CALLING ALL IRISH MEMBERS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2013 at 12:41 PM Post #181 of 249
ooooh, k1000s.

OK, I need to call to you too!!!! They'd sound very nice running of one of my valve amps, or maybe my pass aleph or f5!!

Yeah, that's quite the collection alright!!!

Reading all this is making me think of making a valve energiser for my old stax lambdas.

Fran

Oct 27, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #182 of 249
When I got SR-Omega ( first Omega fro 1993 ,only 530 made ) I like it way more then 009.I did not use 009 often after that.
I like warmer ,more relaxing and darker sound then 009.
009 has no soundstage compare to SR-Omega.
SR-Omega has even better ,deeper soundstage than K1000.

Oct 27, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #184 of 249
is nice not only to try gear but meet some new people and share experience.

i would love to hear the carey 300 through the hd800. did you trade in the sli-80 for the 300b?

Oct 27, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #185 of 249
I had HD800 for two days and I like this headphones so much.It sound very nic with 300B.
I ordered HD800 and wait till my dealer get new delivery fro Sennheiser.

After I compare SLI80 with CAD300 I sold SLI and go for 300B but SLI is very ,very nice amp to.

Oct 27, 2013 at 1:07 PM Post #186 of 249
ooooh, k1000s.

OK, I need to call to you too!!!! They'd sound very nice running of one of my valve amps, or maybe my pass aleph or f5!!

Yeah, that's quite the collection alright!!!

Reading all this is making me think of making a valve energiser for my old stax lambdas.

Fran

Fran are you make amps yourself , are you DIY guy ?

Oct 27, 2013 at 2:24 PM Post #188 of 249
Hey guys
The meet was a great experience yesterday, i got to hear so much great gear and meet great people.I also found out that Fran is only down the road from me so i can pop across a few fields when i need some advice.

Huge thanks to the guys at Cloney Audio, great people who made us feel so welcome and who have a lovely range of gear. Also thanks to Daniel from Sennheiser who came and missed most the the Arsenal game on his day off and was very helpful with advice and showing off the great new amps of course the 800!

Ive decided to get the Fiio X3 after hearing it yesterday. Im also trying to get EAC working on the advice of Tony.

Hoe to chat again soon!

Mark

Oct 27, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #189 of 249
wow nice headphones!!!!!

and WA2!!!!

Oct 27, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #190 of 249
  wow nice headphones!!!!!

and WA2!!!!

That would be my WA2 - thanks 
beyersmile.png

Oct 28, 2013 at 12:08 PM Post #192 of 249
  Guys,

Someone left behind a CD:

Is anyone missing CD album of Jazz trio MOZDZER, DANIELSSON, FRESCO ,,The Time’’?

Let us know who owns it and we can send it back....

Fran

It might belong to one of the Polish lads (not me) as the first name belongs to Polish jazz musician, Możdżer with the dots over the z's :wink:

Nov 1, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #194 of 249
A good few people have asked about diying an amp. I don't know anyone in the country who takes on that work - especially in valves.

For anyone who wants to have a go themselves, it's a great idea to buy a cmoy kit from eBay - its hard to go wrong with one and the tools needed are minimal.

I've been experimenting a bit since the meet and have gotten some good results with a cobbled together solid state design - good enough for me to research further and maybe invest in a chassis!

I have nearly all I need to do a valve hpa too, but that's more work.

So if anyone has a burning need to build an amp, I'm willing to help out. A great place to start is with a kit (assuming you are ok with the likes of a cmoy) and one that fits the bill very nicely is the j-mo mk2 from rjmaudio. I've built a few of his designs before and they have always turned out well. The kit is usd50, and you'll spend another 50 on a power supply. But you could use a wallwart to get going.

Fran

Nov 1, 2013 at 8:31 PM Post #195 of 249

Great advice, I started my experience with DIY in audio by building simple amp, cmoy style, on breadboard from op-amp I found on old TV board.

If I can just add my 2 cents - when buying cmoy kit/pcb buy good one. If you'd get the low quality one, badly designed it will put you off from diy. Ones to recommend: Jds Labs cMoyBB and Fred-Fred amps. Jds makes O2 by NwAvGuy as well.

With cMoy I learned how the op-amp circuit works, how different frequencies are filtered, how power source affects the sq, how to hand-choose elements (I've always paired resistors for my cMoys).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back