Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
May 14, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #916 of 9,829
Thanks for asking @peter123, and thanks for the answers @HiFlight. As I've mentioned already, I felt all of the CFA IEM sounded great. I know Ken put a lot of time and effort into the lineup to get them just right, and it shows in all aspects from aesthetics to ergonomics to durability to tuning.

Too bad you're not in the US, @peter123 or I'd send you Orion and Nova to try out. I'll be heading over to Dublin next spring to visit my daughter on her study abroad trip. Last semester at university spent in Dublin. How'd she get to be so lucky?!? Anyhow, pop on over for a pint or two and we can have a mini meet
wink.gif

By you paying for it?
biggrin.gif

We need to have an international CanJam event in NYC
wink.gif

May 14, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #917 of 9,829
By you paying for it? :D

We need to have an international CanJam event in NYC :wink:

Yeah, and by pushing her to be more outgoing :wink:

Intl CanJam would be awesome. Neither my wife nor I have been to NYC and really want to go. It'd be great to go to a bigger meet than the Portland meet where I won't feel like a complete oddball because I'm portable focused, lol :p

And meeting cool peeps I've chatted online with so much is always cool :)

May 14, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #918 of 9,829
Thanks for asking peter123, and thanks for the answers HiFlight. As I've mentioned already, I felt all of the CFA IEM sounded great. I know Ken put a lot of time and effort into the lineup to get them just right, and it shows in all aspects from aesthetics to ergonomics to durability to tuning.

Too bad you're not in the US, peter123 or I'd send you Orion and Nova to try out. I'll be heading over to Dublin next spring to visit my daughter on her study abroad trip. Last semester at university spent in Dublin. How'd she get to be so lucky?!? Anyhow, pop on over for a pint or two and we can have a mini meet :wink:

No worries Nik. Believe me, there's many times I wished I'd lived in the US and this adds to the line :wink: I've never been to Ireland and love a pint or two so you never know.

Have you heard the 1Plus btw? HiFlight comments both make me regret not getting in on the MD (since they indeed seems to be sure signature I'd enjoy) as well as making me happy that I didn't (if they're that close to the 1Plus which I already own).

#lifeofaheadfier, full of tough decisions lol

May 14, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #919 of 9,829
peter123 I'm on the Nova drop, so while I don't have the 1Plus any more, will happily let you know how much they remind me of them (or not) when the Massdrop stuff arrives next month.

Life of a headfi'er indeed - have some Trinity iems arriving in a month or so hopefully, plus a Nuforce HEM4 and the FLC8S. Too much shiny gear, too little time! :wink: Think I might need a yard sale in the FS forum in a few weeks to move on some old gear!

May 14, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #920 of 9,829
peter123: Nope. Haven't heard any ASG IEM :frowning2:

Jackpot77: I predict you'll be keeping CFA & FLC IEM. If you'd gone for HEM2, I'd say you'd be keeping it for sure. HEM4 is a fine IEM but wasn't quite what I was looking for. Maybe you'll like it better than I did. Haven't heard the newer Trinity IEM. Delta v1 is collecting dust.

May 14, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #921 of 9,829
I'm having a really hard time getting my NOVA to seal properly with the provided tips. Hoping the JVC medium spirals will do the trick.

Early comparisons to my Sure 215:

The mids are much further forward so as others have said, vocals are amazing.. Bass is subdued when compared and I think more accurate.

They are super smooth and do have a bigger sound stage than the Shures, but I'm not sure I love the mid-centric tuning. Will have to get a good seal to fully test correctly though since I know I'll get better bass when they're air tight.

May 14, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #922 of 9,829

Jackpot77: I predict you'll be keeping CFA & FLC IEM. If you'd gone for HEM2, I'd say you'd be keeping it for sure. HEM4 is a fine IEM but wasn't quite what I was looking for. Maybe you'll like it better than I did. Haven't heard the newer Trinity IEM. Delta v1 is collecting dust.

Think you might be right. Have the HEM4 coming as I picked it up from a fellow Massdropper at the drop price so going to check it out then probably put it up on the FS forums. It's more to see if I like the more analytical signature.

Been a fan on the way Trinity do things (and the Atlas) so decided to get on on their preorders - again, will see how they go and move on whatever doesn't grab me. Heading the Nova is like the 1+ really makes me think this one is a keeper tho. I love that particular sound signature.

May 14, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #923 of 9,829
peter123 I'm on the Nova drop, so while I don't have the 1Plus any more, will happily let you know how much they remind me of them (or not) when the Massdrop stuff arrives next month.

Life of a headfi'er indeed - have some Trinity iems arriving in a month or so hopefully, plus a Nuforce HEM4 and the FLC8S. Too much shiny gear, too little time! :wink: Think I might need a yard sale in the FS forum in a few weeks to move on some old gear!

Nice mate, I'm looking forward to hear your impressions and comparison to the others you mention as well. I've decided to pass on the new Trinity offerings but I'm curious to hear how find them to compare to other offerings.

Too bad with the ASG's, yet another reason I wish I was closer so that you could at least get to experience the 1Plus. International Canjam in NY City ftw :wink:

May 14, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #926 of 9,829
hi,
  My Nova just came in.  Fit & finish is excellent!  Will begin burning it in with my AK Jr!

Just curious to know, Does the Nova produce more sub bass than the Orion? I really love the SQ of Orion, silky smooth vocal and highs, very analytical, but lack of sub bass is the drawback.

May 15, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #927 of 9,829
@peter123 I'm on the Nova drop, so while I don't have the 1Plus any more, will happily let you know how much they remind me of them (or not) when the Massdrop stuff arrives next month.

Life of a headfi'er indeed - have some Trinity iems arriving in a month or so hopefully, plus a Nuforce HEM4 and the FLC8S. Too much shiny gear, too little time!
wink.gif
Think I might need a yard sale in the FS forum in a few weeks to move on some old gear!

well sir you have a good listening taste
tongue_smile.gif

May 15, 2016 at 1:00 AM Post #928 of 9,829
Just purchased 2 packs of the Penon Audio tips (Small, Medium and Large for each pack).  Free shipping to California and $8 total for 6 pairs of tips from a consumer perspective is pretty good (the amount that dealers pay for various tips can be super crazy low...)  Hopefully these tips will allow an even more sufficient fit than the SpinFit tips that are very good as well.

Thanks for the tip comparison photo and Penon Audio tips link, @twister6, appreciate it! 
beerchug.gif

May 15, 2016 at 1:04 AM Post #929 of 9,829
  Just purchased 2 packs of the Penon Audio tips (Small, Medium and Large for each pack).  Free shipping to California and $8 total for 6 pairs of tips from a consumer perspective is pretty good (the amount that dealers pay for various tips can be super crazy low...)  Hopefully these tips will allow an even more sufficient fit than the SpinFit tips that are very good as well.

Thanks for the tip comparison photo and Penon Audio tips link, @twister6, appreciate it! 
beerchug.gif

link please thank you!
tongue.gif

May 15, 2016 at 1:05 AM Post #930 of 9,829

Users who are viewing this thread

Back