Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jan 17, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #9,333 of 9,829
Max Settings' review of the 2020 -

TL;DR - Loses its magic without the treble sparkle

I have heard some say that. I never really got to know the OG so I can't comment on the differences. The 2020 Andromeda had plenty of magic to my ears however, especially through my E02 and S1.

In other news I should finally have @Sebastien Chiu 's Andro G in my hands tomorrow...looking forward to plugging it into my Shanling M8 and finally getting to spend some real time with this IEM.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #9,334 of 9,829
Canadian Post held them, hostage, for nearly a week while Rock's package didn't get held by US customs at all...seems right lol.

Looking forward to your impressions mate!

Jan 17, 2021 at 6:50 PM Post #9,335 of 9,829
Hi folks - a lot of people in this thread have lamented that the MW10 is hard to find/obtain.

I've decided to get into a new hobby (wristwatches), so I'm parting ways with almost all of my IEMs - including my 2 pairs of MW10 as described here. Please DM me if interested.

Bonus shot of the MW10, it's absolutely stunning:

IMG_2763.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2021 at 1:03 AM Post #9,338 of 9,829
Probably my Solaris 2020... despite the fact that most reviewers seem to like Solaris SE/OG more, something about the 2020 really speaks to me.

You're not the only one. @SBranson , @gnahra and others have preferred the 2020 over other versions. I never got to spend enough time with one to have a firm opinion on it.

Jan 31, 2021 at 11:00 AM Post #9,341 of 9,829
Guys, could someone recommend a cable for my recent purchase MW10? Thank you!

Feb 21, 2021 at 2:11 PM Post #9,345 of 9,829
Hi folks
Can you make a suggestion for a mobile dap for my Andro Golds which is close to the referende tuning of my beloved brick DX220 Max?
Imho the Andro Gold are giving enough warmth to compensate the reference brightness of the DX220 max.
I tried the new DX300 but for my taste it was not resolving enough and had a slightly blown mid bass I found too strong on the Andro Gold.
I somehow came to the conclusion that I want a reference DAP for my full size cans and a smaller really mobile solution for my Andros on the go for < 1000 bucks...

The new DAP should play his free and have an acceptable performance for streaming apps (currently on Tidal but might opt for either Quobuz or Amazon Music HD in future).
Apropos Tidal: Would be great to have full MQA unfolding like Hiby r8 but not sure if that is feasible in that class.
Currently running the Qudelix 5k for mobile usage which I find unbeaten for its low price but compared to the max it's missing Dynamics and clarity of course

Some models I had in mind:
DX160?
SR25?
Thx in advance for your suggestions.

Alternatively it can also be a smaller DAC like Paw s1 which I can pair to my IPhone 11 Pro but should be really tiny then to not carry 2 bricks and fulfill the above mentioned criteria

Users who are viewing this thread

Back