CALLING ALL IRISH MEMBERS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2014 at 8:32 AM Post #211 of 249
Hey Fran

Hoping to pop along (my wife is due a baby in the next 2 1/2 weeks so it might be a short visit!!) , what time are you looking at?

Jan 27, 2014 at 8:51 AM Post #212 of 249
Hi mark,

1 to 6ish is the plan. Do you want to send me a pm with your email/mobile and I can send you on directions.

We have a good line up, both headphone and regular HiFi. Some really really good amps sources etc...

Fran

Jan 27, 2014 at 5:30 PM Post #213 of 249
Several DIY amps, and also some commercial ones.

I'm pretty stoked that one of the fellas, fryderyk is bringing his DIY amp - just about the best HPA I've ever heard. 

Just for kicks, the computer audio setup will be using horns and all valve amplification (not that you'd know it by listening) along with a variety of custom build PCs, dacs and OSs.

The second room will have a regular array of equipment - full list to be confirmed yet, but it'll be good - more on this tomorrow!!

All exciting and we should have a great day...... and its open to all who'd like to come along!

Fran

Jan 27, 2014 at 7:22 PM Post #214 of 249
  Several DIY amps, and also some commercial ones.

I'm pretty stoked that one of the fellas, fryderyk is bringing his DIY amp - just about the best HPA I've ever heard. 

Just for kicks, the computer audio setup will be using horns and all valve amplification (not that you'd know it by listening) along with a variety of custom build PCs, dacs and OSs.

The second room will have a regular array of equipment - full list to be confirmed yet, but it'll be good - more on this tomorrow!!

All exciting and we should have a great day...... and its open to all who'd like to come along!

Fran

What is the Headphone amp that fryderyk built? Any pics, Im gonna be getting  a DNA stratus by the end of the year.

I want to build a DAC as well but in a long way away from that. I wonder would you know anyone who can build a buffalo 3? 

Jan 28, 2014 at 7:47 AM Post #216 of 249
I don't have exact details, solid state design, fet input, mosfet output, high quality power supply.

I don't offhand know, but I have a buffalo 2 that you can hear on the day....

Fran

I look forward to that

Feb 15, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #218 of 249
Ah pity, i was away, just back. Hope the meet went well!

Mark

Mar 24, 2015 at 6:39 AM Post #222 of 249
Hey guys

Anybody in Ireland got an Ultrasone Signature Pro? Id, love to get a local opinion im trying to decide on a portable and its between this and the Oppo PM3. (which ill be able to demo at hifihut soon).

Thanks

Mark 

Mar 26, 2015 at 5:17 AM Post #223 of 249
Living in Belfast at the moment and find it difficult to find anywhere to demo high end gear.  Was in the listening suite in Dublin recently anywhere else in the country I could be trying?  Also would be interested in a meet if there is a future one, just getting started in head-fi nowadays.

Mar 26, 2015 at 7:30 AM Post #224 of 249
hi, try hifihut in Dublin... www.hifihut.ie or Clooney Hifi also based in Dublin both have listening booths and cater for hi-end customers. Hope this helps. Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back