Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jul 7, 2016 at 2:36 AM Post #1,952 of 9,829
Isn't that quite the colored setting?

You right, I set Eq on Normal and listen few hours and than switch back to iTunes Perfect and I did not liked anymore. Brain is funny thing.

I like Nova more and more. With new player in my iPhone Nova give me so much joy of listening. I do not miss details and separation anymore. Combo Nova and Kaisertone is phenomenal. Yesterday I try to compare K10U with Cowon Plenue D and my iP with Nova. It was hard to choose winner. K10U are great IEM, but Nova for its price ( Massdrop ) and concept are really special.
Few days back I purchased Jupiters for my Friend and I hope he will let me compare Nova and Jupiter side by side. I can´t wait for that.

Jul 7, 2016 at 2:52 AM Post #1,953 of 9,829
I'm worried about the paint wearing off issue now!
triportsad.gif

Quote:

who knows 1 year from now, there will be Andromeda V2 :smiley:

I'd like to see an improved version of the Andro!

I've been listening to the Andromeda on a 2-week loan and my impressions are quite positive. I like it better than the Jupiters (which were very good as well), with the Andros being cleaner, less warm in the lower mids.

I like the overall balance, love the detail and clarity, pretty good timbre and coherence for an armature iem, too. Subbass extension is passable, could be better for use during commute, but I like that the midbass isn't overly boosted in realtion to the subbass. The treble extends well for me, up to and past 16k, which is just peachy.

On a slight negative, there is a hint of sibilance and harshness on the volume and recording and ears I'm using
wink.gif
not bad at all but it's there. I'm only noting what I'm hearing in case someone is sensitive to treble, in which case I would avoid the Amdro, but most people won't have an issue with 95%+ of their recordings, I would guess.

These are very sensitive iems. With my apex glacier I do get a slightly fuller sound with more bass (welcome) than my ipod, but both are fine and lower on the volume scale. And there's some hiss, I should note, that's another red flag for some, depending on gear, etc.

The housing can be a little sharp, so I'm glad that it's being smoothed in future Andromedaa, I've heard. Also, the paint is just beginning to wear away already, not good, but doesn't affect the sound, of course.

Overall, these are really top-tier, glad to hear them.

Jul 7, 2016 at 2:55 AM Post #1,954 of 9,829
You right, I set Eq on Normal and listen few hours and than switch back to iTunes Perfect and I did not liked anymore. Brain is funny thing.

I like Nova more and more. With new player in my iPhone Nova give me so much joy of listening. I do not miss details and separation anymore. Combo Nova and Kaisertone is phenomenal. Yesterday I try to compare K10U with Cowon Plenue D and my iP with Nova. It was hard to choose winner. K10U are great IEM, but Nova for its price ( Massdrop ) and concept are really special.
Few days back I purchased Jupiters for my Friend and I hope he will let me compare Nova and Jupiter side by side. I can´t wait for that.

Cool, Jupiter definitely you will dislike the upper mids.
Try to tuning on EQ should be as fine.
Jupiter would be very richer detailed just find out yourself.

Jul 7, 2016 at 3:03 AM Post #1,955 of 9,829
Cool, Jupiter definitely you will dislike the upper mids.
Try to tuning on EQ should be as fine.
Jupiter would be very richer detailed just find out yourself.

I listen Jupiter already. It was just for short time, but I was impressed from 1st second. Nova did not impressed me that much from the start, but now I love them. It will be interesting to put them side by side.

Jul 7, 2016 at 3:11 AM Post #1,956 of 9,829
I listen Jupiter already. It was just for short time, but I was impressed from 1st second. Nova did not impressed me that much from the start, but now I love them. It will be interesting to put them side by side.

Actually most of IEMs, tried before and even Noble K10u or UM Marstro for me,there don't gave a Wow, maybe they need Amp for my iPod as well.

CA Jupiter really gave me a feeling WOW.
Cause I'd was like the creamy richer detailed and smooth mids with treble as well.

Jul 7, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #1,957 of 9,829
Actually most of IEMs, tried before and even Noble K10u or UM Marstro for me,there don't gave a Wow, maybe they need Amp for my iPod as well.

Cause I'd was like the creamy richer detailed and smooth mids with treble as well.

Andromeda vs Zeus vs Harmony 8.2 vs Aether vs ES60 vs SA-43 vs Samba vs Mason  ...
too many totl comparisons!

