Gold - Andromeda had the most balanced, natural sound including soundstage. K10 sounded too warm and felt closed in vs. Andromeda. U10 was fairly balanced but a bit thin in the mids and touched off my sibilance alarm bells. U12 was dark and a bit rolled off on top and would've actually been okay if it didn't also touch off my sibilance alarm bells. And again, Andromeda felt more spacious even though the 64 Audio IEM were ADEL.

Jun 5, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #1,350 of 9,829

The Bass of the Andromeda is just above neutral and is absolutely well defined. The Andromeda has all the Bass I need in a IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back