Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jul 24, 2016 at 8:53 PM Post #2,416 of 9,829
Jul 24, 2016 at 9:14 PM Post #2,417 of 9,829

There has been a shell redesign.

Check out the addition of 2 new facets,

This is the one that I received two days ago.  I am 100% satisfied with this purchase.

Jul 24, 2016 at 9:24 PM Post #2,418 of 9,829
Hi Jalo,

Ken himself has confirmed that there wont be any Mk2 versions just a slight cosmetic change for better ergonomic fit. I believe this wont be reflected in pricing as many have already received the modified/new batch. Please do go back a couple of pages as there are details confirming this as well.

In other words no one has to worry about price change for now
biggrin.gif

cheers

Quote:

So impressions of the Noble Katana are gradually coming in, the general consensus is that bass is less than the K10 and it is more neutral and focused on treble and imaging. Sounds similar to the Andromeda's strength and focus to be honest, only the Andromeda is almost half the price of the Katana. I haven't heard the Katana myself, but unless it is miles better than the Andromeda (which I doubt anything can be at this point), the Andromeda stands to be of extraordinary value

I would agree to the "extraordinary value" statement even though $1,099.00 is a lot of money anyway you look at it.  But what I am worry is if Ken come up with some slight cosmetic modifications, calls it mkII and bump the price up by another few hundred dollar.   

Jul 24, 2016 at 9:24 PM Post #2,419 of 9,829
I can confirm the new CNC casing. Ken has already confirmed no andromeda 2. Nothing to worry about. The revision was just a small shell modification. Comfort is great. Not sure how it was before but no problems for me so far

No. Ken confirmed on this thread that there has been no modification at all but may be one in the future. I don't know why people keep spreading this misinformation in direct contradiction with what the manufacturer himself said.

Jul 24, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #2,420 of 9,829
No. Ken confirmed on this thread that there has been no modification at all but may be one in the future. I don't know why people keep spreading this misinformation in direct contradiction with what the manufacturer himself said.
Lol. Look at the two posts directly above yours.

Jul 24, 2016 at 9:44 PM Post #2,423 of 9,829
I can confirm the new CNC casing. Ken has already confirmed no andromeda 2. Nothing to worry about. The revision was just a small shell modification. Comfort is great. Not sure how it was before but no problems for me so far

do you own a new CNC casing revised Andromeda or did Ken confirm to you? 

Jul 24, 2016 at 10:02 PM Post #2,425 of 9,829
Folks are comparing the Jupiter castings to the Andromeda casting. The Jupiter was released with earlier made castings. It wasn't like there were a bunch of Jupiter castings sitting around and somebody said "Hey...lets use all those casting we're sitting on and make another IEM." The conversation I had with CA was that new castings would not be coming anytime soon, at which point I placed my order. My Andro's have the same exact facets as shown above. No fit or discomfort issues. But half of the owners don't have old castings and half have new. But if people NEED something to talk about...have at it...lol

Jul 24, 2016 at 10:16 PM Post #2,426 of 9,829
So what everyone is saying is that the revised casings (with the 2 facets) have NOT taken effect and Andromedas ordered now or next batches to be arriving to distributors / online orders might simply be the original variant with no 2 facets? So how did someone get their hands on the 2 facets one and posted the picture here, was that only a prototype? 

Jul 24, 2016 at 10:23 PM Post #2,427 of 9,829
To settle all the confusion

1) There are 2 Andromedas

2) The first batch has slightly sharper angles, like the Jupiter. The second batch has more tapered and less acute angles

3) internally, they are IDENTICAL as mentioned by Ken. This is not a V2, just a slight refinement to cater to the needs of the customers.

4) only the second batch will continue to be produced.

I hope this clear things up. Whatever it is, it is not a cause for concern. They are, apart from those Two facets, exactly the same.

Jul 24, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #2,428 of 9,829
To settle all the confusion

1) There are 2 Andromedas

2) The first batch has slightly sharper angles, like the Jupiter. The second batch has more tapered and less acute angles

3) internally, they are IDENTICAL as mentioned by Ken. This is not a V2, just a slight refinement to cater to the needs of the customers.

4) only the second batch will continue to be produced.

I hope this clear things up. Whatever it is, it is not a cause for concern. They are, apart from those Two facets, exactly the same.

This is not what Ken has said right here on this thread. What is your source and why would Ken not be forthright about these changes? 

Guys, There is no v2 or significant change in any of our earphones. There may be a very slight CNC change in the future but we are not sure when that might happen right away. We were thinking of making 2 angles a little smoother but this is not critical and side by side hardly noticeable. I think for clarification sake I must state that Campfire Audio is a very small batch operation and we literally make like 15 IEMs a day by hand here in my shop. I am very close to my CNC shop which is also located here in Oregon and because we both are small shops we are able to make small tool changes fairly easily. The current hold up at the moment is screws, my screw mfg... screwed me :wink: We have not been able to ship because we do not have the fancy screws we are having custom made and its very frustrating at the moment.

Anyhow I think this v2 thing is being overstated and I apologize for the confusion and more so the delay in our production. We are working very hard to increase capacity as well as our process. I am investing heavily in Campfire Audio because we are very committed to making the best IEMs possible and we know that we can deliver something special to our customers. 

I thank you all for your continued patience. 

Ken

http://www.head-fi.org/t/805107/campfire-audio-introducing-2-new-models-hello-andromeda-and-nova/2010#post_12716293

Jul 24, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #2,429 of 9,829
  The Andros that I received last Friday apparently already has the two facets on the casing.  

Didn't I already said this above?

Jul 24, 2016 at 10:53 PM Post #2,430 of 9,829
So is it safe to assume that this slight CNC change has already been taken place, that the 'right away' in Ken's sentence "There may be a very slight CNC change in the future but we are not sure when that might happen right away." has already taken place.

Are we to take that since Jalo and themember who took the 2 facets photo before have already gotten their hands on the second version, that this is indicative of all Andromedas from this point forward will be version 2? (or are there still some version 1s out there). 

I am clarifying because I want to know which version I will be getting before paying. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back