Feeling pensive.

Fostex goodness.

You need hands...

Hugo, hugo, burning bright...

Raffle prizes.

Great shots Andy, 

What a great event !

May 10, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #172 of 196
Yep, great news. Really pleased it's sorted.  Nice one Andy!

beerchug.gif

May 10, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #173 of 196
  Nice pics Andy! :)

Big thanks to Andy for organising my replacement HE-6 drivers - its greatly appreciated! :)

I am back!! Lol -  just got everything reinstalled.

Hope everyones having a nice weekend :)

Hi Dill, 

Glad you got your HE6 back up and running with the assistance of Andy the "knight in shining headphones".

Would love to hear your setup again one day (as I was one of the lucky few who did early on), shame we did not get this hooked up with the Hugo, not sure if you got to listen to my Hugo or not or one of the others there on the day (if so what did you make of it?).

That MJ Speed Demon track you put on for us on your Mac through your HE6 was not the track I was referring to; the actual track I have was the Nero remix of Speed Demon, check that out on your HE6 as it is nothing like the normal version and will get your HE6's pumping and dancing as the Nero remix really does put speed into the Speed Demon song! 

Enjoy having your HE6's back anyway and hopefully see you next time ; )

May 13, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #176 of 196
The real lifesaver here is Mark Dolbear of Electromod, as he very generously supplied Dillan's HE-6 drivers free of charge when I explained what had happened to his headphones. So while it's nice to read the plaudits thanking me, really I'm just the messenger and Mark Dolbear deserves the real praise.

Thank you Mark! You're a true gentleman and friend of UK Head-Fiers.

Nice pics Andy! :)

Big thanks to Andy for organising my replacement HE-6 drivers - its greatly appreciated! :)

I am back!! Lol -  just got everything reinstalled.

Hope everyones having a nice weekend :)

May 13, 2015 at 12:12 PM Post #177 of 196
Thanks Andy,

I would like to thank Mark for this truly kind act! 

I can't explain how much I appreciate it for helping me out with my replacement drivers, you are a lifesaver!! I cannot thank you enough :)

I had a listening session with my HE-6 last night and they sound great! :)

May 13, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #178 of 196
  Hi Dill, 

Glad you got your HE6 back up and running with the assistance of Andy the "knight in shining headphones".

Would love to hear your setup again one day (as I was one of the lucky few who did early on), shame we did not get this hooked up with the Hugo, not sure if you got to listen to my Hugo or not or one of the others there on the day (if so what did you make of it?).

That MJ Speed Demon track you put on for us on your Mac through your HE6 was not the track I was referring to; the actual track I have was the Nero remix of Speed Demon, check that out on your HE6 as it is nothing like the normal version and will get your HE6's pumping and dancing as the Nero remix really does put speed into the Speed Demon song! 

Enjoy having your HE6's back anyway and hopefully see you next time ; )

Hi FortisFlyer75 - excuse me  if I can't remember your real name (I'm bad with names) was it John? 

I'd be happy to bring out my setup again for you to listen to, as well as for guys who didn't get to listen before. I'm up for a small meet sometime, similar the the evening TravelLodge bedroom mini meet :) -  (everyones invited), as well as coming to more Head-fi UK meets as they come up. Don't think guys can bring big items to the London Canjam, its a shame. I'll be there anyways :)

I did get a chance to listen to the Hugo at the meet, I liked it a lot. I couldn't really gauge how good it was as I couldn't check it out on my set-up - Listened with the LCD-X and the LCD-3s I prefer the LCD-3s - but I felt it wasn't powered as much as I would have liked - I felt my Hifi-M8 powered the  LCD-3s better but the DAC wasn't as good.

I did check out the Hugo TT - this is the one I would have really liked to checkout on my system as it has balanced out and has a remote. One negative - I don't like the volume control on either Hugo. I did checkout the Hugo TT with Marks HE-560:) they sounded really good!!.  As it was the first time I heard the 560’s and with the Hugo TT - I couldn’t figure out all of the characteristics of each item, All I could do is compare them to my HE-6 setup. I listened to familiar tracks which I listen to regularly on my HE-6.

I was really impressed with the TT and 560. Not to sound bias, I would say that my setup was more transparent, holographic with more dynamics, fuller sounding with better controlled bass.  I think its my amping and power which has the advantage. As well as a well powered HE-6 which scales to the heights. The DAC section of the Hugo has the clear advantage. I would love to also checkout the 560 on other setups :) I heard it may do a couple things better then the HE-6, Its certainly easier to amp - which has big benefits if you want to travel around as well as how light it is! 

I did get hold of the MJ bad 25 album with the Nero remix of Speed Demon - It did get my HE-6 pumping and dancing with authority! :) sounds really good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back