Campfire Audio Equinox Custom IEM - Beta
Dec 10, 2021 at 4:52 PM Post #151 of 195
I listen to mine almost daily and I think they're fantastic. Definitely thicker in the lower midrange than the andro 2020, some vocals don't sound quite as forward, but to me they sound more realistic. Soundstage is nice, can't quite tell which is larger. Definitely a ton of detail coming through. More than any other DD iem I've ever heard. To me it rivals andromeda. And of course the fit is much, much better, even though I had to get a refit and all new impressions because of a poor audiologist.

Dec 10, 2021 at 8:03 PM Post #152 of 195
Do you by any chance have any other CAs you could compare your Equinox to? Thanks!
Yes I have a pair of Polaris 1's and the full size Cascades. The Equinox have much more up front presence than the Polaris and the bass and mids are much better also. Equinox has transparent highs, whereas the highs are a bit more sparkly on the Polaris, and the mids are not as lush. Polaris are great for the price, I use them for the gym. What sets aside the Equinox, imho, is the way the bass resonates- it is unlike any iem I have heard. It sounds as if there is a larger speaker box in play, not a ciem. They also bring out horns and strings with excellent realism. The detail is amazing- better so when u consider the pairing of detail and bass. This is a super tight, snappy bass- thanks to the adlc.All campfire iems ( and the Cascades- which I still think are relevant today and a bargain) share a pleasing Camfire audio "house sound".
Btw I just picked up an ifi Aurora - really cool unit.

Dec 15, 2021 at 1:29 PM Post #153 of 195
I listen to mine almost daily and I think they're fantastic. Definitely thicker in the lower midrange than the andro 2020, some vocals don't sound quite as forward, but to me they sound more realistic. Soundstage is nice, can't quite tell which is larger. Definitely a ton of detail coming through. More than any other DD iem I've ever heard. To me it rivals andromeda. And of course the fit is much, much better, even though I had to get a refit and all new impressions because of a poor audiologist.

Yes I have a pair of Polaris 1's and the full size Cascades. The Equinox have much more up front presence than the Polaris and the bass and mids are much better also. Equinox has transparent highs, whereas the highs are a bit more sparkly on the Polaris, and the mids are not as lush. Polaris are great for the price, I use them for the gym. What sets aside the Equinox, imho, is the way the bass resonates- it is unlike any iem I have heard. It sounds as if there is a larger speaker box in play, not a ciem. They also bring out horns and strings with excellent realism. The detail is amazing- better so when u consider the pairing of detail and bass. This is a super tight, snappy bass- thanks to the adlc.All campfire iems ( and the Cascades- which I still think are relevant today and a bargain) share a pleasing Camfire audio "house sound".
Btw I just picked up an ifi Aurora - really cool unit.

Thanks, guys. Right up my alley, and I am glad I went with it over the Solstice. I also unexpectedly got an Andromeda 2020, so they will provide a nice contrast to each other.

I loved the Polaris 1 and the Cascade, and the Campfire house sound that revolves between both of those units, so rest assured I will love the Equinox too!

I'm planning on using mine for the gym.

Thanks! Let me know if you have any Aurora questions privately or head over to our thread for it here if you have some impressions you'd like to drop them. Don't want to detract from Equinox!

Dec 15, 2021 at 4:24 PM Post #154 of 195
Thanks, guys. Right up my alley, and I am glad I went with it over the Solstice. I also unexpectedly got an Andromeda 2020, so they will provide a nice contrast to each other.

I loved the Polaris 1 and the Cascade, and the Campfire house sound that revolves between both of those units, so rest assured I will love the Equinox too!

I'm planning on using mine for the gym.

Thanks! Let me know if you have any Aurora questions privately or head over to our thread for it here if you have some impressions you'd like to drop them. Don't want to detract from Equinox!
I think you will love the Equinox! I wear mine to the gym. Did u go for the audiophile fit or the musician?
I rarely listen to my custom Nobles since getting mine.

Dec 20, 2021 at 5:30 PM Post #155 of 195
I think you will love the Equinox! I wear mine to the gym. Did u go for the audiophile fit or the musician?
I rarely listen to my custom Nobles since getting mine.

I went for audiophile!

Dec 20, 2021 at 5:40 PM Post #157 of 195
Received my Equniox today. Crazy fast turnaround time. Less than a week from when I placed the order (not sure if I got any special industry treatment, but I haven't heard anyone waiting over three weeks in general). Great experience from the Campfire team as always.

Coming from someone extremely used to deep-fit CIEMs, getting used to the audiophile fit will be an experience for me. That said, I know I already wish more companies would offer this option. It took me a few hours to find the right way to insert them, but after I got it locked down, it's pretty much perfect. Build and comfort is what we expect from Campfire at this point - nothing but nicely done.

Running through our Diablo and xDSD Gryphon, balanced, I can wholeheartedly say this is everything I imagined the Equinox could be. It's bringing back fond memories of trying the Equinox at my first show in 2018, at RMAF, and subsequently, owning the Atlas as one of my first proper IEM in my personal audio journey. The sound is warm, smooth, and inviting - bringing back what we loved about the Atlas but improved. The low end is my favorite part, with plenty of kick and slam for a shameless based like me, but it hits the spot on imaging and micro details. Nothing is really lacking, but what it does, it does really well - coherency, the strength of going with a single DD IEM

All in all, very happy with my purchase so far, and knowing me, I'm probably gonna get the Solstice too in the future.

Dec 20, 2021 at 5:40 PM Post #158 of 195
Dec 20, 2021 at 7:55 PM Post #160 of 195
I have the audiophile fit also. I was nervous when I ordered them, but they were definitely the right choice. Still really good isolation without having to pry them out of my ears with a spoon, like my Noble K10’s ( only exaggerating a little bit).

Jan 23, 2022 at 4:11 PM Post #162 of 195
I have the audiophile fit also. I was nervous when I ordered them, but they were definitely the right choice. Still really good isolation without having to pry them out of my ears with a spoon, like my Noble K10’s ( only exaggerating a little bit).

Audiophile was indeed the right choice for me, being a nearly month in now.

Look forward to your thoughts in comparison to the VxV because we basically have the same EDC set-up.

--

A little update from me: I'm very happy with my Equinox. I think second only to my VxV it's what I listen to the most out of anything I own. I loved it and the fit so much, I decided to order a Solstice too, and send my Andromeda to a good home that needed them more than me.

My Solstice should be here next week, so I'll be posting my feedback there on that thread.

Jan 23, 2022 at 4:34 PM Post #163 of 195
Audiophile was indeed the right choice for me, being a nearly month in now.

Look forward to your thoughts in comparison to the VxV because we basically have the same EDC set-up.

--

A little update from me: I'm very happy with my Equinox. I think second only to my VxV it's what I listen to the most out of anything I own. I loved it and the fit so much, I decided to order a Solstice too, and send my Andromeda to a good home that needed them more than me.

My Solstice should be here next week, so I'll be posting my feedback there on that thread.
Next week delivery? They must like you haha. They’ve had my impressions since the 10th, but no update :frowning2: haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back