Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Apr 16, 2016 at 6:26 AM Post #62 of 9,829
Yeah I'd like to hear how it sounds compared to other flagships like the Layla or K10 too, I know the Layla is described as a reference IEM, just wondering if the Andromeda is tuned the same way, I prefer a little more fun sound signature so just pure flat reference doesn't appeal to me as much

With the Layla 2, I honestly cannot see how it can be a neutral reference. It just doesn't seem all that "reference-ish " to my ears. Maybe it's just me but that's what I heard

Apr 16, 2016 at 7:31 AM Post #65 of 9,829
It is a slightly new and improved cable supposedly better sounding and way softer

Love the cable from the initial picture. Seems to be very similarly soft as the one which came with Ultimate Ears customs?
I would love to have this spare one for SE846, any estimate on the cable availability?

Apr 16, 2016 at 7:34 AM Post #66 of 9,829
Love the cable from the initial picture. Seems to be very similarly soft as the one which came with Ultimate Ears customs?
I would love to have this spare one for SE846, any estimate on the cable availability?

No idea on cable availability, Ken could probably chime in on this soon. It is very soft, like with most customs :) except as Ken promises, should sound much better!

Apr 16, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #67 of 9,829
No idea on cable availability, Ken could probably chime in on this soon. It is very soft, like with most customs
smily_headphones1.gif
except as Ken promises, should sound much better!

Hey Guys, Thanks for all the positive feedback. My team here is super stoked over the reception of the Nova and Andromeda and its great to know all the hard work is going in the right direction. 

Ok the new litz cable, we are going to supply the new cable with the Jupiter and even Orion. I apologize for the transition from tinsel to litz so if you got caught in between changes, again my apologies. We still have some Jupiters packed with the tinsel cables. We still feel our now older tinsel cable sonically sounds great, it was the over time ergonomics of the cable that customers voiced about. I am all for listening to my customers and trying to make changes as best I can.

Please note that our balanced 2.5mm to MMCX cables are the now older tinsel wire type and not the litz wire type. 

My and my team are very very excited to read users thoughts and impressions, we also look forward to a flurry of reviews from head-fi'ers and beyond. 

Cheers.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Apr 16, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #68 of 9,829
More angles.

Hard to see but the PVD silver screws are really nice with a "CD" finish, thanks you to the guys at Stanley Engineering in Decorah Iowa :)

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Apr 16, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #69 of 9,829
My and my team are very very excited to read users thoughts and impressions, we also look forward to a flurry of reviews from head-fi'ers and beyond. 

Cheers.

Ken

What I personally (like many others too, I'm sure) am waiting impatiently for are details on the pre-orders and any promotions that may come with it. Although I'm sure being responsible adults, we can all resist impulse buys...

Right guys? 
tongue.gif

Apr 16, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #70 of 9,829
Oh my. Got my Orion too early. Just got it two weeks ago. And now see that ALO Audio is using the newer Litz cable to replace this slightly stiffy Tinsel Cable. Is it possible to return the cable and exchange it with the new one? :frowning2: 

Apr 16, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #72 of 9,829
Just realise Andromeda has 3 cross over holes, meant has 2 mids, 2 high and 1 low for sub bass.

To be compare to Jupiter has 2 holes for 2 mids & 2 high.
Also Andromeda not longer comes with 2.5mm balanced cable as well :frowning2:

Apr 16, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #73 of 9,829
Will it still come with two pairs of cables?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back