Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Sep 7, 2016 at 6:44 AM Post #2,717 of 9,829
Can't say about the warranty, but try swapping the cable connection...left to right, right to left. Just to check if the problem follows the cable or if it's isolated to the bud itself. It may sound like a waste of time, but the more information you can get by troubleshooting the easier to determine what warranty action you may be looking forward to. 

Tried with different cables, the default one that comes with Nova and my Linum BaX cable, both exhibit same behavior. I guess I can assume this should be the issue on the IEM itself. Thanks :)

Hey Jeffri,

Its best to contact Campfire if you think you have something not 100% with your IEMs. We can do some testing here and see if there is anything up with your IEMs.

support@campfireaudio.com

Thanks

Ken

Hey Ken, thank you for that. I'll contact the support shortly. :)

Sep 7, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #2,718 of 9,829
I just started using my AK70 without the Mojo with the Andromeda, and I have been presently surprised. It actually is my second favorite pairing after the Paw Gold. There is no hiss, wide sound stage, and good separation with instruments. There is more of a focus on mids and not as much on bass which some people might not enjoy.

Sep 7, 2016 at 7:02 PM Post #2,719 of 9,829
Latest word is the Andromeda is currently in production and will ship late September... When I ordered mine a week and a half ago, I was told it would take about a week to ship. I'm very disappointed in the bait and switch tactics here... Kind of expected a little better from ALO Audio and Campfire... Probably worth keeping in mind if you're thinking about ordering these. Part of the reason I ordered them was because the wait time wasn't going to be long. Would have looked elsewhere if I knew it was going to be a month.

Sent from my E5803 using a highly trained, special forces carrier pigeon

Sep 7, 2016 at 7:11 PM Post #2,720 of 9,829
Latest word is the Andromeda is currently in production and will ship late September... When I ordered mine a week and a half ago, I was told it would take about a week to ship. I'm very disappointed in the bait and switch tactics here... Kind of expected a little better from ALO Audio and Campfire... Probably worth keeping in mind if you're thinking about ordering these. Part of the reason I ordered them was because the wait time wasn't going to be long. Would have looked elsewhere if I knew it was going to be a month.

Sent from my E5803 using a highly trained, special forces carrier pigeon

Grumpy

So we are not trying to "bate and switch" here?! We have a phone number posted on the website and I encourage people to call, leave a message if we are unable to pick up or call back we are here to answer questions and speak to customer and are not hiding or anything. We have repeatedly stated that we are experiencing problems getting our current green shells anodized and are working through the issues and have been slowly shipping orders as we get them. I am not sure where the estimate of a week was given or how but again this was and is a estimate.

What is your order number and I can refund your payment.

All we are sorry for the delays in filling orders and are working very hard to fix our production slow downs but please know that the LAST thing we want to do is not ship order or cause any disappointed customers.

Thanks

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Sep 7, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #2,722 of 9,829
Was just trawling through some Japanese websites and I noticed that they indicated back in May (!) that the Campfire Audio Lyra was being discontinued due to manufacturing processes. Anyone heard something similar. Would be a pity for the only dynamic driver model to be put out to pasture.

regards,

Giles

Sep 7, 2016 at 8:40 PM Post #2,723 of 9,829
  I just started using my AK70 without the Mojo with the Andromeda, and I have been presently surprised. It actually is my second favorite pairing after the Paw Gold. There is no hiss, wide sound stage, and good separation with instruments. There is more of a focus on mids and not as much on bass which some people might not enjoy.

I see you're in Boston. I'm in RI but honestly probably won't get up there anytime too soon. The cable that I'm currently auditioning with the Andromeda results in all of the bass you could ever wish for out of the Andro's. I'm in absolute awe every time I get the chance to listen. So there are options for those that want more bass, and the mids and highs are not sacrificed at all. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 8, 2016 at 1:50 AM Post #2,724 of 9,829
Just a vote in CA's favor - I had exemplary service from them where they accommodated my unusual situation happily and really went above and beyond. These are folks I'd happily give some latitude to to deal with issues they're having.

FWIW, YMMV and all that.

Sep 8, 2016 at 5:43 AM Post #2,725 of 9,829
I absolutely adore my Andromedas. I certainly was not expecting that this IEM would trounce my HD800S for listening enjoyment.

Tried the Andromeda with a Mojo at Canjam. It was way too bassy. It's a shame cause otherwise the sound was exceptional but I value a neutral sound and this wasn't it.

This crazy sensitive Andromeda pairs better with higher output impedance DAPs (1-3ohms) like Sony ZX2, QP1R or even phone jacks like iphone 6S.

Sep 8, 2016 at 6:00 AM Post #2,726 of 9,829
Just a vote in CA's favor - I had exemplary service from them where they accommodated my unusual situation happily and really went above and beyond. These are folks I'd happily give some latitude to to deal with issues they're having.

FWIW, YMMV and all that.

Campfire Audio gave an excellent service to another unusual request of mine. I lost the Andromeda leather case whilst in a trance listening to a Bruckner symphony!

I enquired with them as these cases were not available for sale separately.
They started selling them as single items after my request for the benefit of end users.

That being said in the mean time I started using a Peli case that holds my beloved Andros in a cosier protective shell.

Sep 8, 2016 at 6:21 AM Post #2,727 of 9,829
I absolutely adore my Andromedas. I certainly was not expecting that this IEM would trounce my HD800S for listening enjoyment.

Tried the Andromeda with a Mojo at Canjam. It was way too bassy. It's a shame cause otherwise the sound was exceptional but I value a neutral sound and this wasn't it.

This crazy sensitive Andromeda pairs better with higher output impedance DAPs (1-3ohms) like Sony ZX2, QP1R or even phone jacks like iphone 6S.

I'm thrilled that I'm getting SQ that folks are equating with HD800s and Utopia levels of quality for what's relatively a steal. It really takes the edge of the upgrade urge :). Interestingly I like Andromeda out of Mojo, though I have a 20 ohm impedance adapter coming (stuck somewhere in customs purgatory right now) to lighten it up and lift them out of the noise floor. I'm curious to hear what that does.

Sep 8, 2016 at 7:16 AM Post #2,728 of 9,829
Yeah if you have a Mojo it is worth a try. But it is not worth to buy a Mojo or any device with very low output impedance for the Andros.

The Andromedas are better than the HD800S in my opinion for my personal music preference that is classical music.

The HD800S I had it since January. Had the HD800 before then. Paired to the Schiit Yggy and Rag it is fine sounding but the mids are too recessed making violins less energetic and further away. Opera voices are anaemic too as a result of its skrewed up tuning.

Believe me I tried to get used to the HD800X sound but the Andromeda was a real game changer.There I was listening to an IEM that equals speakers in tuning. Great bass that does not muddy the mids. Mids to die for and treble sparkling with such great effect that it gives me goosebumps listenig to orchestral works through them. Yeah BA timbre is still there compared to dynamics but everything has its pros and cons.

Andro tuning is just perfect for me. The only headphones that somewhat equaled its tonality at Canjam London were Focal Utopia and SR009 on BHSE. The Utopia is on my hit list when my wallet recovers from intensive care!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back