Camerton Audio Binom-ER — Flagship Isodynamic (planar-magnetic) Headphones
Nov 3, 2023 at 12:56 PM Post #91 of 101
Great review from CMA but the price point is super scary. Especially with the cost of proprietary cables and pads.

In Canada where I live these are well over $10,000 with shipping and taxes. I can get a mint second hand Susvara as well as an LCD5 with money to spare.
Sure, budget-wise, it won't make sense to import them. We are currently looking for resellers in the USA.

Nov 3, 2023 at 12:58 PM Post #92 of 101
Sure, budget-wise, it won't make sense to import them. We are currently looking for resellers in the USA.
I'd love to get my ears on them. I'll add them to my CanJam list for SoCal 2024.

Jan 5, 2024 at 11:39 AM Post #93 of 101
Dear followers of the thread, after a lot of blood, sweat, and tears, I am finally sharing something I worked so hard on, something I invested so much time, energy, and self into. When I say blood, sweat, and tears, I don't imply it in a light way whatsoever. The true weight of the meaning may remain private, as that's the decision I have made.

Anyhow, I'll leave it off on a positive note and say that I hope you genuinely enjoy the read. My aim for this article was to strip if of any bullsh*t, and write something that is rich in substance. I did this for the people, because you guys deserve it. It took a lot of concentration and intellectual effort to do that. I hope that my article will aid anyone who is genuinely interested to learn about the Binom-ER.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/camerton-audio-binom-er-the-full-story-by-voja.971251/

Mar 29, 2024 at 9:46 AM Post #94 of 101
I strongly believe every follower of this thread deserves to be updated. With this said, it has come to my attention that Camerton has released a new color iteration of the Binom-ER. From the description, it's a silver-olive color scheme, and it also features an exclusive ear-pad configuration. The brand-new ear-pads are made to match the materials of the headband, Alcantara.

May be an image of speaker and text that says 'CAMERTON'

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2024 at 12:05 PM Post #95 of 101
Silver body + Olive Alcantara combination is gorgeous, pictures don't do it proper justice (sometimes I wish I had better "eye" for taking pictures but oh well, one cannot be good at everything :D)! In CMA's review's thumbnail, the light makes Binom look silver rather than black and when I found out few months ago that only black version exists, I was a bit disappointed. But then Pierre (official distributor from France) mentioned that if I'm willing to wait few weeks, I might be able to get one of the first silver ones. And the choice was simple - I waited and finally got them a week ago. Striking aesthetics, definitely not stealthy as full black version, and (judging from my very limited time on them) great performance as well!
Binom-ER-silver-olive.jpg

Apr 3, 2024 at 12:40 PM Post #96 of 101
Silver body + Olive Alcantara combination is gorgeous, pictures don't do it proper justice (sometimes I wish I had better "eye" for taking pictures but oh well, one cannot be good at everything :D)! In CMA's review's thumbnail, the light makes Binom look silver rather than black and when I found out few months ago that only black version exists, I was a bit disappointed. But then Pierre (official distributor from France) mentioned that if I'm willing to wait few weeks, I might be able to get one of the first silver ones. And the choice was simple - I waited and finally got them a week ago. Striking aesthetics, definitely not stealthy as full black version, and (judging from my very limited time on them) great performance as well!
Binom-ER-silver-olive.jpg
I like the first version better, it was more sleek. I liked the shine and unique look it had. However, those pads! Oh, my! Wish I had them :/ They look so comfy.

Apr 3, 2024 at 2:55 PM Post #98 of 101
I like the first version better, it was more sleek. I liked the shine and unique look it had. However, those pads! Oh, my! Wish I had them :/ They look so comfy.
The first working version of silver variant I've seen was with dark grey pads and I definitely prefer olive over that. Perhaps some lighter grey (something like in Focal Clear OG) might look better but all in all, decision to go with olive is not a bad one. If anything, it's quite a bit unique and I like that. That being said, I'm still thinking that I'd like to try leather pads at some point, on most of my headphones I strongly prefer leather pads over suede/cloth ones and I suspect I might with Binom ER as well. But must admit that suede pads are soooo nice to touch :)

Apr 3, 2024 at 3:00 PM Post #99 of 101
There might be soon an option for light grey alcantara instead of olive for silver finish. Also, you have the choice between 4 pad models : full leather perforated, hybrid fabric / leather, hybrid fur / leather and the latest arrival, full suede perforated.

Apr 3, 2024 at 3:17 PM Post #100 of 101
There might be soon an option for light grey alcantara instead of olive for silver finish. Also, you have the choice between 4 pad models : full leather perforated, hybrid fabric / leather, hybrid fur / leather and the latest arrival, full suede perforated.
Now, that, Pierre, that is the dream! But unfortunate that they won't be making their way to me.

Still, customers have plenty of options. It's almost endless options if you also consider aftermarket ear-pads.

Apr 28, 2024 at 11:08 AM Post #101 of 101
Any news (price, availability) about the "upgrade" to the "2024 version" ? Apparently, owners of the "old" version will have the possibility to upgrade their headphone...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back