Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Feb 4, 2017 at 3:55 AM Post #3,601 of 9,829
Might have different sized ear canals and need different sized tips in each ear

I think you're right...I thought my right ear had smaller canal, but strangely having a larger tip in my right ear than my left is more comfortable. What is this sorcery 
confused.gif

Feb 4, 2017 at 3:56 AM Post #3,602 of 9,829
I think you're right...I thought my right ear had smaller canal, but strangely having a larger tip in my right ear than my left is more comfortable. What is this sorcery :confused:  

Its normal. Sometimes i felt mine will expand or contract.

Feb 4, 2017 at 4:10 AM Post #3,604 of 9,829
Thanks for the reassurance. Too bad I don't have any other size for the spiral dot tips...gah it's a pain to find single pairs.
Why not try the default silicon tips?

Feb 4, 2017 at 5:56 AM Post #3,606 of 9,829
Why not try the default silicon tips?

I did. The stock silicone tips measure about 10mm, 12mm, didn't measure the largest one. My 11mm MS sized spiral dot tips fit my right ear perfectly and the 12mm stock is too big. The 10mm stock tip was too small for my left ear, couldn't create a seal. I have a pair of M sized spiral dot tips which measure 12mm, but stock medium is slightly smaller than the spiral dot tips, so the 10mm spiral dot should fit perfectly for my left ear. I need to order those :frowning2: I also have spinfit tips and they are the largest. The 11mm spinfit tips are almost as large as the 12mm stock one.

Feb 4, 2017 at 6:44 AM Post #3,607 of 9,829
Yeah i have three sets of jvc.

One different size in each ear.

I find i need larger in the summer, and smaller in the winter. Hence the three sizes.

Also some iems work better with different sizes.

I am thinking of buying one more size.

Feb 4, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #3,614 of 9,829
Here you go.

The first photo best shows how they match up in size (by the jvc i have).

JVC is more thicker in the silicone body/build.
Also more bulbous. Also seems slightly taller.

The CA stock seems a bit more flat top pyramid shape. Large is bulbous, not as much as the jvc, Med slightly so. Softer shell.

5999f2f4259da190a250c1a67f09f338.jpg

Here are the ones i have side by side. I dont know what size JVC ST would match the small CA Stock

c1ca94447fc545e221db042f5709320b.jpg

4bab4d535ec3aaa54784124cd4f5a083.jpg

Feb 4, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #3,615 of 9,829
Here you go.

The first photo best shows how they match up in size (by the jvc i have).

JVC is more thicker in the silicone body/build.
Also more bulbous. Also seems slightly taller.

The CA stock seems a bit more flat top pyramid shape. Large is bulbous, not as much as the jvc, Med slightly so. Softer shell.

Here are the ones i have side by side. I dont know what size JVC ST would match the small CA Stock

Thanks! CA stock tips definitely have a smaller bore than spiral dot tips. I can get a better fit with the stock, but I wish they offer more sizes. The spiral dot tips are very special and I think it does well with andromeda, I can just sense the difference in soundstage depth vs. spinfit tips right away. Spinfit tips lacks depth, but width and layering is about the same resulting in a flat 2d sound. It sounds pretty good though. Less bass response with slightly attenuated treble response vs. spiral dot tips does well my low output imp source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back