Calyx PaT - The $99 Pocket Sized DAC/Amp for iOS, Android and computers
Dec 2, 2015 at 10:38 PM Post #62 of 65
I own 1 of these, blue color.. while testing it i notice the difference between 'with PaT' and 'without PaT' with Ipod as a source is not significant.. im pretty new to audio amp so im not sure why i bought it haha..

but i used it together with Hippo Tile and i loved the boost both of them gave (though im not sure whether its the PaT or the Tile that makes the sound so bright and lively with sufficient bass boost)..

i tested the same song - Daft Punk /Lose yourselft to dance , with PaT i can hear more details (or so i thought) then i remove Pat and notice similar details but i need to pump up the volume similar to while using PaT.

Im going to stick to using both PaT and Tile Amp but Tile Amp has huge issues with sound interference with the mini 3.5mm cable. its my 3rd cable already and now im facing the same issue lol.

Jan 18, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #63 of 65
I've bought PaT a week ago. My first impression about the sound is warm. So warm when compare to my laptop. Forward vocal. More Punchy bass but faster and cleaner (i like it for double pedal on metal song). but it lack the sparkle on the high compare to my laptop dac. Soundstage is not wide, but a little wider than my phone. Cleaner compare to my phone. After listening through PaT for a week, my ears adapting to this warmer sound, i can more like it.
is there any way to make PaT's button work on android? I'm using LG G2 and Xperia M if it helps

Apr 6, 2016 at 2:53 AM Post #64 of 65
  I've bought PaT a week ago. My first impression about the sound is warm. So warm when compare to my laptop. Forward vocal. More Punchy bass but faster and cleaner (i like it for double pedal on metal song). but it lack the sparkle on the high compare to my laptop dac. Soundstage is not wide, but a little wider than my phone. Cleaner compare to my phone. After listening through PaT for a week, my ears adapting to this warmer sound, i can more like it.
is there any way to make PaT's button work on android? I'm using LG G2 and Xperia M if it helps

ive read it somewhere that the button only works for apple

Oct 17, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #65 of 65
Does the PaT actually have an (integrated) analog volume control?

I just noticed that my RHA in-ears are very loud with this DAC. I can pull down the volume with the physical buttons but as far as I can tell they do only decrease the digital system volume. Sadfully, this appears to lead to a higher noise floor with my low impedance headphones :/

BTW:
Media buttons work fine with Windows 10 + Foobar2000.
The DAC does also work with Android MM, at least with my LG G3 in combination with the app "Hiby Music". PowerAmp does emit a signal as well for some times. But it sounds awful in comparison to Hiby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back