Calm/Laid back DAC recomendations
Oct 23, 2023 at 4:11 PM Post #16 of 20
Thanks for advice, but right now i have no DAC at all, my PC's sound card is the source and i would really like to buy a DAC, not necessarily spending maximum of my budget.
Well, good DACamps can be fairly expensive. One alternative is to find a pair of easily-driven headphones like the drop/Fostex which I mentioned which will run off your PC soundcard.

I'll keep that one in mind, but i am hoping to find open back pair.
I'm sorry, I can't think of anything in an open pair with scooped-out mids. The TR-X00 is the only pair I have that has that signature, and I really don't like it because of that.

I hope somebody will have a better idea what to suggest.

Oct 23, 2023 at 4:12 PM Post #17 of 20
A second hand Marantz HD-Dac1 would be a decent option.

Oct 23, 2023 at 4:59 PM Post #18 of 20
Well, good DACamps can be fairly expensive. One alternative is to find a pair of easily-driven headphones like the drop/Fostex which I mentioned which will run off your PC soundcard.

I'm sorry, I can't think of anything in an open pair with scooped-out mids. The TR-X00 is the only pair I have that has that signature, and I really don't like it because of that.

I hope somebody will have a better idea what to suggest.
Thanks 👍
A second hand Marantz HD-Dac1 would be a decent option.
I'll keep an eye on that one for sure, but for now i can not see any available.
Maybe some new solutions will appear.

It is hard to find a good solution. I'll propably buy a new headphones first and later try to find s suitable DAC.
Maby some R2R Denafrips Ares or Musician Audio Draco/Pegasus. I've been considering Ares and Draco, but reviews seem to by very mixed. Some say that Draco is smoother and gentler, others that it sounds raw, energetic and a little rough. Same comes to Ares few reviews claim that it is super smooth and warm, others that it is bright and moderately smooth. I guess, i will have to test it myself once the rest of my equipment will by gathered.

Oct 23, 2023 at 8:43 PM Post #19 of 20
Teac UD-301 is one to look at. It will have to be second hand but is built really well. It is definitely on the warmer side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back