Calling all SOURCE pictures!
May 8, 2005 at 2:17 AM Post #92 of 126
Bangpod...perhaps you are confusing me with someone else. I am at least twice as good looking as that Rhino.
blink.gif

Now that's taking up a lot of bandwidth!!!!
basshead.gif

May 8, 2005 at 2:59 PM Post #93 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by ooheadsoo
My new fragile one-off: dddac1543 with 16 chips in parallel, improved clock power regulator, powered off a 12v 18ah battery, el cheapo 12 step attenuator, blah blah.

So. Howsit sound?

May 27, 2005 at 6:42 PM Post #97 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by Salt Peanuts
Apogee Mini-DAC w/ Philips 963SA as the transport.
10628source_pic-med.JPG

That's a sweet lil rig. I wouldn't mind having that if I wasn't married to computers-as-source right now.

May 27, 2005 at 11:10 PM Post #100 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigD
I proudly support new york state products like Mcintosh and Grado.

I used to stand on Broadway and look in the window of Stereo Exchange and drool. I like the new Mcintosh amps reviewed in Stereophile a couple of months back, but I neede a 5 channel amp, so I went with the Cary Cinema 5. I wanted the BAT VK-6200, but it was a lot more money, and Absolute Sound reviewed both and said the Cary won by a notch.

Sorry about the Hijack...I'll stop.

May 27, 2005 at 11:55 PM Post #101 of 126
Good to see some love for the Apogee Mini-DAC, SP
wink.gif
. Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
That's a sweet lil rig. I wouldn't mind having that if I wasn't married to computers-as-source right now.

Don't you know that the USB-version of the Mini-DAC is the ultimate soundcard? The Apogee is the perfect source for your Grados. Your excuses have ended. Come over to the dark side, James
very_evil_smiley.gif
!

May 28, 2005 at 12:07 AM Post #102 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
I used to stand on Broadway and look in the window of Stereo Exchange and drool. I like the new Mcintosh amps reviewed in Stereophile a couple of months back, but I neede a 5 channel amp, so I went with the Cary Cinema 5. I wanted the BAT VK-6200, but it was a lot more money, and Absolute Sound reviewed both and said the Cary won by a notch.

Sorry about the Hijack...I'll stop.

I always liked Cary Audio, the Cinema 5 looks nice. I'm thinking about adding MC7104 4-channel amp to my existing Mcintosh MC2105 stereo power amp. Of course I would have to add MX132 to replace the current preamp.

May 28, 2005 at 2:33 AM Post #104 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg
Don't you know that the USB-version of the Mini-DAC is the ultimate soundcard? The Apogee is the perfect source for your Grados. Your excuses have ended. Come over to the dark side, James
very_evil_smiley.gif
!

Yes, join us.
evil_smiley.gif
Mini-DAC needs more love, you know.

I must say the McIntosh preamp is one classy looking equipment!

May 28, 2005 at 9:34 AM Post #105 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by ooheadsoo
640 crop P1010001.jpg

My new fragile one-off: dddac1543 with 16 chips in parallel, improved clock power regulator, powered off a 12v 18ah battery, el cheapo 12 step attenuator, blah blah.

I spy a MaPower external HDD enclosure.
wink.gif

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back