Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jul 9, 2021 at 7:07 PM Post #9,586 of 9,829
The Andromeda on CFA's website is now called "Andromeda Solid Body" and is described as a "new chapter"...does anyone know if and in what ways this is different than the 2020?

Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 4.05.15 PM.png

Jul 9, 2021 at 7:55 PM Post #9,588 of 9,829
The Andromeda on CFA's website is now called "Andromeda Solid Body" and is described as a "new chapter"...does anyone know if and in what ways this is different than the 2020?

Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 4.05.15 PM.png
What, did you think you needed to buy another one?? :ksc75smile:

Jul 9, 2021 at 7:56 PM Post #9,589 of 9,829
Jul 15, 2021 at 12:51 AM Post #9,591 of 9,829
Jul 16, 2021 at 1:45 PM Post #9,592 of 9,829
Does anyone fancy an excellent condition 2020 for a Gold?

A-Stock or B-Stock doesn't matter, i also don't need a cable - would be an IEM for IEM trade)!

Happy to add cash on to match your unit's rarity if needed.

Aug 5, 2021 at 11:32 PM Post #9,593 of 9,829
I'm currently looking from an upgrade from the Moondrop Blessing2s to the Andro2020. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I'm using the New Hiby R6 as source

Aug 6, 2021 at 1:49 AM Post #9,594 of 9,829
I'm currently looking from an upgrade from the Moondrop Blessing2s to the Andro2020. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I'm using the New Hiby R6 as source
I'm just in the middle of reviewing the Andro2020 having previously reviewed the Blessing 2/Dusk. I think the key question to ask yourself is if you want the Andro2020 type tuning or not. From a tuning standpoint, they're quite different. The biggest advantage you get from going to the Andro2020 is the staging: soundstage, imaging, and layering are way ahead on the Andro2020, especially considering how middling the B2s' staging is like most IEMs. That and you get a better treble response. But from other technical standpoints such as dynamics and resolution, I don't think it lags all that far behind. Diminishing returns and all that. I think if you want a very unique sound presentation (i.e. staging) and open to a warm-neutral tuning with low upper mids compared to the B2s' forward vocals and lean tuning, it is worth a shot. Whether or not you can justify 3x the price for it is a question that's in your court.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2021 at 3:01 AM Post #9,595 of 9,829
I'm just in the middle of reviewing the Andro2020 having previously reviewed the Blessing 2/Dusk. I think the key question to ask yourself is if you want the Andro2020 type tuning or not. From a tuning standpoint, they're quite different. The biggest advantage you get from going to the Andro2020 is the staging: soundstage, imaging, and layering are way ahead on the Andro2020, especially considering how middling the B2s' staging is like most IEMs. That and you get a better treble response. But from other technical standpoints such as dynamics and resolution, I don't think it lags all that far behind. Diminishing returns and all that. I think if you want a very unique sound presentation (i.e. staging) and open to a warm-neutral tuning with low upper mids compared to the B2s' forward vocals and lean tuning, it is worth a shot. Whether or not you can justify 3x the price for it is a question that's in your court.

That's actually quite informative. I listen mostly to rock/pop and vocals, that's why i was looking at the andros and where I am from they are going for ~880USD now, so that's why i'm on the fence

Aug 6, 2021 at 3:24 AM Post #9,596 of 9,829
That's actually quite informative. I listen mostly to rock/pop and vocals, that's why i was looking at the andros and where I am from they are going for ~880USD now, so that's why i'm on the fence
By the way, how does the sound sig compare to the B2s? I have yet to audition the Andro2020

Aug 6, 2021 at 4:07 PM Post #9,598 of 9,829
By the way, how does the sound sig compare to the B2s? I have yet to audition the Andro2020
The sound signature of the B2s vs. the Andro2020 is quite different. The B2s are on the lean side with clear forward vocals and brittle lower treble. Andro2020 is a warm neutral where vocals trades some upper mids clarity for the warmth. The low pinna gain on the Andro2020 will make vocals sound comparatively recessed to the B2.
I'd say for pop/rock and vocals... I'd probably stick with the B2. The major advantage that the Andro2020 has is its expansive soundstage but that depends quite a bit on the recording as well. Modern pop/rock generally don't do too well on this front. It would be better for more classic stuff like Michael Jackson.

Aug 7, 2021 at 5:17 AM Post #9,599 of 9,829
The sound signature of the B2s vs. the Andro2020 is quite different. The B2s are on the lean side with clear forward vocals and brittle lower treble. Andro2020 is a warm neutral where vocals trades some upper mids clarity for the warmth. The low pinna gain on the Andro2020 will make vocals sound comparatively recessed to the B2.
I'd say for pop/rock and vocals... I'd probably stick with the B2. The major advantage that the Andro2020 has is its expansive soundstage but that depends quite a bit on the recording as well. Modern pop/rock generally don't do too well on this front. It would be better for more classic stuff like Michael Jackson.
Just auditioned them and I was quite impressed with the sound stage. I agree with the recessed mids but it was quite acceptable and easily eqed. It was pretty enjoyable listening to them and was musical. I was going to buy them but their payment machine was broken so I gotta go back on Monday to pick them up. They were on sale too for around 770USD

Sep 11, 2021 at 6:25 AM Post #9,600 of 9,829
Hi Guys

I have Andromeda S, but I want the green ones too :), but I can't decide between Classic (2019) or 2020? ...
I couldn't find a comparison. Is there a big difference compared to Andromeda S.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back