Call me Basshead if u want..but where is the bass on 580?
Nov 19, 2002 at 1:42 AM Post #76 of 87
i believe someone in the for sale / trade section has a D20 for sale
wink.gif

Nov 19, 2002 at 1:49 AM Post #77 of 87
well at least you've made progress. don't you have a volume wheel on the cdrom front panel? kinda makes me think the jack on the soundcard is faulty. the hiss is probably because of the same impedence mismatch.

regardless - you'll soon be a 2 headphone man. one for music and 1 for computer. just spend about $30 for cans for the computer. anything more will probably be a waste. then setup a bitchin' setup for your hd600's.

good luck.

Nov 19, 2002 at 3:00 PM Post #78 of 87
How can HISS be due to impedance mismatch again??
confused.gif

I must start calling you the 'impedance mismatch man' or something
tongue.gif
confused.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 19, 2002 at 3:56 PM Post #79 of 87
To the hissing affair: try to disable some unneccessary inputs on the Play Control.

Nov 19, 2002 at 4:11 PM Post #80 of 87
I holnestly know this to be a fact. If you do not believe it then take a look at microsofts technet.

Quote:

Originally posted by wallijonn
i honestly don't think so. the data cable runs data & control signals. the digital or analogue 'pigtail' cables will carry the actual sound waveform.

i've found that mediaplayer or cdplayer will not produce sound out of the cdrom front jack (usually about 0.8v @ 32 ohms. @300 ohms, that probably produces about 0.2 v, if not less). to get the front jack to produce sound, one would have to use creative player. at least it's a way to compare sound quality between outputs.

use a digital 2 wire pigtail cable instead of the 4 wire analogue cable. then try, again. digital audio extraction actually works better on the audigy than the SBlive!. xp should necessitate a reboot upon first enabling.

Nov 19, 2002 at 8:21 PM Post #82 of 87
Quote:

Originally posted by wallijonn
i will. i've been wrong before. more times than i'd like to admit.

hehe
smily_headphones1.gif

anyway an even better option would be to simply remove the CD-audio cable in a winxp box. Try it out, you will be surprised
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 19, 2002 at 8:37 PM Post #83 of 87
Quote:

Originally posted by JaZZ
To the hissing affair: try to disable some unneccessary inputs on the Play Control.

Wow! And that works! The problem was the auxiliary output...once I mute it the hiss is gone
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks

Nov 19, 2002 at 8:49 PM Post #84 of 87
Quote:

Originally posted by Jackangel
The best way to find out about ordering a meta42 is to PM someone who makes them, such as KurtW, JMT, erix, etc...

There's more than one way to PM someone. One convenient method is to click on the PM button located at the bottom of a message posted in a thread by someone you wish to PM. For example, if you wanted to PM me, just click on the PM button at the bottom of this message. That will take you to another page where you can send the PM. It's very much like posting to a thread in one of the public forums, but here you will find a recipient field, which must contain the name of the person you are PMing. After that, put in a subject (required for PM) and then enter the body of your message as usual.

Another way is to click on the 'user cp' button in the top right corner of nearly every Head-Fi web page. This takes you to your own user control panel, from which you can manage your Head-Fi acount. From here, click on the 'private messages' link (upper right). Then click on the 'new message' button (near-bottom center) and send your PM as described.

You can try it out by PMing me with any other questions/comments, and I can pretend like I know something.

As for getting a meta42, those who build them will help you sort out of the details, just ask them whatever's on your mind. You should have a clear idea of how you will use the amp, how much you can pay, etc. I think you can expect to wait 2-3 weeks from the time you finalize an order to get your amp, assuming the builder isn't too busy.

piece,
rp:AUM

Well, it says I don't have the permission to access the page when I click PM .....weird

Nov 20, 2002 at 10:26 AM Post #85 of 87
mercid: you mean that if you don't have an analog connection from the CDROM to the sound card it would use digital out, but if you have the analog connection it would keep on using the analog connection?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 20, 2002 at 3:06 PM Post #86 of 87
Quote:

Originally posted by Joe Bloggs
mercid: you mean that if you don't have an analog connection from the CDROM to the sound card it would use digital out, but if you have the analog connection it would keep on using the analog connection?

No, I mean by default windows XP does not use that cable. You can set it up to use the cable but whats the point? Even if the cable is plugged in and you have not changed windows XP config then it will not use the cable.

Audio, I dont really know but am learning, computers, well thats my real expertise and really the only way i can offer help to this community.

Nov 20, 2002 at 3:28 PM Post #87 of 87
Quote:

Originally posted by mercid
No, I mean by default windows XP does not use that cable. You can set it up to use the cable but whats the point? Even if the cable is plugged in and you have not changed windows XP config then it will not use the cable.

Furthermore, digital audio extraction (via the IDE/ATA or SCSI interface) is also the default audio-output setting even on a Windows 98, Windows 98 Second Edition, Windows 2000 or Windows Me system if that system has been updated with Windows Media Player 7 or later. But some soundcards (*coughCreativecough*) don't work very well with DAE under such older OSes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back