Campfire Audio Chromatic Series
Oct 11, 2023 at 11:59 PM Post #46 of 470
You really are a terrible influence and my wallet is not going to be pleased with you. Campfire should probably be be giving you a cut of sales.

Anyways, I was checking out campfires website and even though they originally had a late october ship date listed and preorders werent supposed to open for another week or so, it now seems as if they are available to order and ship now. So the big questions now are... Essential or deluxe? I still mostly just use my mojo 2, so deluxe feels like its overkill as I dont need the extra cables. But the bigger question is... black or purple? I feel like black is likely what I would choose, but like you, theres a part of me that almost feels like purple is the color, so it should be purple. Only problem is that selecting purple pops up a message that says made to order and will add 1 to 2 weeks to the ship time.... what to do what to do.

Personally I would go for purple-- why get a "Chromaic Series" IEM in black? Unless color really isn't your thing. Personally l love the color, especially alongside my Eletech Victoria cable. I've had it for year and thing I've finally found the perfect aesthetic match for it.

IMG_7586.JPG

It really does seem like they're shipping them now. I'm not sure the "deluxe edition" is really worth it personally, especially since they give you the option of selecting a 4.4 cable if you want.

Oct 12, 2023 at 12:26 AM Post #47 of 470
Personally I would go for purple-- why get a "Chromaic Series" IEM in black? Unless color really isn't your thing. Personally l love the color, especially alongside my Eletech Victoria cable. I've had it for year and thing I've finally found the perfect aesthetic match for it.

It really does seem like they're shipping them now. I'm not sure the "deluxe edition" is really worth it personally, especially since they give you the option of selecting a 4.4 cable if you want.
....and order placed! Chose purple down the line, iem, cable (3.5mm), bags. I figure the same, go with the color theme. Hopefully it doesn't actually take an extra week or two though. Went with essential as i don't need the extra cables and likely won't use the leather case, and can always buy them separately later if I want.

Also figured that campfire has a good return policy, so if the fit is bad or the sound really doesn't gel with me somehow, I can always return for a full refund.

So, now hoping it really does ship out quickly. Exciting times ahead between this and the singularity, which also hopefully doesn't take too long to ship.

Oct 12, 2023 at 12:28 AM Post #48 of 470
....and order placed! Chose purple down the line, iem, cable (3.5mm), bags. I figure the same, go with the color theme. Hopefully it doesn't actually take an extra week or two though. Went with essential as i don't need the extra cables and likely won't use the leather case, and can always buy them separately later if I want.

Also figured that campfire has a good return policy, so if the fit is bad or the sound really doesn't gel with me somehow, I can always return for a full refund.

So, now hoping it really does ship out quickly. Exciting times ahead between this and the singularity, which also hopefully doesn't take too long to ship.

Congrats man I hope for yoursake that the "Ready to Ship" stated on the website was legit and not a glitch. That said it did say that going with purple would be a special order and take an extra week. Either way I'm excited for your thoughts.

Oct 12, 2023 at 2:09 PM Post #49 of 470
Congrats man I hope for yoursake that the "Ready to Ship" stated on the website was legit and not a glitch. That said it did say that going with purple would be a special order and take an extra week. Either way I'm excited for your thoughts.
Well, turns out it was a mistake and they didnt mean to make it available for sale just yet. Oh well. They will at least keep my order on file, so it should hopefully go out with the first batch of them in about two weeks. Though it does still sound like the purple is being produced differently and may still be made to order when sales go live. Guess now the real question is again which will arrive first, bonneville or singularity, my money is on bonneville.

Oct 13, 2023 at 2:24 AM Post #50 of 470
Anyone who's picked up one of these chromatic series units with the newer "time stream" cables, which way around are your ear hooks molded? My deluxe Supermoon came with two of the three cables seemingly molded backwards:

IMG_0400.jpeg

Oct 14, 2023 at 3:47 PM Post #51 of 470
Picked up the Ponderosa as well. A very warm tuning for sure. Right on the borderline of being muddy. Essentially a less bloated, more detailed Orbit. Not horrible, but definitely disappointing if you're expecting anything like an Andromeda. IMO not at all worth its current price, especially when you can get the Supermoon for just $300 more.

