Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Dec 11, 2018 at 4:38 AM Post #6,376 of 9,829
Yeah I read here somewhere on removing the foam bit from Symbio W.. I did that and can confirm - am now getting the best seal and these sound amazing. I may have found the perfect tip pairing personally. My ears are also weird - Large ones create the perfect seal on my left ear, and mediums for my right. Acoustunes AET07 are also very good.

Dec 11, 2018 at 10:17 AM Post #6,378 of 9,829
Yeah I read here somewhere on removing the foam bit from Symbio W.. I did that and can confirm - am now getting the best seal and these sound amazing. I may have found the perfect tip pairing personally. My ears are also weird - Large ones create the perfect seal on my left ear, and mediums for my right. Acoustunes AET07 are also very good.

+1 on the Symbio W without foams. I get such great seal (Large here) that I ordered 6 more sets (they are now being sold w/out foams too). I finally broke down and got the Andromeda last BF B-Stock sale and I couldn't be happier...despite having the Cayin N3 as my only source so far. I know everyone swears by the ZX2 but I see you have a ZX300, how do you like it/does it sound? :)

Dec 11, 2018 at 10:24 AM Post #6,379 of 9,829
+1 on the Symbio W without foams. I get such great seal (Large here) that I ordered 6 more sets (they are now being sold w/out foams too). I finally broke down and got the Andromeda last BF B-Stock sale and I couldn't be happier...despite having the Cayin N3 as my only source so far. I know everyone swears by the ZX2 but I see you have a ZX300, how do you like it/does it sound? :)

I have only used my ZX300 with the Andromedas exclusively, using 4.4 balanced output. It sounds fantastic - but also worth noting that I only have an iPhone to compare so that won't be a fair one. I have not noticed any hiss considering how source picky this IEM is.

Go balanced when you plan to use ZX300; just better all around dynamics than the regular SE output.

You should give it a try... the local audio groups here swear by it!

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #6,380 of 9,829
I have only used my ZX300 with the Andromedas exclusively, using 4.4 balanced output. It sounds fantastic - but also worth noting that I only have an iPhone to compare so that won't be a fair one. I have not noticed any hiss considering how source picky this IEM is.

Go balanced when you plan to use ZX300; just better all around dynamics than the regular SE output.

You should give it a try... the local audio groups here swear by it!

Thanks for your feedback! I guess I will start saving up :) oh before I forget, which balanced cable are you using?

Dec 11, 2018 at 12:48 PM Post #6,381 of 9,829
Just sitting at work playing with my MadarinEs And I finally just understood that I can take the foam bit out.... Duh

Dec 11, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #6,382 of 9,829
Just sitting at work playing with my MadarinEs And I finally just understood that I can take the foam bit out.... Duh

:ksc75smile::metal:

Dec 11, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #6,383 of 9,829
Dec 11, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #6,384 of 9,829
There still seems a lot of interest in the Nova and the Andromeda.

The stats or readers of the reviews of both on my blog are still steady week by week.

I ummed and ahhed for a while but I'm very happy with my Andromeda's, especially now I've got their fitment better (memory wire and one medium and large foam tip). Am certainly not rushing out to upgrade even though Solaris are getting lot's of praise - which are a shedload of money to me.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2018 at 9:24 PM Post #6,385 of 9,829
Thanks for your feedback! I guess I will start saving up :) oh before I forget, which balanced cable are you using?

i use the Fiio LC-4.4C that i bought from AliExpress. Not too expensive and it looks good.

Dec 13, 2018 at 11:53 AM Post #6,387 of 9,829
I ummed and ahhed for a while but I'm very happy with my Andromeda's, especially now I've got their fitment better (memory wire and one medium and large foam tip). Am certainly not rushing out to upgrade even though Solaris are getting lot's of praise - which are a shedload of money to me.
Yes, it took me a few days fiddling with my Andro SS's to get the best fit. I'm ordering custom sleeves from Snugs.com this weekend, tho. They have Andromeda form on file and all i have to do is send them my ear impressions. Cant wait!

Dec 13, 2018 at 12:21 PM Post #6,388 of 9,829
Jvc Spiral Dot are the way to go with Andro imo.Natural tonality,good sparkly highs and wide soundstage due to wide bore with Symbio W minus foam a close second if you prefer that sort of timbre.With Atlas Final e tips still number one for me due to excellent tonality,fantastic timbre and deep sub bass while Jvc 2nd place as mids lack a bit of intimacy and overall tonally a bit off despite big airy and balanced overall sound.

Dec 13, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #6,389 of 9,829
Jvc Spiral Dot are the way to go with Andro imo.Natural tonality,good sparkly highs and wide soundstage due to wide bore with Symbio W minus foam a close second if you prefer that sort of timbre.With Atlas Final e tips still number one for me due to excellent tonality,fantastic timbre and deep sub bass while Jvc 2nd place as mids lack a bit of intimacy and overall tonally a bit off despite big airy and balanced overall sound.
The symbios minus foam left me cold. Thin, cheesy with no bass. I actually like the CA marshmallows the best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back