Cambridge meet impressions, 25 April 2015
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 25, 2015 at 2:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 196

Duncan

Headphoneus Supremus
Here is the place to post all impressions etc from today's epic meet up...

May I be first in the thread to say thank you to organisers and attendees alike... Without you, there would be no head-fi :)

May the fun begin!

Apr 25, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #2 of 196
Let me re-iterate for the new thread ....

What a brilliant day, really big thanks to you mark and Andy, it was a great meet.

Met some really excellent people both old a new, really love these meets next cannot wait until the next one.

Apr 25, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #3 of 196
Great day, great people & great gear.

Thanks again to Andy & Mark. Did an excellent job. Loads busier than the last few have been. Need some alone time now though to burn in the Hugo! See you all soon!

Apr 25, 2015 at 3:08 PM Post #5 of 196
Hi

As previously stated, this was my first 'Head-fi' Meet.
I attended to hear one item, which wasn't configured as I wanted to hear it,so a bit of a waste of time!
Listened to a few other items but the noise was just too loud for any serious auditions.
Perhaps a few sessions of self imposed silence might be in order ??(may have been better for those interested in IEM's?)
Again, as previously stated,I'm  more in favour of private A/B auditions so if any Member wishes to meet up, please PM me.
(my interests are recorded on my profile and I would wish to audition similar products)

Thanks again to Andy and Mark for tremendous effort.
David

Apr 25, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #6 of 196
Thanks Mark and Andy it was a great day. Big thanks also to Brenda and co for the tea and refreshments. Really enjoyed are selfs. Star of the show for me was apart from Brenda the Didit Dac212 lovely just lovely. Heard some very nice woo audio amps as well. Nice to meet up with old friends and make new ones as well . Thanks once again.

Apr 25, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #9 of 196
Thanks Andy & Mark, kitchen staff and all the most helpful people who provided such varied gear and advice. Enjoyed Oppo amp, Audeze and Grado phones, but for most of the day was destined to buy HD800s, ended coming home with the Hugo :). Cheers Fortis and Criterion who are responsible for that! My wallet sends thanks.

Great day, see you all next year. Playing Blackbury Smoke's latest as I type this, through my cheapest phones, Musical Fidelity 100s, Hugo's making them sound a million dollars!

Apr 25, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #10 of 196
Hope everyone got back home/hotel today. I barely made the 0000 mark myself, the rain didn't help.

Apr 25, 2015 at 7:27 PM Post #11 of 196
Thanks to the sponsors, organisers, volunteers and the 90+ people who made it an enjoyable day.
I heard plenty of new products and combinations some of which I enjoyed, some which left me unmoved and some which I'd need to hear in a quiet room to appreciate further.
I particularly enjoyed the Audioquest Nighthawks and the WOO amps and still need to hear more music through the Moon NEO.

Hope to make the Aug 29/30 London CanJam - if the trains are running - so see some of you there...

Apr 26, 2015 at 4:33 AM Post #14 of 196
Which member was it that said they live in Stotfold BTW? I only live a stones throw away, so could be good for mini meets :)

Please feel free to PM me if you'd rather not publicly announce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back