Calyx PaT - The $99 Pocket Sized DAC/Amp for iOS, Android and computers
Jun 3, 2015 at 3:59 AM Post #16 of 65
  I'd be interested in that too. OTG has come a long way, as well as Android media control as well. I'm sure there is some way to control it. Either I will get this and wait on an AK Jr, or get an AK Jr :p

If they can control it with the Fiio e18 others can also

Yes, I'm sure it's possible to make this work today.

I really don't like using the touch screen when listening to music so for me the first good sounding device that can control android with external hardware buttons will be very interesting.

Jun 5, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #19 of 65
And E18 or the oppo HA-2 if someone heard them.
As compared to the e18 in regards to JUST SOUND.

The PaT is more textured and responsive sound. It is as warm as the e18 but with a touch more dynamic range and refinement. The calyx PaT sounds a bit more audiophile to me. Music is more engaging to my ears with the PaT.

Of course the e18 offers a ton more features, but all out SQ, I prefer the PaT.

Jun 8, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #20 of 65
Hi guys,

Thinking about getting one of these things.

I want to pair it with my iPhone 6 and JH16s. Anyone tried this combo?

I'll be using it with spottily premium (music on extreme quality), any idea how much it will improve music quality?

Has anyone noticed any hissing or anything?

Many Thanks

Ed

Jun 26, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #24 of 65
Hi Guys,

We noticed from the click throughs that you guys were talking about the Calyx PaT and I wanted to say thanks for the link to our store and if you have any questions let us know and we will do our best to answer them. Also we are offering free shipping to USA address!

Sean
Tactile Devices 

Jun 30, 2015 at 6:59 AM Post #25 of 65
I've been using my PaT with my iPad and iPhone 6+ for a few days now and I am quite happy with it. It definitely punches above its price tag. I do wish it was able to push a slightly higher volume with my HD600 but it does sound phenomenal and has acceptable volume for most situations. It easily drives my Grado SR125e and compliments their sound nicely.

I'd describe the sound as articulate with excellent layering and separation of instruments. Non-fatiguing also comes to mind.

Jun 30, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #27 of 65
With the HD600s it's like having two more clicks of volume. It isn't much but those two clicks go a long way to making the big cans satisfying.

I only have cheap-ish LSTN Bowerys as far as IEMs are concerned. Even with these mediocre at best headphones there is a noticeable improvement is sound over the jack.

Jul 4, 2015 at 5:48 AM Post #28 of 65
Really great USB dac/amp. Any idea about the output imendance? I hope it is less than 1 ohms.

/Edit ok I found 1.8 Ohms. http://www.calyxaudio.com/cgi/bbs/board.php?bo_table=T_product_eng&prodNo=1&eng=1

Btw. I don't find any way to buy this device in EU/Germany...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back