Campfire Audio Equinox Custom IEM - Beta
Feb 3, 2022 at 4:35 PM Post #166 of 195
Mar 14, 2022 at 1:45 PM Post #169 of 195
Woo!! Equinox has been shipped via 2 Day Fedex. Will get it Thursday :)

Would love updates from you!

Ordered a demo pair to try em out. Need something real comfortable and non fatiguing. Hopefully I like the signature.

Look forward to seeing your thoughts. If that's what you're looking for, these will be right up your alley.

Mar 14, 2022 at 2:23 PM Post #170 of 195
Would love updates from you!

Look forward to seeing your thoughts. If that's what you're looking for, these will be right up your alley.
haha, I've been enjoying all my sets wasn't sure where to begin. I'm overdue on impressions for all of them.

Yes, I love Equinox. When I first got it, was quite underwhelmed. Over time however Equinox started to grow on me. After a couple of weeks it has become an indispensable part of my collection. Sinful bass, a wonderful audiophile fit, this iem is my go to for smooth jazz. The cable is the most comfortable I've used as well. When paired with my iPhone 3.5mm-Lightning adapter, Equinox+iPhone is my go to portable, lush sound system.

I can't say enough good things about the audiophile fit. I am aching to see a new flagship from CFA with audiophile fit. Ken Ball's inspiration from FitEar's shallow fit has paid off highly.

Mar 17, 2022 at 4:26 PM Post #171 of 195
haha, I've been enjoying all my sets wasn't sure where to begin. I'm overdue on impressions for all of them.

Yes, I love Equinox. When I first got it, was quite underwhelmed. Over time however Equinox started to grow on me. After a couple of weeks it has become an indispensable part of my collection. Sinful bass, a wonderful audiophile fit, this iem is my go to for smooth jazz. The cable is the most comfortable I've used as well. When paired with my iPhone 3.5mm-Lightning adapter, Equinox+iPhone is my go to portable, lush sound system.

I can't say enough good things about the audiophile fit. I am aching to see a new flagship from CFA with audiophile fit. Ken Ball's inspiration from FitEar's shallow fit has paid off highly.

Can't agree more all around!

Hope we get some exciting announcements soon.

Mar 17, 2022 at 7:10 PM Post #172 of 195
Just got em. First impressions have me on the fence. I like the bass and general warmness. Maybe a bit too hot on top which maybe creates a bit of dip in the mids? I will have to do some A/B with other IEMs and see what I feel is missing from some tracks.

they seem very very sensitive. Listening volume 1/4 of the first bar on my Macbook Pro.

Mar 22, 2022 at 8:59 PM Post #173 of 195
Seal is a bit difficult with the demo nozzle shape being oval. Foam tips make it sound a bit too scooped. Silicone tips it seems more balanced. Definitely more bass quantity than Sony MH755. Does not seem to be fatiguing which is real important for me. Played around with EQ a bit and seems a bit more 1Khz to 6Khz clears it up for me with foams. Guess its hard to tell what its going to be like exactly when fully custom.

Some sleepmakeswaves and other guitar centric stuff seems a bit veiled but much better without foam tips. EDM is great though. LORN and Dolor sound fantastic with the sub bass rumble on these.

Mar 25, 2022 at 6:40 AM Post #174 of 195
First of all I'd like to say that CFA has been very responsive, professional and quick during my interactions with them.

I've been testing the Equinox against Audiosense T800 (8 BA), Sony MH755 (DD) and PMV PP (14.2mm Planar) and have found that the Equinox seems to have some significant veiling of keyboard/guitars in the mix.

Any opinions out there about the sound of the universal demo version versus delivered custom? I am wondering maybe I am barking up the wrong tree and should be looking at a Solstice instead.

Edit:

For example the first song, Fantasy, sounds a bit empty on the Equinox. The T800 is warmer but kind of bright and PMV PP fill out the mids enough to warm it up.

This song is very mid centric and seems to do really terrible on this demo pair for me.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2022 at 12:49 PM Post #175 of 195
First of all I'd like to say that CFA has been very responsive, professional and quick during my interactions with them.

I've been testing the Equinox against Audiosense T800 (8 BA), Sony MH755 (DD) and PMV PP (14.2mm Planar) and have found that the Equinox seems to have some significant veiling of keyboard/guitars in the mix.

Any opinions out there about the sound of the universal demo version versus delivered custom? I am wondering maybe I am barking up the wrong tree and should be looking at a Solstice instead.

Edit:

For example the first song, Fantasy, sounds a bit empty on the Equinox. The T800 is warmer but kind of bright and PMV PP fill out the mids enough to warm it up.

This song is very mid centric and seems to do really terrible on this demo pair for me.

Having both, and knowing your feedback on this so far, I definitely think the Solstice is more up your alley.

Mar 29, 2022 at 5:18 PM Post #176 of 195
Having both, and knowing your feedback on this so far, I definitely think the Solstice is more up your alley.
Thanks for the input. Equinox sounds great with lots of EDM I listen to but seems maybe not as versitile as I'd like.

Do you find your Solstice has enough sub bass quantity and extension? I have an Audiosense T800 which I find a bit too lean without EQ and it graphs with much more bass.

Apr 3, 2022 at 12:21 AM Post #177 of 195
Thanks for the input. Equinox sounds great with lots of EDM I listen to but seems maybe not as versitile as I'd like.

Do you find your Solstice has enough sub bass quantity and extension? I have an Audiosense T800 which I find a bit too lean without EQ and it graphs with much more bass.

It is a bit on the lean side, but not to the point fo where it is lacking.

I use our xBass feature whenever I need to add that missing quantity in...so it's not too much of a big deal for me.

Apr 3, 2022 at 9:56 PM Post #178 of 195
It is a bit on the lean side, but not to the point fo where it is lacking.

I use our xBass feature whenever I need to add that missing quantity in...so it's not too much of a big deal for me.
I use a variety of sources and work on the computer. Lots of the time I am just using an apple dongle dac. I can use PEQ on my ES100 but in general it's nice to just have something that does a good all around job on what I listen to.

I see you've got quite a few iems. I have a few universals but tend to stick to just one for very long periods of time. Not looking to spend north of $1000 on multiple ciems. Out of your lineup if you had to pick one that would play almost anything tastefully which one would you pick?

Apr 5, 2022 at 1:26 PM Post #179 of 195
I see you've got quite a few iems. I have a few universals but tend to stick to just one for very long periods of time. Not looking to spend north of $1000 on multiple ciems. Out of your lineup if you had to pick one that would play almost anything tastefully which one would you pick?

I sound like a broken record considering how much I happily shill it, but the UM MEST MK II is that IEM that does everything IEM right for me.

Apr 12, 2022 at 5:03 AM Post #180 of 195
I sound like a broken record considering how much I happily shill it, but the UM MEST MK II is that IEM that does everything IEM right for me.
Haha. I def have not heard those. They look pretty interesting though.

Did a bunch more A/Bing my entire collection against the Equinox demo unit today. Amazing Bass and I can really dig it listening to electronic but I can't get past it for rock music. I may ask to demo the Solstice but I find my almost a bit lean so it might not be for me. I reckon I might fall into the Solaris camp for CFA products. Though looking at the 2020 graphed against the Solstice it's pretty close.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back