Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Sep 18, 2017 at 11:16 PM Post #4,426 of 9,829
I personally enjoy the Andromeda with regards to sound signature more than the U18 Tzar and the tia Fourté.

Demoed the Andro vs U18 (Apex M15). I have to say I am quite impressed with the Andro as it is definitely competing against the U18. Both have a wide soundstage, good separation, and HD800 level of detail.

Wow, it's really competing with the likes of the U18? I'm impressed

Guys whatever you do, don't tell hung this! He spent $3000 on a A18 Tzar.
he even said Andro is midfi. Oh well...
Screenshot_258.png

giphy (1).gif

Sep 18, 2017 at 11:24 PM Post #4,427 of 9,829
Of cuz I am not saying the Andro is better than the U18. Both of them are perfectly good iems. The U18 still pulls ahead in particular aspects. After comparing between Andro, Encore, Katana, VE8, QDC CH8, UM Mason V2 and U18, I have to give the edge to U18 and that's why my first pair of CIEM, A18, is on the way.......

The Andro still holds up its strength against all those totl ciem with its unique signature and that's why I will be keeping the Andro along with the incoming A18. I guess I will set my SE846 free.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2017 at 11:27 PM Post #4,428 of 9,829
Of cuz I am not saying the Andro is better than the U18. Both of them are perfectly good iems. The U18 still pulls ahead in particular aspects. After comparing between Andro, Encore, Katana, VE8, QDC CH8, UM Mason V2 and U18, I have to give the edge to U18 and that's why my first pair of CIEM, A18, is on the way.......
ah ok!

Sep 19, 2017 at 5:28 AM Post #4,429 of 9,829
Its the sound signature of Andro that grabs their ears.

Some IEMs can lose out in some aspects but whether it is "nicer" to listen to is another category.

Sep 21, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #4,430 of 9,829
Hi,
I picked up a andromeda iems from head-fi and they are on route to me. I plan to drive them with Samsung Note 8. Concerning the hiss, which of these two are my best bet; ifi iematch or smsl idea. I read that the later helped clean up the hiss and played pretty well.

Let me know your thoughts.

Sep 21, 2017 at 6:02 PM Post #4,434 of 9,829
The iFi ieMatch dont really goes well with the Andro IMO. It significantly changes the sound of the Andro as it is super sensitive to any changes. It does not have much audible effect on my SE846 other than reducing ground noise and lowering the volume

Sep 21, 2017 at 7:43 PM Post #4,435 of 9,829
Thank you.

just placed an order on ebay. i will post in my thoughts how it goes.

Regarding the tip rolling, is JVC spiral dots a better suggestion for my current setup?
Best tips with Andro... i will recommend Symbio MandarinEs W

Sep 21, 2017 at 8:45 PM Post #4,437 of 9,829

Yes. It sounds as neutral as the Silicon tips given with Andro but a lot better isolation.

Best if you buy the multi size to see which fits you better. They may be a little bigger than normal tips.

Just google a bit and read the reviews before buying. Some experience some discomfort after long listening. For me few hours is ok for me, sometimes after long listening if my ears have some condensation happen inside, will be a bit discomfort.

If not great tips.

Sep 22, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #4,438 of 9,829
The Andro really requires a hell lot of effort in paring a DAP. The degree of sensitivity sometimes become a flaw of these earphones. While I am listening on the Andro balanced on Onyko DP-S1 it sounded great. Then I wanted to share the great sounding of the Andro to my friend. He turned on the same song from his DAP, Onyko DP-X1 balanced. However, it sounded extremely thin and with very noticeable treble sibilance, it sounded just like playing a song from an old smartphone speaker. I then suggested him to listen the same song on my Onyko DP-S1 and it sounded perfectly good. I transfed my Flac file to his player to make sure it is not the problem from his cd rip. Even DAP from the same brand and same product lineup with very similar specs and design could make such a big difference on the Andro....

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #4,439 of 9,829
Yeah, it's due to the under 10k treble lift. If the DAP tend to be articulate in the region, it will seem emphasized due to the lift.

Unfortunately, impedance will probably not touch that region due to having significant impedance in that region.

Transient response though is rediculously good on the Adro. You get extrememly high separation and clarity with the Andro like modern music you've never heard it like before.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back