Campfire Audio Chromatic Series
Dec 28, 2023 at 6:58 PM Post #316 of 462
Just ordered the Blue Essentials Cascara from Bloom. Excited to get a solid and fun but also high quality DD IEM with an MMCX connector, perfect for my Shure TW2 wireless setup. I needed something not crazy expensive to take with me out and about in the city. This is perfect, excited to hear their new DD technology and my first Campfire product.

Dec 29, 2023 at 12:01 AM Post #317 of 462
Just ordered the Blue Essentials Cascara from Bloom. Excited to get a solid and fun but also high quality DD IEM with an MMCX connector, perfect for my Shure TW2 wireless setup. I needed something not crazy expensive to take with me out and about in the city. This is perfect, excited to hear their new DD technology and my first Campfire product.
I'm excited to hear your impressions! I truly believe the Cascara is a steal at its price, especially the Essentials package!

Dec 29, 2023 at 2:19 AM Post #318 of 462
Can someone please give the impressions about Bonneville vs sony ierz1r?
Build: The Bonneville is significantly lighter and more comfortable than the Z1R and has a spout that is able to fit a far broader selection of eartips. It also has better MMCX connectors that are not recessed and hold onto cables much more reliably. That said, its overall build is more flimsy. One of the "faceplates" on mine was very slightly loose right out of the box.

Sound: It is much more mid bass heavy than the Z1R, though bass texture is a bit lacking IMO. Treble clarity, while not horrible, is also worse, with less sparkle and extension, though this does save it from the occasional sibilance of the Z1R's tuning. Overall I'd say it is a more "fun" and less analytical tuning, and probably a better choice for most people, especially considering the Z1R's comfort issues.

Dec 29, 2023 at 5:21 AM Post #319 of 462
Me too,mine from Supersonido.es, arrived yesterday, first toughts, the tips are not for me ears, glad i have many others, the sound with sp3000 at first is a litlle to much V shape, but after 3 hours is much better, the bass is insane

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2023 at 1:50 PM Post #320 of 462
Me too,mine from Supersonido.es, arrived yesterday, first toughts, the tips are not for me ears, glad i have many others, the sound with sp3000 at first is a litlle to much V shape, but after 3 hours is much better, the bass is insane
Did you tip roll with them yet?

Bloom audio shipped today with UPS but with Saturday delivery so I'll get it tomorrow! The know I live in NJ so it's a one day trip with ups. Those guys just have the best customer service - from this and other experiences. I know it's a small mom and pop operation so I love supporting those guys.

Dec 29, 2023 at 1:59 PM Post #321 of 462
Did you tip roll with them yet?

Bloom audio shipped today with UPS but with Saturday delivery so I'll get it tomorrow! The know I live in NJ so it's a one day trip with ups. Those guys just have the best customer service - from this and other experiences. I know it's a small mom and pop operation so I love supporting those guys.
Plus, you can’t complain about free chocolate bars with your earphone purchase. 😉

Honestly though, I buy from Bloom whenever I get the chance. Top notch people all around.

Dec 31, 2023 at 1:27 PM Post #323 of 462
Got the Cascara yesterday and used them quite a bit on a mass transit trip last night and this morning, and today for over an hour. I immediately hooked them up the Shure TW2 and this is a perfect TWS on the go system here with a pretty good ambient mode, a good EQ, custom controls, a sleek case that slides easily into sling bags,etc.... tactile buttons, the app is nice overall. Do wish they had AptXHD but AptX is my go to on the go. The Cascara sound pretty damn good for 499. Impressive organic sound with good detail but a lovely bass as well. Gonna tip roll, put them through their paces and do some A/B

PXL_20231231_180413799~2 (Medium).jpg

PXL_20231231_180437849 (Medium).jpg

Jan 4, 2024 at 7:38 PM Post #327 of 462
Amen to this. I could walk from this hobby right now with just Bonneville and SR35 and not look back. (Though I would miss my Trifecta.)
Since the SR35 was on sale at Addicted to Audio and having read your opinions on the combination of this and the Bonneville I just couldn't resist it.

I see what you mean now it's a fabulous combination.

Yes the SR35 has faults its UI isn't the quickest as others have pointed out, but my word sound isn't one of them!

Jan 4, 2024 at 8:44 PM Post #328 of 462
Since the SR35 was on sale at Addicted to Audio and having read your opinions on the combination of this and the Bonneville I just couldn't resist it.

Yes the SR35 has faults its UI isn't the quickest as others have pointed out, but my word sound isn't one of them!
I saw that deal but couldn't swing it after the Bonneville price. glad you like it! I'll be on the lookout for a deal down the road.

Jan 4, 2024 at 8:51 PM Post #330 of 462

I hands down think Bonneville + SR35 is one of the best combo’s available for just over $2k. I have some pretty good gear and I go for this combo regularly. Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back