Campfire Audio Ara
Dec 3, 2021 at 8:00 PM Post #288 of 316
That sounds intriguing to say the least! Please enjoy and we look forward to your findings :)
If I could only get the USPS to deliver them I will listen to them! :). Ugh, hopefully one more day.

Dec 13, 2021 at 8:04 PM Post #289 of 316
I have the Zen DAC v2 too. there was background noise when I plugged the Ara in it . I bought the Topping A90 as head amp instead
Well, I took advantage of Campfire Audio's Black Friday / cyber Monday sale and ordered a set of the ARA's. Cant wait to get them in and give them a listen. I have a set of the Andromeda Gold Titanium from the Multiverse sales and they are awesome! I will be listening with an A&K SR25 as well as an iFi Hip Dac2 for my iPhone and iPad, and an iFi ZenDac2 for my MacBook Pro. Will do a compare / contrast post once I receive the Ara's and have given both of them some listening time!

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2021 at 6:06 PM Post #290 of 316
I promised I wouldn't return from vacation just to post reviews, until new year starts, but I had a one more video finished, so I thought it would be a great way to end the year with a boom!

Rather, this one's about an analytic IEM with tons of detail, one of my favorite presentations for 2021, the Ara IEM from Campfire Audio!!

Loving the comfort too, but you may know this, so I hope the jokes, background music and image quality in the video review will be enjoyable and help with ending 2021 in a neat way~

Sep 26, 2022 at 1:52 PM Post #291 of 316
Hey all,
Got the ARA just now, I like it very much as it is an in the middle child between the OG Andromeda and the OG Solaris, one thing bothers me, it's the treble sibilance and I am very sensitive to that, wondering if a good copper cable could mitigate that ? if so , what are some good recommendations from AliExpress ?

Sep 26, 2022 at 2:10 PM Post #292 of 316
Hey all,
Got the ARA just now, I like it very much as it is an in the middle child between the OG Andromeda and the OG Solaris, one thing bothers me, it's the treble sibilance and I am very sensitive to that, wondering if a good copper cable could mitigate that ? if so , what are some good recommendations from AliExpress ?
Why go cheap on a cable? Here is a better choice, https://doublehelixcables.com/product/dhc-symbiote-se-premium-occ-pure-copper-litz-iem-cable/

Sep 26, 2022 at 2:23 PM Post #293 of 316
Hey all,

do you find it more troublesome than Andro? presumably the issue would be 5-6khz in this case?

personally would experiment with tips (partiularly for smaller bore sizes and/or different insertion depths)

Sep 26, 2022 at 2:32 PM Post #295 of 316
do you find it more troublesome than Andro? presumably the issue would be 5-6khz in this case?

personally would experiment with tips (partiularly for smaller bore sizes and/or different insertion depths)
what tips would you recommend?
Currently using Spinfit CP145 L , Works great on the OG Andromeda and yes, I find the Andromeda's sound round with no edges and that's what I like about it :)

Sep 26, 2022 at 2:34 PM Post #296 of 316
Hey all,

Some have said that a deeper insertion depth helps with this. See here.

Sep 26, 2022 at 2:54 PM Post #297 of 316
what tips would you recommend?
Currently using Spinfit CP145 L , Works great on the OG Andromeda and yes, I find the Andromeda's sound round with no edges and that's what I like about it :)

Personally I also used spinfits (green-might be same model?) with Ara, down a size and longer compared to my normal shallow fit IEM size (usually medium), so that I could get a deeper insertion depth.

Though everyones ears have different shapes and canals, so YMMV obviously.

Narrower bores can also help attenuate upper-mid/treble AFAIK, so the included final audio tips might help too if you haven't tried those already.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2022 at 2:56 PM Post #298 of 316
Personally I also used spinfits (green-might be same model?) with Ara, down a size and longer compared to my normal shallow fit IEM size (usually medium), so that I could get a deeper insertion depth.

Though everyones ears have different shapes and canals, so YMMV obviously.

Narrower bores can also help attenuate upper-mid/treble AFAIK, so the included final audio tips might help too if you haven't tried those already.
I have a pair of the green ones, normally I use the blue ones, will def try that.

I also have a few Final Tips , let the testing begin :)

Sep 26, 2022 at 4:52 PM Post #299 of 316

Users who are viewing this thread

Back