Also I guess "backwards" is the intended orientation for the time stream's earhooks... kinda weird CA, ngl

IMG_0404.png

Oct 15, 2023 at 9:38 AM Post #52 of 470
Anyone here compared the old and the new Supermoon? Are they actually same internally? The chromatic one does not mention 2-micron thick diaphragm anymore. Wondering if they cut costs on the driver as well..

Also how is the sound insulation on the Supermoon? Reviewers seem to avoid the topic altogether.

Oct 15, 2023 at 12:46 PM Post #53 of 470
Hola @Rockwell75 si tienes razón que suenan metálicos los agudos superiores stellar horizon pero es muy poco tengo también el solaris 2020 que para mi opinión tiene un bajo bueno pero coloreado ,pero los medios y agudos del solaris stellar horizon son mucho mejores que el solaris 2020 suenan tan transparentes y claros hay esta la diferencia de los 2 con los 2 creo que tengo todo cubierto gracias @Rockwell75 por esa crítica tienes razon

Oct 15, 2023 at 12:54 PM Post #54 of 470
Hola @Rockwell75 si tienes razón que suenan metálicos los agudos superiores stellar horizon pero es muy poco tengo también el solaris 2020 que para mi opinión tiene un bajo bueno pero coloreado ,pero los medios y agudos del solaris stellar horizon son mucho mejores que el solaris 2020 suenan tan transparentes y claros hay esta la diferencia de los 2 con los 2 creo que tengo todo cubierto gracias @Rockwell75 por esa crítica tienes razon

Hola chanflin65. Estoy agradecido por el Traductor de Google. Me alegra que estés disfrutando de Solaris Stellar Horizon. Mis impresiones se basaron en experiencias muy breves en CanJam. Mi Solaris favorito hasta ahora es el Solaris SE. Siento que tenía mejor textura de graves y medios que los demás. Me gustaría pasar más tiempo con Stellar Horizon para poder apreciarlo más. Por casi 3k, es más difícil de vender para mí que el Trifecta, que se ajusta más a mis preferencias. La Bonneville es, en general, más divertida y grandilocuente que la línea Solaris, con una respuesta de graves más deseable. Esta es una preferencia personal, entonces YMMV y todo eso.

Oct 16, 2023 at 8:58 AM Post #56 of 470
Also how is the sound insulation on the Supermoon? Reviewers seem to avoid the topic altogether.

It's pretty good. Poor isolation is something I tend to notice a lot as I listen out and about quite regularly, and I never had any issues with Supermoon there.

Oct 17, 2023 at 2:11 PM Post #57 of 470
Hello sorry fir my english and thank you for accept me
I have few question
Am going to buy supermoon but i just see now the boneville!
I listen neoclassic , orchestral /classic
Which you advise me better between them?
I live in german only can buy online so not can try how they sound !

2 question
Universal or audiophile fit diference?
Why in german them have same price 1700euro

I listen this kind of music

My actual earphone is shure 846

Oct 19, 2023 at 2:39 PM Post #58 of 470
@Rockwell75
How is the treble extension on the Bonneville? I’m a little concerned that not having EST’s won’t give me the extension and sparkle I’m looking for…

Oct 19, 2023 at 4:15 PM Post #59 of 470
Last edited:
Oct 19, 2023 at 6:49 PM Post #60 of 470
It looks like Bonneville is ready for sale now on CFA website -> https://www.campfireaudio.com/products/bonneville (shipping beginning on 10/26 tho)

I'm really looking forward for more impressions on this set :dt880smile:
And if you add one to your cart, you find that it is $1,949 - rather more than suggested at the beginning of this thread.

[Edit]:Oops! I see that $1949 is Canadian $$, not US....

I look forward to a review. I love my Andromeda 2020s, but the money we made on the sale of our house is burning a hole in my pocket...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back