Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jul 24, 2016 at 11:16 PM Post #2,431 of 9,829
OK, how about we just drop this please, and enjoy the Nova/Andromeda? I'm kind of tired sorting through the tit for tat stuff to get to the substance of the thread.

Does it really matter? The sound signature will not be changed. Just enjoy them, please.

Jul 24, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #2,432 of 9,829
OK, how about we just drop this please, and enjoy the Nova/Andromeda? I'm kind of tired sorting through the tit for tat stuff to get to the substance of the thread.

Does it really matter? The sound signature will not be changed. Just enjoy them, please.
technically, it may affect the sound to a certain extent bc of the placement in your ear

Jul 24, 2016 at 11:51 PM Post #2,433 of 9,829
This is not what Ken has said right here on this thread. What is your source and why would Ken not be forthright about these changes? 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/805107/campfire-audio-introducing-2-new-models-hello-andromeda-and-nova/2010#post_12716293
What's with the attitude? You asked a question, we've answered to the best of our knowledge. Don't like our answers then ask Ken directly yourself and quit being an a-hole on this thread.

On a different note I've been doing some tip rolling tonight and I'm leaning towards the Complys. The silicone tips make it a bit too bright for me and decrease the bass impact while the Complys go slightly in the opposite direction. Very similar to stock tips but I'm preferring them a bit more

Jul 24, 2016 at 11:55 PM Post #2,434 of 9,829
technically, it may affect the sound to a certain extent bc of the placement in your ear

Technically moving your head will change the sound, if the iem moves. That really isn't a valid argument. And if a unit is received with the "change", you would spend time adjusting the fit in your ear anyway, for your best sound signature; nullifying the issue even more.

Jul 24, 2016 at 11:58 PM Post #2,435 of 9,829
What's with the attitude? You asked a question, we've answered to the best of our knowledge. Don't like our answers then ask Ken directly yourself and quit being an a-hole on this thread.

On a different note I've been doing some tip rolling tonight and I'm leaning towards the Complys. The silicone tips make it a bit too bright for me and decrease the bass impact while the Complys go slightly in the opposite direction. Very similar to stock tips but I'm preferring them a bit more

I just wore out my first pair of the enclosed Comply's. All this meant is I went back to the original included foams. It is a kind of refreshing sound, too! A bit brighter, with still solid bass. I will probably go back to the Comply's; but this change is kind of nice.

Jul 25, 2016 at 12:14 AM Post #2,436 of 9,829
I just wore out my first pair of the enclosed Comply's. All this meant is I went back to the original included foams. It is a kind of refreshing sound, too! A bit brighter, with still solid bass. I will probably go back to the Comply's; but this change is kind of nice.
Yeah the stocks are just a tad brighter but still sound excellent. May swap back and forth as well to change it up. Silicones are definitely a no go though for me

Jul 25, 2016 at 12:19 AM Post #2,437 of 9,829
No. Ken confirmed on this thread that there has been no modification at all but may be one in the future. I don't know why people keep spreading this misinformation in direct contradiction with what the manufacturer himself said.

Misinformation? I actually bothered taking a photo to prove that there has been a slight shell redesign. Why not you look at currawong's and hisoundfi's pictures of the earlier version of the Andromeda and draw your conclusions from there.

Jul 25, 2016 at 12:30 AM Post #2,438 of 9,829
Yeah the stocks are just a tad brighter but still sound excellent. May swap back and forth as well to change it up. Silicones are definitely a no go though for me

Ditto, no silicones for me. Never have liked them. Just the way my ears are. Cheers.

Jul 25, 2016 at 4:04 AM Post #2,439 of 9,829
  Yes, I am almost done with high driver counts.  However, I think two drivers setup is still a touch too thin in the bass department. I am really happy with the five drivers arrangement in the Andromeda.  Even though you cannot call it bass heavy, but the Andromeda's bass is very very resolved and that makes it very enjoyable.  It just pops up when it needs to be, but never bleed into its neighbor.  It doesn't present itself unless being call upon at the right place, space and time. 

Have you heard the Nova? I don't think I'm hearing too thin bass on mine. Actually, they're regarded as the models with the strongest bass response from the current CA line up.

Jul 25, 2016 at 4:10 AM Post #2,440 of 9,829

Have you heard the Nova? I don't think I'm hearing too thin bass on mine. Actually, they're regarded as the models with the strongest bass response from the current CA line up.

i think lyra has more bass imo

Jul 25, 2016 at 4:57 AM Post #2,442 of 9,829
Lyra has same amount of bass as Nova, while nova do better texture than Lyra.
Lyra warmer sound signature than brighter Nova.

For me I would prefer nova too.
I prefer Nova to Lyra too bc Lyra has more bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back