Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Sep 18, 2021 at 5:09 PM Post #9,616 of 9,829
The DHC pure silver cables are not bright. They allow anything and everything in the recording that the player can produce are reproduced. I found that my Andromeda Gold sounded better with the DHC Clone Silver than the DHC Clone Fusion (cooper and silver). Wider soundstage and better details.

The microphonics with the Campfire cables is heard whenever you move your head or player. If you stay still it's not heard.

Oct 21, 2021 at 6:14 PM Post #9,618 of 9,829
Does anyone know who makes the black marshmallow foam tips included with Andromeda?

Finally going to be able to use these on a noisy commute, and I'll need the added isolation foams provide.

Had a look at aloaudio.com, but the shipping to Aus is more than 2x the cost of the foams!!

The NewBee and Tennmaks I have are both not quite right for various reasons, maybe I just need to get 1 size larger of the Tennmaks?

Oct 21, 2021 at 7:17 PM Post #9,619 of 9,829
Does anyone know who makes the black marshmallow foam tips included with Andromeda?

Finally going to be able to use these on a noisy commute, and I'll need the added isolation foams provide.

Had a look at aloaudio.com, but the shipping to Aus is more than 2x the cost of the foams!!

The NewBee and Tennmaks I have are both not quite right for various reasons, maybe I just need to get 1 size larger of the Tennmaks?
Comply foam tips blow the included ones out of the water.

Oct 21, 2021 at 8:31 PM Post #9,620 of 9,829

Campfire makes them. Its on their site.

Oct 21, 2021 at 8:47 PM Post #9,621 of 9,829
Campfire makes them. Its on their site.
... yes I know Campfire/ALO have them for sale, but with shipping to Australia they are like $A60 for 3 pair. no way am i paying that!!!

Oct 21, 2021 at 8:48 PM Post #9,622 of 9,829
Comply foam tips blow the included ones out of the water.
Cool thanks, which Comply in particular would you recommend?

Oct 21, 2021 at 8:56 PM Post #9,623 of 9,829
Cool thanks, which Comply in particular would you recommend?
Not a fan of comply since they tend to break real fast. Cfa marshmallows are pretty sturdy though and they dont change the overall signature as much as complys do.

Oct 21, 2021 at 9:19 PM Post #9,624 of 9,829
Not a fan of comply since they tend to break real fast. Cfa marshmallows are pretty sturdy though and they dont change the overall signature as much as complys do.
I used to be an avowed Comply fan during a previous IEM life with a pair of Shure SE846 (though the Comply tips did seem to degrade pretty fast). When I switched over to Campfire Audio IEM’s, I gladly used their included medium marshmallow tips and found them to be comfortable and sturdy and reasonably long-lasting. I would try some Comply tips on my CA IEM’s, but their “tip finder” doesn’t seem to definitely match up my CA models with the model of Comply tips.

Oct 21, 2021 at 9:36 PM Post #9,625 of 9,829

I used to be an avowed Comply fan during a previous IEM life with a pair of Shure SE846 (though the Comply tips did seem to degrade pretty fast). When I switched over to Campfire Audio IEM’s, I gladly used their included medium marshmallow tips and found them to be comfortable and sturdy and reasonably long-lasting. I would try some Comply tips on my CA IEM’s, but their “tip finder” doesn’t seem to definitely match up my CA models with the model of Comply tips.
Yes, I'd be happy to pay the $US12.99 for 3 pairs of the CFA marshmallow tips. What I'm not happy about is paying the $US29.48 shipping for them, that's why I'm looking for something a bit more... economical...

Oct 22, 2021 at 12:10 AM Post #9,626 of 9,829
Yes, I'd be happy to pay the $US12.99 for 3 pairs of the CFA marshmallow tips. What I'm not happy about is paying the $US29.48 shipping for them, that's why I'm looking for something a bit more... economical...
Maybe try through local carriers? Anything outside the country (at least for me) is a real pain to pay for shipping often costing as much if not 2x the product itself. :weary:

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2021 at 9:14 PM Post #9,627 of 9,829
Maybe try through local carriers? Anything outside the country (at least for me) is a real pain to pay for shipping often costing as much if not 2x the product itself. :weary:
Hmm, so in the meantime I got an email from Campfire Audio regarding the marshmallow tips in my cart on their site, and they offered me free shipping.

Which is nice, but campfireaudio.com doesn't ship to Australia.
aloaudio.com does ship to Australia, which is where I found the crazy shipping cost in the first place.

I've gone back to CFA (twice) to ask about the offer of free shipping from aloaudio.com instead, but so far 0 response.

Symbio offers free shipping from Hungary, no questions asked, so I've ordered some of their foams, the orange should contrast nicely with the green Andro... and with the $$ saved on shipping I can get one or two packs of Comply's as well.

If I'm lucky, I'll get a trip to Portland in the next 6-12 months to just pick up the tips from CFA directly, but in the meantime will have to be other solutions...

Oct 28, 2021 at 11:51 PM Post #9,629 of 9,829
Hmm, so in the meantime I got an email from Campfire Audio regarding the marshmallow tips in my cart on their site, and they offered me free shipping.

Which is nice, but campfireaudio.com doesn't ship to Australia.
aloaudio.com does ship to Australia, which is where I found the crazy shipping cost in the first place.

I've gone back to CFA (twice) to ask about the offer of free shipping from aloaudio.com instead, but so far 0 response.

Symbio offers free shipping from Hungary, no questions asked, so I've ordered some of their foams, the orange should contrast nicely with the green Andro... and with the $$ saved on shipping I can get one or two packs of Comply's as well.

If I'm lucky, I'll get a trip to Portland in the next 6-12 months to just pick up the tips from CFA directly, but in the meantime will have to be other solutions...

Try Calling Jaben Australia and ask if they have tips since they also sell Campfire IEMs

Oct 29, 2021 at 3:38 AM Post #9,630 of 9,829

Users who are viewing this thread

Back