CALLING ALL CUSTOM IEM'S
Apr 18, 2012 at 9:12 AM Post #482 of 559
Thanks to all who have kept this thread going.  I sent my original Hearyourself.com (Alien Ears) C-3's to Alien ears for a remold for my friend as I have purchased some JH13's also being remolded at Alien Ears.AE is really backed up and I'm not getting the email or phone response I expected but hopefully they will ship out soon and I'll be sure to post PICs here

Apr 19, 2012 at 4:56 AM Post #488 of 559

Quote:

+1 on that. was thinking of remolding my jh13 through heir audio. anyone have any amswer to this question?

As taken from Heir Audio's website: After remolding, it is impossible to match the exact original sound signature. This is simply due to the laws of physics and there is little we can do about this. That said, we do double check our work, and make sure left and right head phones are balanced pre and post remolding. Heir Audio, in no form or fashion claims to “tune” or “match” the original frequency response. Furthermore, Heir Audio is not liable for any damages that may occur to your CIEM/IEM during the remold process. By purchasing this service it is understood that you have read this notice.

And I'm sure this applies to all companies. Unless however, you get your CIEM reshelled by the same company that originally made them, but unfortunately JH Audio does not offer reshell services.  

Apr 19, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #489 of 559

Quote:
Thinking of remolding my JH16 coz I dont like the original mould from JH Audio. Will the sound signature change? Any risk?

There's no risk that you'll lose anything except the shell. I prefer my remolded shells appearance to the original JHA made shell.

Quote:

As taken from Heir Audio's website: After remolding, it is impossible to match the exact original sound signature. This is simply due to the laws of physics and there is little we can do about this. That said, we do double check our work, and make sure left and right head phones are balanced pre and post remolding. Heir Audio, in no form or fashion claims to “tune” or “match” the original frequency response. Furthermore, Heir Audio is not liable for any damages that may occur to your CIEM/IEM during the remold process. By purchasing this service it is understood that you have read this notice.

And I'm sure this applies to all companies. Unless however, you get your CIEM reshelled by the same company that originally made them, but unfortunately JH Audio does not offer reshell services.  

The sound signature won't change in an audible way. The sound would be about 98-99% of what the original was in most cases from what I've been told, and I doubt that anyone would be able to pick out any real differences unless the reshell went really poorly.

Apr 21, 2012 at 12:09 AM Post #494 of 559
I'm assuming UM did these?
Quote:
Hey all, new here, both are reshell:
Blue: sf5pro + im716
Black: tf10pro + 1 driver

Apr 21, 2012 at 12:10 AM Post #495 of 559

Quote:

Very funky design.

Thank you? 
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread