Campfire Audio Ara
Sep 26, 2022 at 6:18 PM Post #301 of 316
So Spinfits cp145, one size smaller than what I used to wear did the trick. It tamed the highs and put a little bit more bass out.
Which is exactly what I wanted to achive, a more agressive Andromedas.

Seems like soundstage suffers a bit but I will keep rotating tips to find out the best brand to make both work, less highs and same soundstage, cuz the Andromedas are all over the place soundstage wise.

Overall, wonderful hobby 🤣

Jan 7, 2023 at 9:47 AM Post #303 of 316
I'm happy with ara, just one thing bothers me, it's too sensitive.when I pair them with mojo2, there is a lot of hiss and interference, is there any good solution to this trouble?thx

You could check out the iFi Audio iEMatch products. They do eliminate the hiss. But there are tradeoffs; I'm not keen on the way they deaden the sound slightly. Others, though, have no problem with this.

Sep 15, 2023 at 11:05 PM Post #304 of 316
IMG_6994.jpeg
Anybody know this brand of ear tips? They are very good so far on Campfire Ara. I found them in my stash, but there are no logo or marks I can see and no packaging.

The nozzle grill sits almost flush with the inner dome of the silicone.

IMG_6997.jpeg

Sep 15, 2023 at 11:36 PM Post #305 of 316
IMG_6994.jpegAnybody know this brand of ear tips? They are very good so far on Campfire Ara. I found them in my stash, but there are no logo or marks I can see and no packaging.

IMG_6997.jpeg
I’m interested in learning what brand those eartips are too! Very cool looking and I like how they are so flush with the Ara’s nozzle.

Sep 16, 2023 at 10:38 PM Post #306 of 316
Whatever these eartips are, they’re keepers. I like the stealth look of the included Final silicone. But the mystery clears are domed more, fill my ear better and put the nozzle ~1mm closer to the eardrum. Hope they last. Sound combo is best I’ve tried for IEM, period.

Still trying to decide if Cayin RU-6 or RU-7 dongle is a better match. RU-6 is smoother, I think. RU-7 is great detail and staging.
IMG_7019.jpeg

Mar 4, 2024 at 3:15 PM Post #308 of 316
I blind bought a set of these a couple of weeks ago at an incredible price due to stock being cleared at an online store and I have to say they are much better than I had even hoped!
I've had Andromeda S and 2020 before and liked both and in fact was about to get another set of 2020s until I saw the Ara deal, I'd always been curious so went for it. I don't have the Andros to compare to any more so won't try to do it from memory, but I will say that the density of the sound of the Aras is so satisfying in a way that the Andros never were. I'm using them from the single ended jack of a WM1Am2 and they sound amazing, I'm genuinely shocked at how they sound - I expected much lighter bass and a brighter sound in general. I bought them to compliment my 64 Volurs which have plenty of bass but to my surprise I don't find the Ara bass lacking at all..... sure the Volur has deeper and rumblier bass but the Ara is very good.
I just don't understand how my experience is so far away from many of the reviews I've read, they sound so dense and full but at the same time so clear with fantastic separation, not at all close to being sibilant. I realise the source effects these like the Andros but I never really liked the Andros with less than 1ohm output impedance, but these just sound fantastic.

I guess it just shows you really can only trust your own ears :)

Mar 4, 2024 at 4:14 PM Post #309 of 316
Anybody know this brand of ear tips? They are very good so far on Campfire Ara. I found them in my stash, but there are no logo or marks I can see and no packaging.

they look like the Tennmak Whirlwind. the ones I have are red and black though

Mar 12, 2024 at 4:51 AM Post #311 of 316
How does the CA Ara responde to impedance adapters? Would it be possible to boost the bass section with one? I might pick this up depending on that. Cheers.
A higher OI impedance (OI will be the same as the impedance of the adapter) results in less bass presence on the Ara. You will be best to pair it with a 1-ohm or sub-1-ohm source. Consider also putting some cloth/swab over the nozzle and you can tone down the high-end by a few dB giving the impression of greater bass.

Mar 12, 2024 at 7:38 AM Post #313 of 316
Interesting. Any pics of this solution? Can you get tips with cloth/swab already installed?
Just let an alcohol swab dry out, cut out a square 5mm or so and place it over the nozzle, secure in place with the ear tip. I'm sure there are options on the market that have this built-in but I have no experience with it. You can buy adhesive filters on Aliexpress also.

Mar 12, 2024 at 11:02 AM Post #314 of 316
A higher OI impedance (OI will be the same as the impedance of the adapter) results in less bass presence on the Ara. You will be best to pair it with a 1-ohm or sub-1-ohm source. Consider also putting some cloth/swab over the nozzle and you can tone down the high-end by a few dB giving the impression of greater bass.
Silver plated cables accentuate the high-end. So switch to a pure or OCC copper cable. It will also improve the bass.

Mar 12, 2024 at 3:25 PM Post #315 of 316

Users who are viewing this thread

Back