Jul 7, 2016 at 3:21 AM Post #1,958 of 9,829

I have K10u and they are very good with any source I ever try even without any amplification. With some more with some less. I got Cowon P1 and I love it, but battery live was so short, that I sold it. Now I have Plenue D, it is of course not that good as P1, but with K10U it is still a lot of good music. But I was looking for IEM, I will have on the go. To work, on bike etc. Take on these activities K10U is a bit risky considering they price. I had Trinity Atlas for these purposes, but when I found Campfire IEM I simply fall in love with they look. I´m mechanical engineer by profession and I really appreciate their industrial spirit. So when Nova appear on Massdrop, I simply jump on that opportunity. I do not regret.

Jul 7, 2016 at 3:32 AM Post #1,959 of 9,829

I have K10u and they are very good with any source I ever try even without any amplification. With some more with some less. I got Cowon P1 and I love it, but battery live was so short, that I sold it. Now I have Plenue D, it is of course not that good as P1, but with K10U it is still a lot of good music. But I was looking for IEM, I will have on the go. To work, on bike etc. Take on these activities K10U is a bit risky considering they price. I had Trinity Atlas for these purposes, but when I found Campfire IEM I simply fall in love with they look. I´m mechanical engineer by profession and I really appreciate their industrial spirit. So when Nova appear on Massdrop, I simply jump on that opportunity. I do not regret.

did u upgrade cable of k10u? personally i think it is necessary to upgrade cable of k10u.

Jul 7, 2016 at 3:34 AM Post #1,960 of 9,829

Anyway you can try it song : Coldplay- Every teardrop is a Waterfail, and do with compare as you prefer which brand and model out there :D

I can't stand for hybrid IEMs the sounds is pitching and mixed together, unlike Jupiter still drive as smoothly

Jul 7, 2016 at 3:38 AM Post #1,961 of 9,829
Anyway you can try it song : Coldplay- Every teardrop is a Waterfail, and do with compare as you prefer which brand and model out there
biggrin.gif

I can't stand for hybrid IEMs the sounds is pitching and mixed together, unlike Jupiter still drive as smoothly

u should try vision ears 6 xc or empire ears athena or kumitate trio. those 3 iems will tackle that song perfectly

Jul 7, 2016 at 3:56 AM Post #1,963 of 9,829

Sure, I have Toxic Silver Poison. And I fully agree with you, cable upgrade in most cases is step forward. I have orderd new cable for Nova as well.

definitely. the cable upgrade will enhance the sonic performance

Jul 7, 2016 at 5:29 AM Post #1,964 of 9,829
  Following the success of the award winning Campfire Audio Jupiter quad balanced armature in ear monitor and the single driver Orion IEM, Campfire Audio is happy to announce the final development and preview pre release of the 2 totally new in ear monitor models at this years Axpona show in Chicago, and then 10 days later at the fujiya avic headphone festival, The Campfire Audio Nova and Campfire Audio Andromeda

The Nova builds off the Orion model by refining and expanding on the foundation of the Orion. With its dual full range driver complement it delivers a full rich audiophile loving sound that leaves no portion of the frequency response un touched.

The Andromeda is Campfire Audios flag ship product, building upon the successes of Jupiter and further pushing the envelope of possibilities of the Jupiter, the Andromeda takes your listening pleasure to the next level. Enhanced mid rage and refined bass grip makes the Andromeda a truly out of this world listening experience!

Both new models come with custom made PVD silver machined watch screws and 100% CNC billet aluminum shells. The Nova and Andromeda shells now have chemically etched surface treatment then are bright dip anodized, emerald green (Andromeda) and gunmetal grey (Nova).

Both new offerings from Campfire Audio come with Campfire Audio's new litz wire IEM cable. This new IEM cable is a superior grade cable that rivals any "upgrade" IEM cable. Designed for both advanced ergonomics and sonic abilities this new cable delivers unparalleled sound right out of the box.

Andromeda and Nova are proudly built in the great state of Oregon US of A.

Campfire audio Nova $499 and Andromeda $1099

​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​

​

We are offering a special pre release pre order now, if you order now there is a discount on the Nova and Andromeda, 

http://www.campfireaudio.com/

Once we begin shipping the prices will return to normal. Preorder discount only applies to USA orders only.

Thank you Ken

Andromeda will be perfect for my dad.

Jul 7, 2016 at 5:43 AM Post #1,965 of 9,829
  Andromeda will be perfect for my dad.

Well, even when your dad got really old and his eyes went bad in the meantime, he probably won't need glasses to read the above post
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back