CALLING ALL IRISH MEMBERS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 19, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #196 of 249
Just to say that I built up both the J-Mo and also RJMs other kit, the Sapphire.Both are really good!!!

The J-Mo especially is ideal for anyone starting out as its a very easy build, but you need to configure it for either low impedance or high impedance cans.... and its not easy to change between both. The Sapphire will do all cans, although its a little more involved build, you especially need to be a little more careful on layout and wiring.

Anyway, hopefully we'll have another meet in the future and I can bring these along.

Fran

Nov 19, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #197 of 249
  Just to say that I built up both the J-Mo and also RJMs other kit, the Sapphire.Both are really good!!!

The J-Mo especially is ideal for anyone starting out as its a very easy build, but you need to configure it for either low impedance or high impedance cans.... and its not easy to change between both. The Sapphire will do all cans, although its a little more involved build, you especially need to be a little more careful on layout and wiring.

Anyway, hopefully we'll have another meet in the future and I can bring these along.

Fran

I really want to start building. I have no experience though. I would probably need to take classes or something like that. It would be great if there was a course or something. 

Dec 30, 2013 at 8:50 AM Post #198 of 249
Hi All,

I'm planning on a bit of get together at my place for the 1st Feb 2014 - I do this each year for the tir na hifi forum "birthday". Traditionally, this has been about regular hifi stuff, but I thought it might be interesting to have a headfi setup this time around? Would you be interested? I'm located outside Naas in Kildare, and although off public transport links, I'm sure we can organise lifts etc.

I've started a thread over on TNF where you should be able to see more info:

http://www.tirnahifi.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2576

Basically, I have 2 listening rooms and was planning on setting up a third for headphones.

Interest? Of course anyone is still welcome to come along whether headphones are involved or not!

Fran

Dec 30, 2013 at 10:48 AM Post #199 of 249
  Hi All,

I'm planning on a bit of get together at my place for the 1st Feb 2014 - I do this each year for the tir na hifi forum "birthday". Traditionally, this has been about regular hifi stuff, but I thought it might be interesting to have a headfi setup this time around? Would you be interested? I'm located outside Naas in Kildare, and although off public transport links, I'm sure we can organise lifts etc.

I've started a thread over on TNF where you should be able to see more info:

http://www.tirnahifi.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2576

Basically, I have 2 listening rooms and was planning on setting up a third for headphones.

Interest? Of course anyone is still welcome to come along whether headphones are involved or not!

Fran

Count me in Fran  I will definitely be there.  

Jan 3, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #201 of 249
Hey Fran.

Im not too far away, ill pop over (assuming that my wife hasnt had a baby at that stage.

Jan 26, 2014 at 5:59 PM Post #204 of 249
  Just popping in to say its all systems go for next Saturday - open to all who would like to come along....

PC audio room
"regular" room - CD, vinyl, etc
Headphone room....

Fran

Fran I don't think i can bring my headphone rig because I am coming on the bus. Is anyone bringing a headphone rig other than me? 

Jan 26, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #205 of 249
I think Mark is coming along as well. 

No worries on the rig - do you think you can bring the HD800 safely? I have my own AKG701, and HD650s and a set of vintage stax lined up. Plus a few sources etc.....

Fran

Jan 26, 2014 at 6:43 PM Post #206 of 249
  I think Mark is coming along as well. 

No worries on the rig - do you think you can bring the HD800 safely? I have my own AKG701, and HD650s and a set of vintage stax lined up. Plus a few sources etc.....

Fran

Yea should be. Is any1 from Dublin going that i could get a lift with? 

Jan 26, 2014 at 6:43 PM Post #207 of 249
Then i could bring the whole rig. 

Jan 26, 2014 at 7:04 PM Post #209 of 249
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back